Ana Paula Neffa de los Ríos (+Rossana) - Page 110 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM   #1636
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2008 Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Hey Ben, do you know when the French Open rankings cut off date is. I think its right after Amelia Island or Charleston .
Good question Heath, I don't know for sure either. But yeah last year it was after Charleston so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same this year? So probably Charleston...she has a great shot of making the main draw!!! omg, the last time she directly made a MD of a slam it was Wimbledon '03, when she lost in that infamous match to Clijsters.
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2008, 11:21 PM   #1637
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranadalara View Post
Hear Hear Heath Yeah she got 10 points- i'm pretty sure it's the same as Indian Wells. It would be so good if she could qualify...this is a decent draw and she has a good shot. If she wins tomorrow I think she will pick up another 6 points?...which could make her equal with #100 but that's not including other players ranked around there who might win.

VAMOS MAÑANA ROSSANA!
Yes! There are some very nice quali spots in the MD . With a 1st rd win she would definetly leap well inside the top 100 .
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #1638
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes! There are some very nice quali spots in the MD . With a 1st rd win she would definetly leap well inside the top 100 .
Yeah, let's hope so. We've been very patient for her to get back inside the top 100, and so has she. What a better place to do it than the city she lives in.

Sorry I read the live scores thread wrong thinking "Tammy" was Tanasugarn when it was Hendler Tanasugarn won easily 6-2 6-3 over Fitzpatrick, so it might be tougher than I originally thought but we all know Rossana can do it and we all believe in her!
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:25 AM   #1639

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2008 Cheering Thread!

Its ok, i have mixed up players worse than that I still like Rossanas chanced against Tammy. Now if it was grass then RoRo would def. be the underdog . I also like her chances if the match goes to 3 sets as Tammys fitness isn't what it use to be .
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #1640
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rossana
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #1641
country flag Hayato

Quote:
Its ok, i have mixed up players worse than that I still like Rossanas chanced against Tammy. Now if it was grass then RoRo would def. be the underdog . I also like her chances if the match goes to 3 sets as Tammys fitness isn't what it use to be .
LOL i just read your rep Heath Thanks. Well yeah I remember once I thought Rossana lost to Amy Dillingham when it was Susanna Lingman and you had to tell me Lingman wasn't the bagel girl Yeah that's true about Tammy's fitness but RoRo has only won 1/6 three set matches this year She's lost to Cibulkova, Bachmann, Pereira, Parmentier and Jozami in 3 sets this year after winning the first set in all of them. On the positive note, she's only lost 4 matches in straight sets this year. Anyway let's not talk about losing, because tomorrow Rossana is gonna have a terrific day and hopefully qualify for the main draw!! Buena suerte Rossanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farina Elia Fan View Post
Well done Rossana
It must've been a tough match to see the result of, Geraint
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #1642
spotsyboy

spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of

de los Rios d. Tanasugarn 6-4,7-6

Another scrappy win - apparently Rossana was down 1-5 in the second set and 1-4 in the tiebreak so she really must have steeled her nerves to pull out the win today! I'm so proud of her!!!

Now as for the main draw I checked out some of the qualifying spots and I think she can get a first round win over Kanepi, Meusburger or Govortsova...in fact I think Olga maybe the best first match she could get given Nicole's current form (potential Round 2) but any of those three should be easy wins for her (I hope!)

Let's all cheer her onto a first round win!!!

VAMOS!!!!
spotsyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #1643
country flag Hayato

Great post spotsyboy!! (btw what's your name? )

WOWWW i seriously can't believe she won this in two sets- I can't even remember the last time she came back in a set so spectacularly before, and then in the tiebreak- 4/4 tiebreaks won this year!

She qualified for a Tier I! Just 2 years ago she lost in prequalifying for this tournament.

I think her ranking will now be #102 or #101. Agonisingly close! Yeah I think those names would be good too spotsyboy, but Kanepi i think would be pretty tough. Shaughnessy could be OK, maybe Dechy would be too, and it would be good if Rossana could get some much needed revenge on her tight losses to Dubois in the challengers over the years. Rezai and Pin are not that dangerous at the moment, Rossana could have a chance against them too. Let's just hope for the best and see what happens!

I'm so happy. What a great day for de los Rios fans
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #1644

Thumbs up Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2008 Cheering Thread!

WHAT AN AMAZING FIGHT AND WIN!!! I really hope she gets a nice 1st rd draw when the Qualifiers are placed later today
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #1645
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #1646
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #1647
spotsyboy

spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of

The qualifiers ARE placed....

R1: de los Rios v. Meusburger!!!!!!!

Yvonne has had a terrible season so far, I don't think Rossana will have ANY problem with her at all. And looking at the draw here's who she'd meet next...

Srebotnik... then....
Bartoli...then...
Venus!

Katerina hasn't had a lot of match practice and Rossana will have had 3 wins in a row (if she beats Meusburger!) so if there were ever a chance...
And if she makes it to Marion I think Rossana could theoretically run her around the court too......As for Venus, well......it's hard to tell until she starts serving the ball If Rossana manages to make it that far, who knows WHAT will happen....

As it stands, she has an excellent chance to win the first match and more importantly, get those ranking points! As long as she stays uninjured, Rossana has essentially clinched a spot in the FO main draw!!!!!!!

How exciting for her and her fans!!!!

VAMOS!!!
spotsyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #1648
Team WTAworld

great draw
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #1649
country flag Hayato

OMG Meusburger, nice draw for her!!
Wow yeah Srebotnik wouldn't be bad at all, I mean she played her in Cincinatti 1R 2007 and was serving for the second set against her but lost 63 76, and then Srebotnik went on to make the final.

What a day She should be very happy with her draw. If she makes the 4th Round or even the 3rd Round this week, I just don't know what i'll do Anyone got any dares?

Yes this is so exciting, thanks for the updates spotsyboy

QUE VIVA ROSSANA! Good luck I hope her match with Yvonne is on at a decent time so we can watch her and support her
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #1650
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Better take it one match at a time, Srebotnik almost beat world #1 on the same surface, so I dont see any chance for Rossana for the moment.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote