Sprem def. Garbin 76 76 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:45 AM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Sprem def. Garbin 76 76

into the third Round!

Go K-Lina !
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:47 AM   #2
country flag UDiTY

UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of UDiTY has much to be proud of
Match was horrible!!! 52 errors against 16 winners for K-Lina...hmmm

She'll be lucky to win 2 games a set off Lindsay.

UDiTY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:49 AM   #3
country flag BK4ever

BK4ever has disabled reputation
Ugly win K-Lina but we'll take it
This is what she needs, wins to get her confidence back!

Serena, Madison, Taylor, Sloane, Gaby, Sloane, Heather, Sachia,Victoria, Sania
Coco, Beatrice, Jessica, Christina, Lauren, Robin, Dinara, Noppy, Mia, Flavia
Kaia, Aga, Urzula, Tamira, Gisela, Timea, Veras, ALG, Klina, Wozi, Sveta, Vikas, Misa
BK4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:49 AM   #4
country flag Sandstorm

Sandstorm has disabled reputation
She must past 3rd round first

with that game she has no chance

horrible play by K-lina

Amelie Mauresmo Lindsay Davenport Mary Pierce

Sandstorm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #5
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Terrible stats for K-lina, but guess what, I DON'T CARE

Today she showed that she really wants it and that she is willing to dig deep to pull out these tough matches while she still isn't playing her best.
Garbin served for the first set, K-lina broke her
Garbin had a mini-break in the tb, K-lina came back to take the first set
K-lina hit 3 dfs to go down triple set point at 2-5 in the second, she saved them
K-lina was down another set point at 5-6, she saved it
and then she ran away with the tiebreak

in my opinion, this is the begining of something great...she's fighting and not letting up the moment she loses control of a match
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #6
country flag LiliaLee-Frazier

LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of
Smile

Nice way to hang in there K-lina
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #7
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute
A win is a win. Ajmo K-Lina!
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:52 AM   #8
country flag JLDementieva
Registered 1

JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future JLDementieva has a brilliant future
K-Lina, the tiebreak queen!!!

Anastasia Myskina

Daniela Hantuchova
JLDementieva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:53 AM   #9
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
A win is a win is a win!

Great Amazing Wonderful fighting spirit!!
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:56 AM   #10
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
go k-lina!!!
set up that match with lindsay
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:58 AM   #11
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seles
A win is a win is a win!

Great Amazing Wonderful fighting spirit!!
Nobody ever questioned that...what we are questioning is her play. Let's face it, folks. Tathiana Garbin is far worse than her ranking of #62. She's basically living off the 220 points she obtained by beating an extremely sick Henin-Hardenne back at Roland Garros. Take those points out of the equation and Garbin would be ranked around #120. Yet it take K-Lina two tiebreaks to advance.

Beating Adamzcak and Garbin doesn't tell me anything about where Karolina really stands. It just tells me her game isn't so bad she needs to go back to challengers. Her next match against (probably) Likhovtseva will be a much better indication. I'd love to see her bring her old game back and beat Elena because K-Lina is MUCH better than this.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 02:58 AM   #12
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
if y'all didn't notice, i'm happy
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 03:00 AM   #13
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123
if y'all didn't notice, i'm happy
Meeeeeee tooooo!!!

It takes tough matches like this for her to dig deep and realize that she CAN play better tennis. Each win adds more confidence. See 2003.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 03:02 AM   #14
country flag croat123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw#1
Nobody ever questioned that...what we are questioning is her play. Let's face it, folks. Tathiana Garbin is far worse than her ranking of #62. She's basically living off the 220 points she obtained by beating an extremely sick Henin-Hardenne back at Roland Garros. Take those points out of the equation and Garbin would be ranked around #120. Yet it take K-Lina two tiebreaks to advance.

Beating Adamzcak and Garbin doesn't tell me anything about where Karolina really stands. It just tells me her game isn't so bad she needs to go back to challengers. Her next match against (probably) Likhovtseva will be a much better indication. I'd love to see her bring her old game back and beat Elena because K-Lina is MUCH better than this.
we aren't saying she's playing anywhere near as well as she used to...we're saying that she has the desire again. a few weeks ago, garbin would have won this match 6-4 6-1 caue k-lina used to simply give up. but she made an amazing comeback. i mean, when your down 2-5 0-40 and you've just hit 3 dfs in a row, you've lost the set in 99.9% of cases. she fought and it paid off. she'll feel much better now and i think she'll improve.
she definately played better today than she did in the first round. so hopefully she'll play even better on friday
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 03:03 AM   #15
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
Sometimes those statisticians inflate the UEs when they're actually forced errors. I wouldn't put too much stock in the numbers. K-lina played great when it counted. Congrats to her.

Tax, so many wasted chances!
GoSandrine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote