Czink Melinda - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:09 PM   #16
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Melinda plays today the qualies in Budapest!

(3)Melinda Czink vs. Nathalie Vierin

GO MELI!!!! MAKE IT TO THE MD!!!!

Old Jul 24th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #17
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
(3)Melinda Czink vs. (Alt)Angelika Bachmann 62 63

Go Melinda!!!
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 01:05 AM   #18
country flag Bероника

Old Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:15 PM   #19
country flag Bероника

US Open

qualies:

1st rd: vs. Els Callens BEL
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #20
country flag Bероника

Kolkota:

Maria Emilia Salerni vs. Melinda Czink
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 10:10 PM   #21
country flag Bероника

Czink upsets third-seeded Mirza at Sunfeast Open
September 21. 2005 10:29AM

CALCUTTA, India (AP) - Melinda Czink of Hungary moved into the quarterfinals of Sunfeast Open with an 0-6, 6-4, 6-4 upset of third seeded Sania Mirza of India on Wednesday.

Czink, ranked 131st in the world, rallied from a poor start and took advantage of numerous errors by the 34th-ranked Mirza. There were seven service breaks in the third set of their second-round match.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 10:52 PM   #22
country flag Bероника

mercredi septembre 21, 22h14
Melinda Czink of Hungary plays against India's Sania Mirza in the second round singles of the Sunfeast WTA Open tournament in Calcutta, India, Wednesd
ay, Sept.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 03:36 PM   #23
country flag Bероника

Czink slays Sania mania, Shikha enter quarters

Kolkata, Sep 21 (UNI) Indian sensation Sania Mirza, egged on by a partisan crowd, raised a storm before being knocked out of the meet by Hungarian Melinda Czink 6-0, 4-6, 4-6 in the pre-quarters of the WTA Sunfeast Open here on a day when the Indian flag was kept flying by Shikha Uberoi who became the first player to enter the round of eight.

Third seed Sania, who last week faced first round exit at Bali Open, began with a bang and hit a barrage of trademark forehand winners dismissing the Hungarian to take the first set 6-0 in a matter of 20 minutes.

However, poor serves and unforced errors came back to haunt her as she forfeited the match to the Hungarian ranked 88 spots below her.

Czink has a panache for causing upsets in India as she had earlier defeated Shikha Uberoi in the last edition of Hyderabad Open.

One set down, she raised her level of performance and bounced back into the match thanks to Sania's erratic game.

After running Sania ragged in the second set when she was broken in the first and seventh game by Czink who clinched the set 6-4 to level the match.

The decider was no different story and the Hungarian silenced the crowd by taking the set with an identical scoreline to enter into the quarterfinals of the 170,000 dollars event.

In the post match press meet, she said, ''I knew I would not want to lose love love and so I raised the level of my game.'' ''I also saw that Sania was not very confident and decided to attack her backhand. My strong point, which is my forehand also came good today,'' she said adding, ''I am aware that now the spotlight will be on me having defeated the tournament favourite and I have to live up to it.''
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 03:45 PM   #24
country flag Bероника

Winner apologises to fans

From correspondents in Kolkata, India
22sep05

HUNGARIAN outsider Melinda Czink apologised to Indian fans after dumping their favourite player from the WTA tournament here overnight.

An error-prone Sania Mirza, who shot to stardom with impressive performances at Wimbledon and the US Open, failed to find her rhythm and floundered 0-6 6-4 6-4 to the left-handed Czink.

Indian fanswere expecting Mirza to march into the quarter-finals after her first-round demolition of Japanese qualifier Junri Namigata.

"I am sorry for the crowd but I was wanting to win this match badly," said the Hungarian. "I was really nervous in the beginning and wish the crowd was with me. "I realised Sania was not as confident on court as she usually is. I told myself that if I lose, I will lose well."
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:29 PM   #25
country flag Bероника

©Sunfeast Open
Kolkata, India: After stunning India's favorite tennis star, Sania Mirza, in the second round, Melinda Czink shared her thoughts on the match with the press.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:46 PM   #26
country flag Bероника

Old Sep 25th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #27
country flag Bероника

Likhovtseva, Czink visit Mother House

KOLKATA: : Russian Elena Likhovtseva and Hungarian Melinda Czink paid a visit to Mother House, the headquarters of Missionaries of Charity, on Saturday.

The institution, made famous around the world by its founder Mother Teresa, is one of the greatest landmarks of the city for a foreign visitor and the Sunfeast Open has given an opportunity to the stars of world tennis to visit it.

The two, who paid their respects to the `angel of the poor' at her tomb in Mother House, were greeted with cheers by the children of the Nirmala Shishu Bhavan, an abode for orphans. Likhovtseva walked among the tiny ones and smiled at them. Both even cradled a baby playfully in their arms. They were greatly moved by the care extended to the children. The players spent an hour-and-a-half at the orphanage and the inmates were given a tennis bag full of gifts, arranged by Sunfeast. — Sports Reporter
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #28
country flag Bероника

© AFP/Getty Images

Tour Players Visit Mother Teresa's Missionaries Of Charity

KOLKATA, India - The name Mother Teresa is synonymous with the Indian city of Kolkata (Calcutta) and on Saturday, Tour players Elena Likhovtseva and Melinda Czink visited the Missionaries of Charity she established there in 1950. Before they contested their semifinal matches in the inaugural Sunfeast Open, Czink and Likhovtseva paid their respects to the woman affectionately known as 'Mother', who is buried in the headquarters of the organization, which now operates in more than 100 countries.

They also visited a nearby Missionaries of Charity orphanage and met dozens of children and the nuns who look after them.

"It was really touching," said Czink. "Being a tennis player you need to be quite selfish at times, and to see what these nuns do caring for all the children, I have a lot of respect and admiration for them.

"I had strong emotions going there today – on the one hand I was so happy to visit the little children and to see them smile, but on the other hand it made me really sad to know what they've been through.

"It made me realize how lucky I am, living the life I live."

The Sunfeast Open and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour donated food hampers, clothes and medicine to the Missionaries of Charity, which has been run by Sister M. Nirmala Joshi since March 13, 1997, six months before Mother Teresa's death.
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 10:30 PM   #29
country flag Bероника

©Tashkent Open
Tashkent, Uzbekistan: Melinda Czink of Hungary attends the main draw ceremony.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #30
country flag Bероника

Canberra

Melinda is competing in Canberra this week.A win to start!

Melinda Czink (HUN) d Antonella Serra Zanetti (ITA) 6-2, 6-2