Ana Paula Neffa de los Ríos (+Rossana) - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 11th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #3121
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rossana de los Ríos 2010 Cheering Thread!

Thanks for posting! I printed out the article to read later tonight .

"Let's co-join this into Ana Paula's cheering thread once she starts playing matches" << Great idea Ben!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #3122
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Thanks for posting! I printed out the article to read later tonight .

"Let's co-join this into Ana Paula's cheering thread once she starts playing matches" << Great idea Ben!
It's a good read, Heath! I told her that the article moved me, she seemed delighted Ana Paula played last week in the Under 14s Asuncion Bowl, she won her first round 6-2 6-3 but lost 6-3 6-0 to a seed. But her first win It's all new to her, step by step i'm sure she will develop her apparent talent.
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #3123
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Ana played this week in the G4 Junior event in Delray Beach, Florida.

These were her results in the Qualifying draw:

First Round: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) defeated Jordan RUCKS (USA) 6-3 6-2
Second Round: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) defeated Michelle BERTOLINI (VEN) (3) 6-1 6-1
Third Round: Savannah DURKIN (USA) defeated Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-3 6-4

Savannah Durkin pushed the #1 seed in the 1R to 7-6 6-3, so if that's anything to go by, Ana is making some good first steps.

Good to see her getting some wins! Keep going, Ana
Old May 28th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #3124

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rossana de los Ríos/Ana Paula Neffa!

^^ Nice! She upset the #3 seed in R2 Was this her 2nd tourney ? I'm not too familiar with juniors other than the slams and big Orange Bowl type touneys Would a G4 be a lower level tourney and a G1 a higher level tourney ?
Old May 29th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #3125
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
^^ Nice! She upset the #3 seed in R2 Was this her 2nd tourney ? I'm not too familiar with juniors other than the slams and big Orange Bowl type touneys Would a G4 be a lower level tourney and a G1 a higher level tourney ?
In Juniors, you have GA tournaments (Grand Slams and tournaments such as the Orange Bowl), then GB1 (closed continental tournaments), then G1, G2, G3, G4 and finally G5. G5 would be the equivalent of, let's say, a $10K.

Her results are not bad for a 14yo, but they're also not impressive. She still has a long, long way to go. Having a former pro mom and having spent a lifetime in the Tour, knowing what it gets like, will probably help, though.
Tripp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #3126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
In Juniors, you have GA tournaments (Grand Slams and tournaments such as the Orange Bowl), then GB1 (closed continental tournaments), then G1, G2, G3, G4 and finally G5. G5 would be the equivalent of, let's say, a $10K.

Her results are not bad for a 14yo, but they're also not impressive. She still has a long, long way to go. Having a former pro mom and having spent a lifetime in the Tour, knowing what it gets like, will probably help, though.
Thanks for the info
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #3127
country flag Le Tenisse

Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold Le Tenisse is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
I agree, but i also think it´s impressive enough to play U18 at fourteen and still win a couple of matches.
Le Tenisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #3128
country flag Hayato

El Ombú Internacional Cup 2011, Cordoba, Argentina
1R: Anna Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Maria Trinidad MERDENI (ARG) 6-1 6-0
2R: Candelaria SEDANO-ACOSTA (ITA/7) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-1 6-4

El Sauce Cup, Cordoba, Argentina

1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Florencia MAGNI (ARG) 6-2 2-6 6-4
2R: Sofia BLANCO (ARG/2) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-1 6-2

6th Paraguay Junior Open 2011, Luque, Paraguay

1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) vs. TBA

These girls are all 2-3 years older than Ana, so it's impressive that she can win matches at this level at all. I'm sure she'll make a breakthrough soon!
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #3129
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

she is doing better that i thought
she will have ranking soon i guess,impressive for her age

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...DUARTE... PODOROSKA...
...PELLA...VEGA...

Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #3130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoma View Post
El Ombú Internacional Cup 2011, Cordoba, Argentina
1R: Anna Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Maria Trinidad MERDENI (ARG) 6-1 6-0
2R: Candelaria SEDANO-ACOSTA (ITA/7) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-1 6-4

El Sauce Cup, Cordoba, Argentina

1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Florencia MAGNI (ARG) 6-2 2-6 6-4
2R: Sofia BLANCO (ARG/2) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-1 6-2

6th Paraguay Junior Open 2011, Luque, Paraguay

1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) vs. TBA

These girls are all 2-3 years older than Ana, so it's impressive that she can win matches at this level at all. I'm sure she'll make a breakthrough soon!
Very nice I'm very happy to her getting in some significant match play aswell as scalping some wins
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #3131
country flag Hayato

More results from 2011:

6th Paraguay Junior Open 2011, Luque, Paraguay (July 11, G5)
1R: Carolina COSTAMANGA (CHI) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 7-5 6-2

6th Mburucuya Bowl, Lambare, Paraguay (July 18, G5)
1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) - Bye
2R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Maria Vitoria BEIRAO (BRA) 7-5 6-3
QF: Astrid Maria GEHRE BOETTNER (PAR) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 7-6(3) 6-2

IV Copa Mangu, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (September 26, G5)
1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Karina ROVIRA (USA) 6-3 6-0
2R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Michelle Marie VALDEZ (DOM) 2-6 6-3 7-5
QF: Kandis LEGALL (USA) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 7-6(3) 6-2

South Carolina ITF, Lexington, United States (October 31, G4)
1R: Yuki Kristina CHIANG (USA) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-1 6-1

Patuju Junior Open, Santa Cruz, Bolivia (November 7, G5)
1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Ericka Roxana RIVERO (BOL) 6-1 6-3
2R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Maria Emilia BUJAN (ARG) 6-3 6-1
QF: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Nabila FARAH (BOL) 6-3 6-1
SF: Maria Fernanda HERAZO GONZALEZ (COL) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-0 6-0

Peru Junior Open, Lima, Peru (November 14, G5)
1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Cory Pierina MOLINA CHENET (PER) 6-2 6-2
2R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Patricia PANTA (PER) 1-6 6-1 6-2
QF: Ximena SILES LUNA (PER) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-4 6-1

Copa Dunlop, Guayaquil, Ecuador (November 21, G5)
1R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Salma CABRERA (COL) 6-1 6-3
2R: Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) def. Maria ZUBKOVA (RUS) 6-4 6-4
QF: Andreea GHITESCU (ROU) def. Ana Paula NEFFA DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 6-7(4) 6-4 6-1

Nice to see her getting some more wins in the second half of the year. Remember, all these girls are 2-3 years older, and Ana is still only 14! She'll turn 15 on January 17th. Does this mean she'll be eligible for more tournaments? Her current junior world ranking is 588. Keep it going in 2012, Ana
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #3132

Thanks for all the updates Ben I think it's great she's been getting in so much match play. Hopefully she'll be able to play some larger tourneys in 2012. I'm really not sure what the tourney rules are for junior players
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #3133
country flag Hayato

Found a jewel here From Roland Garros 2001, you can see the last point when she beat Monica Seles. Beautiful! Sorry the interview is in Spanish. Ana Paula is so sweet here!

I miss her
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:53 AM   #3134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayato View Post

Found a jewel here From Roland Garros 2001, you can see the last point when she beat Monica Seles. Beautiful! Sorry the interview is in Spanish. Ana Paula is so sweet here!

I miss her

Seems cute, but I need a translator Any news on Ana's latest JR results ?
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #3135
country flag Hayato

Well, I think we all noticed (unexpectedly) that Ana qualified for the main draw $10K match this week very easily!
Unfortunately she lost to the top seed Patricia Ku-Flores, 6-2 6-3. That's still a respectable scoreline, I think!

Just noticed that back in July, Ana Paula played her cousin(?) Angeles De Los Rios in the SF of a G5 event in Paraguay, where Angeles won 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5). Must have been an exciting all family affair! Apparently it lasted 4 hours. Look at the influence Rossana must have had on her family. Just shows what kind a of player she was. Anyway, Ana Paula won her first ever event last month in Cali, Colombia. A G4 event without the loss of a set!

Great to see her developing well on the junior circuit and even appearing on the satellites already. Keep it up!

Last edited by Hayato : Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.