SzÁvay Ágnes - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #886
country flag Mandula

Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light
Re: SzÁvay Ágnes

Paris

1r: Ági (7) def. Govortsova 6-1 6-1
SZÁVAY ÁGI * MANDULA PETRA * MAROSI KATALIN * KAPROS ANIKÓ * NAGY KYRA * CZINK MELINDA * ARN GRETA * FILIPOVSKI ALEXANDRA * KIRÁLY PÁLMA * JANI RÉKA LUCA * BABOS TÍMEA * DINARA SAFINA * ANA IVANOVIC * MICHAELLA KRAJICEK * ARANTXA RUS * ANABEL MEDINA GARRIGUES * VIRGINIA RUANO PASCUAL * TAMIRA PASZEK * VANIA KING * ELENI DANIILIDOU * EMILIE LOIT * BACSINSZKI TIMEA * EMMANUELLE GAGLIARDI
Mandula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #887
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Very good performance from Agi, that didn't rely only on Olga's mistakes. She hit 18 winners for 16 UE, most of them came from the 1st set when she had difficulties to find her game. She was very calm during all the match while her opponent was out of breath ^^, it was so visible on the court, she was hitting the ball cleanly & constructing well the rallies.
Voila, first match won for Agi after a good FedCup. I'm sure the small slump has now taken an end.
Good luck against Tathiana.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #888
country flag HTE
Team WTAworld

HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute

good win Ági, some of her service games were awful though, had Olga played a bit better she would have been broken quite a few times...

Caroline Wozniacki cheering thread My sports photos - UPDATED 18. Jun. 09
¤ Wozniacki -o- Golovin -o- Hantuchova -o- Cornet -o-Kirilenko -o- Vakulenko -o- Schaul -o- Vaidisova -o- Mirza -o- Missing Marti & Anna K ¤
¤ Future stars: Barbat -o- Besser -o- Vaisemberg -o- Lukaszewicz -o- Rodina -o- Vermoezen -o- Curtis -o- Jolak -o- Kalashnikova -o- Kichenok Twins -o- Robson ¤
HTE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 04:23 AM   #889
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Agnes She might be my new fave now with Hingis gone!

*hingis_forever* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #890
country flag cindy

cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute cindy has a reputation beyond repute

congrats to agnes for her great match...though she didn't have a lot to do considering the fact that olge was hitting the ball without thinking at all. Agnes showed some great tennis! I hope she'll win it all! If she keeps playing like this she can do it! best of luck Agi!

sasha cohen sheva sergei fedorov andrei pavel

kimi raikkonen F1 world champion 2007

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a strong person.” Nadia Comaneci
cindy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #891
country flag Chipi

Chipi is an unknown quantity at this point

And Agi did it 63 46 62 against Garbin. It could be easier, if she could make any from the 8 break points in the 2nd set. Now one day rest, and then probably Hantu. Agi won her last year, can do it again!
Chipi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #892
country flag Peterk07

Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of

"Agnčs Szavay Overpowers Tathiana Garbin in Late Night Clash
00:03 - 07/02/2008 - Cécile Verin

A match of opposite styles unfolded tonight on Central Court with Italy’s Tathiana Garbin (n39) trying to use her experience and consistency to counter the power and depth of Hungary’s young upstart Agnčs Szavay (20). After a 2 hour and 19 minute battle, youth prevailed in Coubertin tonight. (Photo: Panoramic)

With an impressive start and her signature grunt accompanying each of her shots, Garbin, 30, took an early 3-0 lead while her younger opponent, seemed to have trouble getting into the rhythm. The Italian got off to a great start hitting several emphatic winners from the baseline. But it soon became obvious that time was all Szavay needed to adjust and play like a top 20 player when she, in turn, won a series of seven consecutive games using a varied ground strokes, drop shots and passing shots. Aided by the recurrent weakness of the Garbin serve, Szavay’s power game earned her the first set 6-3 in 38 minutes.

In the second set, the Italian seized the opportunity that was offered to her to start with a clean slate and she finally won a game on a surprisingly bad drop shot from Szavay that was more a lapse of concentration than anything else. But with the few spectators left in the stands on her side as the underdog the French crowds typically love so much, Garbin was able to put on a strong show of defensive tennis to counter her opponent’s power, and seemed to be winning most of the longer points. At times, it took the youngest player as much energy to win an entire game as it took the Italian to win a single point against her. Yet the Italian never gave up, waited until she was out of the eye of the Szavay storm, broke her serve, served for the set and offered the Coubertin fans some amazing points in the process. The set went to Garbin the fighter (6-4) in an hour.

The final set was just as good as the previous one and after taking a medical timeout because of a bleeding knee at 2-1, the inexhaustible Italian kept running down all of Szavay’s flat and powerful shots but they eventually became too strong for her and she found herself behind 1-4. As can be expected from a seasoned fighter like Garbin, she never gave up. But the youngster’s power and precision were simply too much for the Italian veteran in the end. With only some 100 die-hard women’s tennis fans remaining in the stadium, Garbin went up to serve to stay in the match trailing 2-5. But, the powerful youngster didn’t falter and closed out a hard-fought first-round match. Agnčs Szavay will be a player to watch as the tournament unfolds."

Bravo Agi.
Peterk07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #893
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Agi !!!! I am so glad that she is finding her confidence here in Paris ^^ She is such a joy to watch, too bad for me that I won't be there for a week to see her next matches. But what is sure is that I will have many more occasions, Agi is back.

PS: Please Agi, convert your BPS next times!!!!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #894
country flag HTE
Team WTAworld

HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute HTE has a reputation beyond repute

well done

Caroline Wozniacki cheering thread My sports photos - UPDATED 18. Jun. 09
¤ Wozniacki -o- Golovin -o- Hantuchova -o- Cornet -o-Kirilenko -o- Vakulenko -o- Schaul -o- Vaidisova -o- Mirza -o- Missing Marti & Anna K ¤
¤ Future stars: Barbat -o- Besser -o- Vaisemberg -o- Lukaszewicz -o- Rodina -o- Vermoezen -o- Curtis -o- Jolak -o- Kalashnikova -o- Kichenok Twins -o- Robson ¤
HTE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #895
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Agi vs Hantuchova tomorrow 14h00 on Eurosport.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #896
country flag iamme

iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all

yes! Come On Ági!!!! You can do it! so we will se...

Szávay Ági -the high-flying hungarian star (still) Novak Djokovic-Marat Safin

GGG only for Maria
Official rifleWOman of the Maria Maffia
iamme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #897
country flag apcuk

apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light apcuk is a glorious beacon of light

7-6 6-1
Back in autumn form
apcuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #898
country flag Noelia

Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future Noelia has a brilliant future

Great party Agnes!, to semifinales!!

Groenefeld Clijsters Cibulkova Dushevina Vesnina

Kucova
Noelia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #899
country flag Mandula

Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light Mandula is a glorious beacon of light

Szavay Stuns Weakened Hantuchova

In a 1 hour and 40 minute match, Hungary's Agnes Szavay (20) defeated Daniela Hantuchova (8) of Slovakia, who was suffering from a blister on her right hand, 7-6, 6-1. She is now through to the semifinals where she will face Elena Dementieva.

Agnes Szavay had nothing to lose today and came out swinging. By reaching the quarterfinals in Paris, she matched her career-high ranking of 19, and could even go higher if she gets past the next round. Hantuchova, on the other hand, was clearly the favorite for this match despite facing an impressive up and coming player who has turned heads all week with the way she carried herself and the pop on her groundstrokes. Hantuchova knew she was going to have to play her best tennis to avoid being swept away by the Hungarian whirlwind.

The first match scheduled on Central Court on this quarterfinals day started a few minutes late because Hantuchova had to have her sore right hand treated by the trainer. Yet, the Slovak was right on time when it came to assuming the lead. She won the first three games of the match in ten minutes after some aggressive play featuring several swinging volleys. Szavay’s low first serve percentage did help Hantuchova early on in the match. But the Hungarian continued to put her opponent under pressure from the very beginning of each point. And her attacking style found its rhythm as the match progressed. She broke Hantuchova’s serve to level the match. At 4-4, Szavay turned up the heat on her serve throwing in a series of aces and unreturnable serves. The great serving continued as the Hungarian forced a tiebreak, which saw the powerful youngster prevail. She took the set in 60 minutes.

Only ten minutes into the second set, and after receiving on-court advice from her coach, Daniela Hantuchova requested a medical time-out to treat a nasty blister on her right hand, which had also bothered her during her previous match. It was with a noticeable bandage on her hand that the right-handed Slovak resumed playing, but showed that she was still having trouble gripping her racquet properly. With Hantuchova struggling, the match swung firmly in favor of Szavay. The Hungarian reeled off a series of stunning winners after some long points and gave French fans a taste of what "Come On!" sounds like in Hungarian. Hantuchova was a worthy opponent today, but just couldn't find a way to trouble the in-form youngster, who is showing impressive on-court focus and maturity. She closed out the second set 6-1 to take the match 7-6, 6-1.

The Hungarian awaits the winner of the day's other quarterfinal between Russia's Elena Dementieva and Ukraine's Kateryna Bondarenko in the semifinals. If Szavay can maintain the form she showed today, she may very well be en route to winning her third career title here in Paris.
SZÁVAY ÁGI * MANDULA PETRA * MAROSI KATALIN * KAPROS ANIKÓ * NAGY KYRA * CZINK MELINDA * ARN GRETA * FILIPOVSKI ALEXANDRA * KIRÁLY PÁLMA * JANI RÉKA LUCA * BABOS TÍMEA * DINARA SAFINA * ANA IVANOVIC * MICHAELLA KRAJICEK * ARANTXA RUS * ANABEL MEDINA GARRIGUES * VIRGINIA RUANO PASCUAL * TAMIRA PASZEK * VANIA KING * ELENI DANIILIDOU * EMILIE LOIT * BACSINSZKI TIMEA * EMMANUELLE GAGLIARDI
Mandula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #900
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Super win Agi!!!!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for a final against Marion