SzÁvay Ágnes - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #871
country flag Peterk07

Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of
Re: SzÁvay Ágnes

She said, she played better than last week at Gold Coast, but were unable to maintain her form throughout the entire match. Her game is there, but couldn't find her serve (she hit 12 DF-s, a lot!), made a lot of UE-s, and couldn't win the key points.

She said, the highly increased public interest didn't help her to focus on tennis, and the situation is still quite new to her. She used to play in the shadow before, and could only focus on tennis, while now she can't hide, she has calls by calls from media people, etc. She said she has been told about it, and she tried to prepare for the increasing attention, but it seems this is not something one can prepare, but has to be experienced and get used to it. Finally she said, she of course disappointed, but focusing on the next appearance.

Well, I don't see big problem here. Her form is shaky, but that's acceptable of a young girl, who's just recovered from an injury, and haven't played for more than 3 months. Looking at Makarova's performace, it seems she has picked a girl who is playing her best ever tennis, way better than her ranking indicates. Agi had a close 3 set match against her, didn't choke, fought back twice into the match, and lost only by a tiny margin at the end. That not how players use to collapse.

She is mentally strong. She has already proved this in 2006, when she went through a big dropback. Not knowing she was ill (she had mononucleosis) she kept playing, and of course losses came by losses. She still kept working and didn't loose faith. Finally doctors found her illness, she recovered, and here she is now.

So I expect to see a very good Agi soon.
Peterk07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2008, 04:37 PM   #872
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Great post, thanks a lot .

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #873
country flag dulkogii

dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future

Fantastic post!! Thanks for the information]!
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 01:25 AM   #874
country flag Peterk07

Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of

Agnes won against Karina Ildor Jacobsgaard (60 63), a danish girl today playing for the Hungarian team at Fed Cup. She also won the doubles with Greta Arn (def Dyrberg/Jacobsgaard 62 62).

Albeit not the strongest opponent, this was her first victory of the year, so congrats Agi !

p.s.:
A few of us watched the game live and we noticed that she has put some weight on. I wouldn't say it's fat, but she is definitely a little "thicker". I'm not sure. Maybe it just optical illusion, because I've seen her in Melbourne and didn't notice any changes back then.
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 04:22 PM   #875
clonesheep

clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future clonesheep has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterk07 View Post
p.s.:
A few of us watched the game live and we noticed that she has put some weight on. I wouldn't say it's fat, but she is definitely a little "thicker". I'm not sure. Maybe it just optical illusion, because I've seen her in Melbourne and didn't notice any changes back then.
I am worried that she will go the route of Anna-Lena Groenefeld or Daniela Hantuchova. After tasting an initial success they had too much pressure on themselves that ended up almost destroy them. I hope Daniela can give her some advice.
clonesheep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 01:20 AM   #876
country flag seltorin

seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonesheep View Post
I am worried that she will go the route of Anna-Lena Groenefeld or Daniela Hantuchova. After tasting an initial success they had too much pressure on themselves that ended up almost destroy them. I hope Daniela can give her some advice.
You don't have to worry.
Ági was much better than in the first round.

Agnes Szavay d. Katie O'Brien 61 62
Arn/Szavay d. Baltacha/South 62 62

And she is looking good.
http://forum.szavay-blog.com/download.php?id=585
seltorin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 07:27 PM   #877
country flag Peterk07

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltorin View Post
You don't have to worry.
Ági was much better than in the first round.
OMG, we both have the same avatar.

Párbajozzunk, és a győztes viszi a képet?

Anyway, I think this is no problem. She looks gorgeous on this photo, so let's just make people see her more.
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 07:30 PM   #878
country flag Peterk07

Btw, she defeated Dia Evtimova 6:0 6:0 today. Thanks God, her hip seems OK.
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 10:40 PM   #879
country flag seltorin

seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all seltorin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterk07 View Post
OMG, we both have the same avatar.
If you watch the avatars carefully, you will see the difference.
seltorin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:07 AM   #880
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Good results for Agi during this FedCup, it should help her to find the confidence that will make her win in Paris . I can't believe that last year, she had to get a QWC to play there & now she is even seeded!

Good luck Agnes!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 09:06 PM   #881
country flag Szvikki

Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice Szvikki is just really nice

Check my photoes from the Fed Cup:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10323248@N04/tags/szavay/
Szvikki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #882
country flag JeLeNaJfAn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of JeLeNaJfAn has much to be proud of

Eurosport will show Agnes at 2 o´clock MEZ tomorrow!

ANGELIQUE KERBER
JeLeNaJfAn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #883
country flag iamme

iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all

Great! Thanks for the information.Is it sure that she will be shown?

Szávay Ági -the high-flying hungarian star (still) Novak Djokovic-Marat Safin

GGG only for Maria
Official rifleWOman of the Maria Maffia
iamme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #884
country flag Peterk07

Nothing sure about Eurosport's schedule. But according their program guide they'll show tennis from 2pm to 3.30pm. Since afternoon session starts with Agnes's match, we have a good chance to see her.
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 09:42 AM   #885
country flag iamme

iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all iamme is a name known to all

hehe yeah. You're right. We can never know...
But yes I saw the schedule now. So I hope it will be ok. előre is. HAjrá Ági!

Szávay Ági -the high-flying hungarian star (still) Novak Djokovic-Marat Safin

GGG only for Maria
Official rifleWOman of the Maria Maffia
iamme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote