15 yo Viet-Ha Ngo from Vietnam to get WTA ranking after US Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2005, 07:01 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
15 yo Viet-Ha Ngo from Vietnam to get WTA ranking after US Open

After qualifying in a $10K event in Mollerussa, Spain this week Viet-Ha who just turned 15 last month will be the first Vietnamite ranked player ever.

She's currently training in Top Team Academy in Barcelona run by Lluís Bruguera, father of former French Open champion Sergi Bruguera and with top players training there like María Antonia Sánchez Lorenzo and Arantxa Parra Santonja.

And I must say I took lessons there many years ago

Last edited by spiceboy : Feb 24th, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2005, 07:09 PM   #2
country flag chewy

chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold chewy is a splendid one to behold
well done Viet-Ha Ngo!

new blood for asian tennis!
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 01:08 PM   #3
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 01:14 PM   #4
country flag Pengwin

Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute Pengwin has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, amazing
Pengwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 03:23 PM   #5
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
It's great to see a Vietnamese player develop her game abroad. Any idea as to how much potential she has?
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 04:53 PM   #6
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
Is she any good? Any potential??
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 05:07 PM   #7
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't seen her play yet but I'll ask María or Arantxa, they might know...
Old Sep 17th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #8
country flag spiceboy

Viet-Ha Ngo officially entered WTA rankings this week at #1284 with 2.50 points in 3 tournaments.

Viet played a Grade 5 junior tournament last week in Spain reaching the semifinals seeded #6 only losing against eventual winner Eugenia Yordanova 64 64
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #9
country flag spiceboy

http://www.nhandan.com.vn/english/sport/141005/ngo.htm

Ngo Viet Ha – new emerging star of Vietnamese tennis

For many Vietnamese tennis spectators, Viet Ha has not been as famous as Mai Huynh, Kim Loi and Thuy Dung. However, the 15-year-old player has proven her ability as a new emerging star of Vietnamese tennis after competing in some tournament with excellent groundstrokes and net strokes, but more importantly a mental side of a professional. Huy Tien from Ho Chi Minh City Sports newspaper writes.
Going with her family to Russia at the age of two, Viet Ha suffered cough and nose diseases due to different climatic conditions. At the age of seven, Ha no longer suffered from the diseases, but she was very thin. She has had a great passion for tennis since being taken to a tennis court by her uncle, Ngo Tien Dung. Despite her physical form disadvantages, Viet Ha proved her good ability for the sport. Her first trainer was Preabrazenskaya, who trained famous Russian players, Anna Kournikova and Panova, in the Spartak club in Moscow. The trainer taught Ha with basic skills as a tennis player. At the age of 12, the Vietnamese player won the under-12 tournament in Russia in 2002. Two years later, Viet Ha won the under-16 ETA in Saint Peterburg. Many Russian trainers and experts advised Viet Ha’s parents to send her to other countries for training. For her future, Viet Ha and her mother moved to Spain for Viet Ha to join the Bruguera Tennis Academy. Her father, Mr Trung, stayed in Russia to earn money to afford Viet Ha’s living and training in Spain.

In Spain, Viet Ha has trained hard while studying in Grade 10. During summer, she has four hours per day to train tennis skills plus two hours for fitness training. Viet Ha has been trained with tactics and movement techniques for professional games. Last year, she joined five official tournaments, in three of which she qualified for official rounds. Despite her failure, experts highly appreciated Viet Ha’s skills and techniques. She has become the Vietnamese players in the world standings, ranking 1281st.

Returing home to compete at the national championship, Viet Ha showed her good capability. She has qualified for the semi-finals after beating national team’s member Nguyen Thuy Dan from Ho Chi Minh City 6-1 and 6-0. She next plays Kim Loi from Khanh Hoa. In addition, Viet Ha has succeeded in the women’s doubles after cruising through to the semi-finals with her partner Thuy Dung.

After the championship, Viet Ha will return to Spain to continue her training at the Bruguera Academy.

Her father, Ngo Viet Trung, said that her family would try to afford Viet Ha to finish her secondary education in Spain, so she would have between two and three years for training at the Bruguera Academy.

At the age of 15, Viet Ha, who can speak three languages, English, Spanish and Russian, has a promising future.

Huy Tien

HCM City Sports newspaper

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #10
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Thanks for the interesting article.

I wonder why her family went to Russia in the 1st place?
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 04:16 AM   #11
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
good luck!
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #12
country flag Rising Sun

Viet-Ha won her SF, and will play Vietnam's top player, Huynh Mai-Huynh in the final. Should be an interesting match.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #13
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by danker
Thanks for the interesting article.

I wonder why her family went to Russia in the 1st place?
Her first name 'Viet Nga' means 'Vietnam Russia' .

I believe she has some family or ties in Russia.
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 04:07 AM   #14
country flag georgekuo1017

georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of georgekuo1017 has much to be proud of
good luck
georgekuo1017 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 04:22 AM   #15
country flag Nochi

Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold
good luck Vietnamese!!

3 Single Title
2006 : Bali , Luxembourg
2007 : Portugal
10 Double Titles
2005 : Stanford , US Open
2006 : Pattaya,Dubai,Berlin,US Open,Bali,Beijing,Luxembourg
2007 : Antwerp
Nochi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote