Alicia Molik officially engaged :) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:43 AM   #1
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute
Alicia Molik officially engaged :)

Congrats to Alicia, good couple of months for her.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/mo...-1225809436850

HER engagement is official and so is her comeback as a svelte Alicia Molik courted the media at Melbourne Park today.

The former world No.8 on Friday declared her ``long service leave'' officially over and said she felt fresh and fit.

Molik retired in 2008 after a run of serious illness and injury but after announcing a comeback in July, recently won her third Australian Pro Tour title.

Her personal life is also flourishing, recently engaged to Perth-based man she referred to only as Tim, as she was reluctant to reveal any further details.

"On the personal front and professional front I've had a good seven or eight weeks and I couldn't be happier going into January and the summer,'' Molik said.

"I just had so many injuries for so long, to be honest it gets you down, physically and mentally.

"I've played tennis full-time since the age of 12, that's a lot of years that you spend on the court and training

"All I really needed was a good break. It was a bit of long-service leave in the end, a good five or six months out of the game really freshened me up.''

A fan favourite at Melbourne Park, 28-year-old Molik could have waited for Tennis Australia to hand her a wild card for the Open.

But the Olympic bronze medallist said she preferred to prove herself by playing in next week's wildcard tournament, and by doing so send a message to Australia's next crop of talent.

She will line up against players including Casey Dellacqua, who has been sidelined with injury for almost a year, Olivia Rogowska and rising star Monika Wejnert.

"There's no point in giving away spots to the Australian open, I think everyone really needs to prove themselves and earn their position.

"You feel that much better stepping out on the court, having earned it,'' Molik said.

"And I think it's an important message also for the juniors to know that spots are up for grabs but we really have to put ourselves on the line and prove ourselves.''

Molik felt she had been playing ``really well'' and had set herself the goal of playing in main draw of each of the grand slam tournaments next year.

She felt she had the form to make an impact on the Australian Open, where she reached the quarter finals in 2005, having clocked up almost 40 matches in the past three months on the Pro Tour.

"Absolutely, I've played enough tennis over the past three months that I'll feel cherry ripe going into it and there's still another five weeks until the Australian Open so that's a really large block I have to train for.''

"I put in the work since March so my body and fitness and strength hasn't really been an issue.

"I'm right where I'd like to be, but again have one more week to prove myself.''

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:45 AM   #2
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alicia Molik officially engaged :)

God help that poor man Congratulations Alicia.
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #3
country flag svetaisthebest

svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute svetaisthebest has a reputation beyond repute

congrats Alicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycourter View Post
Kuznetsova is probably the worst player in history to win more than one slam. Justine has 10 times more talent in her pinky than Sveta in her whole body. This match will be 2 routine sets.
svetaisthebest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:49 AM   #4
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Alicia!!!!!!!
who is she marrying?

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #5
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future

To a MAN??? Uh, I mean CONGRATULATIONS!!! (I kid, I kid...)
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM   #6
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Alicia.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #7
country flag Slammer7
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!

Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute

A straight Australian born Women's tennis player? Will wonders never cease?

j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraleede View Post
God help that poor man Congratulations Alicia.
What? Are you implying something?

Congrats Alicia. All the happiness in the world to you and your fiance.
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 07:19 AM   #8
country flag lindsaymartinah

lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer7 View Post
A straight Australian born Women's tennis player? Will wonders never cease?

j/k

What? Are you implying something?

Congrats Alicia. All the happiness in the world to you and your fiance.
Seriously, it does seem as though Alicia is the only recent or at least current Australian player who isn't gay or even rumoured to be.

Rennae Stubbs definitely is, and Nicole Pratt, Christina Wheeler and Samantha Stosur are all rumoured to be.
lindsaymartinah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 07:30 AM   #9
country flag tim2502

tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations Alicia!
Venus Williams !Chuang Chia-Jung !Lucie Safarova !Zheng Jie
Agnieszka Radwanska !Ayumi Morita !Tamarine Tanasugarn!Peng Shuai !
-----------------------------------------------------------
forever Lindsay Davenport
tim2502 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 07:46 AM   #10
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymartinah View Post
Seriously, it does seem as though Alicia is the only recent or at least current Australian player who isn't gay or even rumoured to be.

Rennae Stubbs definitely is, and Nicole Pratt, Christina Wheeler and Samantha Stosur are all rumoured to be.
Wait so two are and two are rumoured and now Alicia is the only straight Australian player.

For some reason I thought we had..oh I don't know, 30 or more so players out there..
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 07:55 AM   #11
country flag lindsaymartinah

lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice lindsaymartinah is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimoo View Post
Wait so two are and two are rumoured and now Alicia is the only straight Australian player.

For some reason I thought we had..oh I don't know, 30 or more so players out there..
What I mean is that Australia has had a history of being notorious for having a large amount of lesbian tennis players, or players rumoured to be. I'm talking about the well known ones, not obscure, eg Alicia and Sam Stosur, as opposed to players like Monique Adamazcak and Jess Moore.
lindsaymartinah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 07:59 AM   #12
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it really matters, but Nicole Pratt is not 'rumoured to be'.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #13
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Привет View Post
Not that it really matters, but Nicole Pratt is not 'rumoured to be'.
Yeah she was on gay radio in Melbourne!
Stosur, Wheeler, and Dellacqua are all also confirmed lesbians and good on them! Good to have some positive Lesbian role models out there!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 08:15 AM   #14
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Congratz Alicia!!

Btw, Sam and Casey are confirmed lesbians?

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #15
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
Yeah she was on gay radio in Melbourne!
Stosur, Wheeler, and Dellacqua are all also confirmed lesbians and good on them! Good to have some positive Lesbian role models out there!
source?
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote