Ana Paula Neffa de los Ríos (+Rossana) - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 12:25 AM   #2386
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rossana de los Ríos 2009 Cheering Thread!

Alight Rossana fans! Our almost 2 week break is over . I assume Rossana will be playing in the smaller WTA clay court events in Feb along with the following ITF tourney. Ben, your gonna love this!

$50,000 Cali (COL) 2009 | Feb 09 (Entry List)

This will be an important time for Rossana as she needs to keep her
ranking up so she won't have to try and qualify for Wimby and the French this year .
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 04:23 AM   #2387
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Alight Rossana fans! Our almost 2 week break is over . I assume Rossana will be playing in the smaller WTA clay court events in Feb along with the following ITF tourney. Ben, your gonna love this!

$50,000 Cali (COL) 2009 | Feb 09 (Entry List)

This will be an important time for Rossana as she needs to keep her
ranking up so she won't have to try and qualify for Wimby and the French this year .
Thanks Heath!!

Indeed, this is a pretty important time for Rossana's ranking now. She needs some wins to stay in the top 100 and more importantly, like you said, have a main draw spot for RG and Wimbledon!

So she'll play
Fed Cup - Feb 04
$50,000 Cali - Feb 09
Bogota - Feb 16
Acapulco - Feb 23

Nice choices. She has a little to defend at Bogota but only one point at Acapulco. She just needs one good win against a formidable opponent and then i'm sure we will see her winning more frequently.

She's also the team captain for Paraguay again. Her opponents this week in Montreal could be Sequera, Wozniak, Russell, Segnini, Duque-Marino and/or Roland-Rosario. Let's hope those last 4 will be in Paraguay's group! However, RoRo has beaten Wozniak before! If we're lucky, we might just be able to watch her play live at www.tenniscanada.com.

This week hopefully Rossana can score her first formidable win of the year
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM   #2388
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Paraguay were placed in the Pool with Brazil and Colombia. This is a shame because Paraguay would easily have beaten Puerto Rico and Bahamas but they're in the other group.

So anyway it looks like Rossana will play against Segnini and Duque-Marino. Both she can win against!! I would love to see her match with Mariana
I think Paraguay has a chance at beating Brazil but I think Colombia will be a bit too much. We will see. Maybe the first match starts in 24 hours
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:04 PM   #2389
spotsyboy

spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of

Let's get some good wins in, Rossana! Then you can go play on clay!
VAMOS!!!
spotsyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #2390
country flag Hayato

The live webcast is here:
www.tenniscanada.com/fedcup

Rossana should be on court and we can watch her match with Segnini!!! Fingers crossed!! I have NEVER seen her play a match like this live, only against top players where she can't really play her normal game.
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #2391
country flag Hayato

Rossana is on court now! She looks great!
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #2392

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Rossana won her match today 6/1 2/6 6/2 over Segnini !
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 01:50 AM   #2393
country flag Hayato

Paraguay lead Brazil 2-0

Rossana won 6-1 2-6 6-2 over Segnini She was in a lot of trouble though after being 6-1 2-0 up and was wiping the floor with the 19-year-old Brazilian. Luckily she brought an end to the 7 game losing streak and only lost 1 more game from then onward. Nice work Rossana The thing that went wrong was she was too passive for the entire second set and hit one too many balls into the net, which allowed Segnini to take control. She regained it though with some more consistent, deep play.

Paraguay through to the Semifinals! So they'll play Colombia on Friday. Rossana will play probably Mariana Duque Marino. A mouthwatering match for me! Rossana won 6-0 6-3 in Albuquerque towards the end of last year. Otherwise, Rossana might play Catalina Castano who she beat 4-6 7-6 6-3 a number of years ago.

Needless to say Colombia will be a tougher task and if Paraguay were to win I think Rossana would have to win both the doubles and her singles.

Nice work today!
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #2394

Thumbs up Re: Rossana de los Ríos 2009 Cheering Thread!

Nice write up Ben . I loved watching Rossana play today. She played a very smart 3rd set.

I'll be watching on Friday!
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 06:07 AM   #2395
country flag Hayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Nice write up Ben . I loved watching Rossana play today. She played a very smart 3rd set.

I'll be watching on Friday!
Thanks man! I enjoyed watching it too, very much so. There seemed to be a great atmosphere around! I'm sure it had something to do with being Fed Cup. I don't think any of us have ever seen her play a Fed Cup match before.

Paraguay won 2-1, they lost the dead rubber but it doesn't matter.
Roxane Vaisemberg/Maria Fernanda Alves (BRA) def. Veronica Cepede Royg/ Rossana De Los Rios (PAR) 6-2, 3-6, 6-3

"In Fed Cup, the matches are different because you are playing for your country," de los Rios said. "You never know here because the players are good and they're coming here to win, so you have to play your best."

“It was a quick first set and she played much better in the second, so I tried to put more topspin on my shots and I think that helped me win in the third set.”

"I was playing with a lot of confidence in the first set, but in the second set I was up 2-0 and she started to play better, but she also began hitting a lot of lines and making some lucky shots ( ) ," de los Rios said. "In the third I made some changes and started putting more topspin on my balls, and it worked."
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 02:17 AM   #2396
spotsyboy

spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of

Great job, Rossana. I think it's an advantage that she's playing these South American girls on hard courts, actually.
Colombia will be tricky but...I think she can pull of this win for Paraguay
VAMOS!
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 04:54 AM   #2397
country flag Hayato

Yeah, Colombia will be tricky! Rossana will play Mariana Duque-Marino who is still looking for her first win of the year. Today she lost to Segnini 6-2 6-3 who Rossana beat yesterday. And RoRo beat Mariana 6-0 6-3 a few months ago on the same surface so i'd say Rossana should win!

Photos from her singles match against Segnini yesterday Courtesy of Charles-David!

Old Feb 7th, 2009, 01:01 AM   #2398
spotsyboy

Rossana! Looking as good as ever!
I hope Veronicas win spurs on Rossana to win her match!
VAMOS!!
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #2399
country flag Hayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotsyboy View Post
Rossana! Looking as good as ever!
I hope Veronicas win spurs on Rossana to win her match!
VAMOS!!
And she won!! 7-6(4) 7-5 Nice to see her win back to back matches for the first time this year!
This is what she said after the win: "I was lucky, because it was so tight. In the first match, Veronica is a junior and she played really well - that was a big win. I know everyone on their (the Canadian) team from the tour, but we'll do our best and just keep thinking about our goal."

After Paraguay beat Brazil on Wednesday, Rossana and Veronica were already making headlines in the most important Paraguayan newspapers:

I'm sure we will have more articles coming following today's upset win!

Tomorrow she'll play Aleksandra Wozniak, a must win match I think. It should be good, the #1 and #2 ranked players competing in the event. Remember in 2006 Rossana beat her 7-6 6-2 after Wozniak had just won a challenger, and Aleks has lost 6 games to unranked players this week so you never know! Big occasions can do strange things to players. Good luck Rossana!!!
I will be getting up at 6 AM to watch it live
here: http://www.tenniscanada.com/fedcup/eng/default.asp
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #2400
country flag Hayato

Cepede/De Los Rios def. Castano/Duque Marino 6-0 6-3

Oh, it would be so amazing if Paraguay could win tomorrow and advance to the World Group Play-Offs. That would show everyone. I know the chances are so small, but I can dream a little.