Ghost in a Shell - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:02 AM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Ghost in a Shell

Just discovered this. It's giving me nightmares.

"The nothing more pathetic than a shell without a ghost. Especially a flesh and blood shell."

Too fucking deep. This stuiff that makes you question the nature of self-awareness is the spawn of the devil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:16 AM   #2
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana
Just discovered this. It's giving me nightmares.

"The nothing more pathetic than a shell without a ghost. Especially a flesh and blood shell."

Too fucking deep. This stuff that makes you question the nature of self-awareness is the spawn of the devil.
Oh but what great anime it is!! Makes you question your concept of what a 'soul' really is, doesn't it? Can a mechanical sentient being be truly alive? And if so, is a soul no less than simple awareness and an ability to express emotion and make choices?
Yeah, it was pretty deep stuff.
I just finished watching Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocense . It's not nearly as immersive as the first though.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:20 AM   #3
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeVeeDynasty
is a soul no less than simple awareness and an ability to express emotion and make choices?
That's the fucking problem. It forces me to consider unanswerable questions, in a way that makes answers necessary. I don't NEED this. You may have noticed that just living in this brain comes with a certain amount of angst.

Learning the term, 'ghost-hack' keeps me awake. It increased my need to produce art, and my misery when I don't, but that isn't an unalloyed positive.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:47 AM   #4
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute
It's simple really. Not all questions have an answer. Or at least not that we could comprehend at this juncture of our existence. But consider that man is nothing more than a living breathing machine infused with an AI we call a spirit, or a soul. At the rate AI is evolving, it won't be long before robots of today will be able to make reasonable choices without man's intervention.

The sequel further blurs the lines between humans and machines when humans adopting nearly total mechanized bodies. In one case, not even the living brain exists. Just the e-brain portion, which allows for increased awareness, memory, etc...
After the movie, was just kind of sat back and went, “Dayem.”
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:00 AM   #5
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
Love this Anime too

Isn't a movie comin out too?

I hear about it!

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:57 AM   #6
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute
well, i heard the matrix bro's wanna direct it.
i almost cried myself to death
they also intend on doing "v for vendetta" which is my favorite comics all-time.
great anime... i wake up every day looking at a poster from it.
i loved serial experiments lain too.
she's so fucking beautiful.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:02 PM   #7
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
Serial experiments lain rocks too!
I love that main theme song, Duvet!

Battle Angel Alita is also having a movie
Jessica Alba might play Alita!

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote