Sania Mirza's place - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 01:31 AM   #16
country flag Sabatinifan

Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all
http://www.hindustantimes.com/wfsf/h...igh1212845.jpg
sania photo
Sabatinifan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:50 AM   #17
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Sania Mirza gets big reception:

<FONT size=2>
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #18
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Sania Mirza gets another wild card

Press Trust of India

Hyderabad, January 27, 2005|16:51 IST

Teen tennis prodigy Sania Mirza has been given a wild card for the WTA Hyderabad Open beginning on February 7.

Sania made history in the Australian Open last week, making it to the third round of the season-opening Grand Slam before losing to world number seven Serena Williams.

Sania called on Chief minister YS Rajsekhar Reddy in his office.

Reddy congratulated her and said "we are proud of you as you have put the name of our state on world tennis circuit".

State Tourism Minister J Geetha Reddy described Sania as the 'ambassador of the state' and face of the 'girl child' of the state and said the government was committed to encourage sports.

Honoured by all the felicitation, Sania said: "I'm thankful to the state government, coaches, sponsors, parents and God for being what I'm today."

Sania also thanked her sponsors, GVK Industries. "It was a great thing to happen as they have been taking care of me ever since I was 13 years and was a nobody."

Describing her Australian Open experience as a dream that has come true, Sania recalled the third round match, which she lost to Serena Williams.

"May be that will be a next time," she said amidst laughter and the Chief Minister promptly saying "why not. In the next two years you must be beating Serena."

On her ankle injury Sania said "there was a swelling on the bone and it should be fine in one week's time."

Krishna Bhupathi of Globosport, who was also present on the occasion, said "now Sania is a star and organisers will be happy to list her in more and more tournaments."
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #19
country flag Bероника

Sania Mirza returns home

Thursday, January 27, 2005 (Hyderabad):

Chief Minister Y S R Rajasekhara Reddy has described tennis star Sania Mirza as Andhra Pradesh's daughter.

Sania returned to Hyderabad today to a welcome, reserved only for champions.

But with the kind of fight she had given Serena Williams, Sania had just given everyone an indication of things to come.

Reddy who had watched the Sania-Serena clash, publicly acknowledged that he was a Sania fan as well. "In the next one or two opportunities, you will beat Serena also,'' he said.

Coach happy

The manner in which Sania took on Serena impressed even her coach Bob Brett, considered among the best in the world.

He told Sania that she has a forehand good enough to challenge the very best. And he will now nominate a travelling coach for this bright Indian hope.

"Before I went, I had said I want to be in the top 100 by the end of the year. Now I want to be in the top 50. I want to test myself,'' says Sania.

Popular vote

But Sania did not seem too pleased with the kind of attention that had made her the number two in popularity rankings at the Australian Open, just behind Maria Sharapova.

"I was quite shocked myself. It is a totally different thing and I am not here to show what I am wearing. I was not modelling out there. I was there to play tennis and that is what I did,'' adds Sania.

Sania is recovering from an ankle injury and is taking advice from Andrew Leipus, the former Indian cricket team physio.

She hopes to be fit in time for the Hyderabad WTA Open, which starts February 7. And just like in Melbourne, Sania will have the crowd rooting for her.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #20
country flag balikeena

balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough balikeena is a jewel in the rough
Sania's Cute Pictures

Great info on Sania, Veronika. Here's a great collection of Sania's pictures:
http://www.indialens.com/sania.htm
http://geocities.com/saniamirz
http://www.indialens.com/sania.htm
balikeena is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #21
country flag gvhvhg

gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice gvhvhg is just really nice
Sania is gonna win it all in Hyderabad!

PAW ATP GRAND SLAM RECORD:
Australian Open 2005-SF
gvhvhg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #22
country flag Bероника

Tennis: Sania, Shikha take to court in Hyderabad
TS Sudhir

Watch story

Sunday, February 6, 2005 (Hyderabad):

A day ahead of the Hyderabad WTA Open India's best women tennis players came together for a jugalbandi on court.

Sania Mirza, who is now ranked 132 in the world, spent a good 90 minutes on court on Saturday battling Shikha Uberoi. The practice session would have continued for some more time but for the floodlights failing.

"Pressures are always there. Every match you play, pressures are always there. I do not remember playing a match without pressures. It is much more now," said Sania Mirza, Junior Wimbledon Doubles Champ.

Emotional tournament

For Shikha, the Hyderabad Open is special for a very emotional reason.

This is the first time Shikha, who is based in the US, will be playing in Indian colours. No wonder, she wants to make the Hyderabad Open week her own.

"Physically, I would not be feeling much because I would still be playing tennis. But mentally and emotionally, I would be feeling lot more pride and motivation and hope to inspire more tennis players, especially girls all over India," said Shikha Uberoi, tennis player.

With her ankle not 100 per cent alright, Sania will be on painkillers while playing the Open.

Premier tournament

Both she and Shikha figure in the main draw and will hope to garner some crucial points to move up the ranks.

The Indian line-up at Hyderabad reveals one thing. That Hyderabad Open is not the adolescent tournament it was two years back.

In its third edition, it has become India's premier tournament for women to show their class on the international stage.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #23
country flag Bероника

Old Feb 8th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #24
country flag Bероника

Sania Will B Playing With Pain-Killers in Hyderabad Open

Sania Will B Playing With Pain-Killers in Hyderabad Open

India’s teenage duo of Sania Mirza and Shikha Uberoi advanced to the second round of the doubles event in the USD 140,000 WTA Tour Hyderabad Open. Sania and Shikha defeated the Chinese pair of Chin-Wei Chan and Na Li 6-4, 7-5 at the SAAP tennis complex. Earlier, wild-card entrant Shahar Peer of Israel caused the tournament’s first major upset in the singles category, defeating third seed Tatiana Panova of Russia 6-3, 7-6 (7-2).

Sania Mirza and Shikha Uberoi kept the Indian flag flying with a thumping first round doubles win while Ankita Bhambri became the first Indian casualty at the $140,000 WTA Tour Hyderabad Open on Monday. After Ankita’s singles loss to Alyona Bondarenko of Ukraine 3-6, 2-6, Sania and Shikha brought smiles back on Indian faces by downing the Chinese pair of Chin-Wei Chan and Na Li 6-4, 7-5 in a pulsating match.

The Indian pair service broken in the third game, recovered to break back the service of their opponents in the fourth and tenth game to win the first set at 6-4. Sania and Shikha duo raced to a comfortable 3-0 lead in the second set, breaking the rivals’ serve in the second game. The 18-year-old said she had been looking forward to this event for a “very long time” and was keen to showcase her skills in her home city even as top women players of tennis world have assembled for the event.

I am much better. My ankle is 60 per cent healed. I will be playing with pain-killers as I want to give 100 per cent and I don’t want to play bearing the pain. I want to give 200 per cent here. At the Australian Open, the pain was lot,” said Sania, who became the first Indian woman to reach the third round of any Grand Slam event. Asked if she is not worried that her ankle injury would get aggravated, Sania said sometimes one needs to take risks."I am keen to play in Hyderabad,” said Sania.

Currently ranked 132 in the world after losing to Serena Williams in third round of the Australian Open, Sania is slated to take on Delia Sescioreanu of Poland in the first round of the singles event. I have not heard of her,” she said, when asked about her opponent. If she clears the first hurdle, Sania is set to meet fourth seed Jie Zheng of China in the second round. In the doubles, Sania will play to defend her title, this time in the company of Shikha Uberoi. Sania, who is bound to enliven the Hyderabad courts, is not resting on her laurels.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #25
country flag Missing_Hingis

Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice Missing_Hingis is just really nice
Sh beat Delia, 6-2 7-5, but her partner Shakira lost to Czink in 3 sets.
Missing_Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #26
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Sania won again
beating Jie Zheng 61 26 63

Sania in QF
good luck vs Obziler tomorrow

"Sania Mania" rocking now
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #27
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
well done sania, good luck against obziler!

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #28
country flag Bероника

Indian tennis player Sania Mirza (L) shakes hands with Israeli opponent Tzipora Obziler after defeating her at the WTA Hyderabad Tennis tournament in Hyderabad, 10 February 2005. Mirza defeated Obziler, ranked 115 in the world, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 after a tie break
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 03:30 PM   #29
country flag Bероника

Sania in SF after a tough fight!!!

GO SANIA!!!
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 09:35 PM   #30
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
great fighting from Sania
hope her ankles can stand up to the strain

go Sania
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread