Mirza says she thinks she can beat anyone! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:12 PM   #1
country flag Mirage

Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all Mirage is a name known to all
Mirza says she thinks she can beat anyone!

I found an article on Sania and she really fancies her chances against Serena!

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=40960

Melbourne, January 19: Teen tennis sensation Sania Mirza on Wednesday said she fancied her chances against top American Serena Williams whom she runs into in the third round of the Australian Open Grand Slam on Friday.

"Well, she won in 48 minutes today and gave away three games... I won in 50 minutes and also gave away three games. So who knows," Sania said after recording a historic win to become only the first Indian woman to reach the third round of a Grand Slam.

The 18-year-old Hyderabadi walloped 84th ranked Petra Mandula of Hungary 6-2 6-1 in 50 minutes in the second round. The best ever performance by an Indian woman hitherto had been the second round appearance of Nirupama Sanjeev at the same Grand Slam in 1998.

Sania, ranked 166, said the clash with world number seven Serena was "the biggest match of her life" and that if she enjoyed herself on the court she would learn a few things along the way.

"It is the biggest match of my life and I think it is hard to plan too much for it. I am just going to go out there, enjoy playing on a show court," she said in an interview.

"I feel in matches like this, what is most important is that you focus on yourself, put in 200 per cent and play the match of your life," Sania said.

"I feel if I can do that I can beat anyone and I should not worry about who is on the other side (of the net)."

Sania said although she carried the expectations of a billion people, the pressure would be more on Serena since she was expected to win.

"The way I see it, I have nothing to lose. Whatever I do on court, I will learn something that will help me in the future.

"On the other hand, Serena will be playing a wild card in front of millions of people watching across the world, someone who she is expected to beat easily. The way I see it, all the pressure is on her."

Sania also said she cherished winning the Wimbledon girls doubles title more than the second round win today.

"Obviously it is wonderful to do well at your first grand slam but I am not here to make up the numbers, I am here to win events," she said.

"So I would rate my win in the junior doubles in Wimbledon in 2003 higher than this.

"The (doubles) win at the Hyderabad Open last year was very satisfying too. This day is right up there but I would not say it is the happiest day. Maybe, if I beat Serena..."
Mirage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #2
country flag 咖容Less

咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute 咖容Less has a reputation beyond repute
go Sania

Jankovic suffers from severe Chinese syndrome! Only God can help her!
咖容Less is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #3
country flag sartrista7
Registered 1

sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future
Sania's attitude is fabulous. Good on her.
sartrista7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #4
country flag alexusjonesfan

alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future
What the hell would be a good chant for Sania?

Chalo Sania?...Sania Zindabad?
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #5
country flag Duramont

Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute
Go Sania and win!

What a good attitude for a tennis player!

After the terrible tsunami desaster which touched also India badly it would be a very nice thing if Sania Mirza would realize other sensations!

Minella :: Lisicki :: Date :: Cornet :: Jankovic :: Siniakova :: Diyas :: Svitolina
Duramont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #6
country flag Sabatinifan

Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all Sabatinifan is a name known to all
[quote=drimal04]Go Sania and win!

What a good attitude for a tennis player!

After the terrible tsunami desaster which touched also India badly it would be a very nice thing if Sania Mirza would realize other sensations! [/QUOT

there is a photo on the ausopen.org site of her and Mahesh collecting money for the Tsunami victims if anyone was interested
Sabatinifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #7
country flag grmbl

grmbl has disabled reputation
Who is she.. ??

Go Serena!
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #8
country flag tom2791

tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabatinifan
there is a photo on the ausopen.org site of her and Mahesh collecting money for the Tsunami victims if anyone was interested
This one:

Sania is probably soon going to appear on my list of favourites soon. In my opinion, she has captured alot of people's hearts this Australian Open. Hopefully she will do well in Hyderabad too if she plays singles there!
tom2791 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #9
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute
she has a great attitude!
jimbo mack is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 09:02 PM   #10
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Sania !!
Hope you'll do well !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #11
country flag JenFan75

JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future
Good luck Mirza! Beat her!
JenFan75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 09:55 PM   #12
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
Nice attitude

But she won't

serena
townsend reza lisicki
vesnina keys mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:00 PM   #13
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
go sania

good luck
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #14
country flag Wta_Spider

Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice Wta_Spider is just really nice
Good luck sania......I know she will lose but give a fight...That's what it's all about.
Wta_Spider is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #15
country flag Venus+Serena#1fan

Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold
Well im sure she will enjoy herself playing Serena, i hear she has a good game and lots of potential.

However, if Serena plays like she did in her 2nd round, she'll still loose easily, so hopefully Rena will have a solid form anyway.

looks like Mirza has a few similarities to Serena's attuitude on court, which is a winners one.
Venus+Serena#1fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote