Steffi/Andre commercial - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #1
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Steffi/Andre commercial

Has anyone caught the new Steffi/Andre commercial for Genworth financial? A friend was telling me about it recently, but I have yet to see it. Is it airing during the Aussie Open on ESPN?

Thanks.
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #2
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark37
Has anyone caught the new Steffi/Andre commercial for Genworth financial? A friend was telling me about it recently, but I have yet to see it. Is it airing during the Aussie Open on ESPN?

Thanks.
I caught it last night, and the night before, on ESPN2 coverage. It's basically the two of them hitting all out against each other from the mid-court position, and you don't get to see a lot of them- just flashes back and forth of each player hitting a shot, then flash to the other- back and forth harder and harder until the ball ticks the net cord, flies up in the air (ala Witches of Eastwick Van Horn ball going up into the clouds), and then lands smack dab on the top of the net, and just sits there, balanced and not moving. Then they flash quick shots of Steffi just smiling wryly, and then Andre smiling wryly, and then the segway into the Genworth Financial spiel for the ad. Cute, but not really catchy. You don't realize it's them until after they actually hit back and forth a few times- that's how fast the camera shots flash back and forth- too fast IMO.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #3
country flag Tratree

Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of Tratree has much to be proud of
The long version of the ad starts with them sitting at the kitchen table going over a bunch of papers and Andre says he can't make sense of it all, can she help. Steffi says,"I do the checkbook." Andre then says, "Play you for it...." and then they show them playing tennis. After the ball sits on top of the net, the both of them are frozen in place waiting for it to drop on either side and then they cut away to a Genworth graphic and back to the same shot, with it now being nighttime, still in the poses waiting for the ball. It's really cute, IMO, and Steffi gets to talk
Tratree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #4

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tratree
The long version of the ad starts with them sitting at the kitchen table going over a bunch of papers and Andre says he can't make sense of it all, can she help. Steffi says,"I do the checkbook." Andre then says, "Play you for it...." and then they show them playing tennis. After the ball sits on top of the net, the both of them are frozen in place waiting for it to drop on either side and then they cut away to a Genworth graphic and back to the same shot, with it now being nighttime, still in the poses waiting for the ball. It's really cute, IMO, and Steffi gets to talk
Thanks for the extended version description! I can't wait to see the "director's cut", because the short version seems really butchered. It does sound cute.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #5

P.S.- interesting match coming up for Andre in the 3rd Round at the Australian Open tomorrow- Taylor Dent!
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 05:35 PM   #6
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys. My friend told me he saw the extended version and really enjoyed it. I guess i have to look a bit harder for it on ESPN.

I am scared of the Dent match. He nearly took Andre out of the Open (last year?) with that all out attack.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #7
country flag Calimero377

Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark37

Thanks.

Guckst Du hier:

http://www.genworth.com/media/index.html

Calimero377 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #8
country flag Zhao

Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute Zhao has a reputation beyond repute
its a very cute commercial
and u get to see flashes of Steffi hitting her forehand
Zhao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #9
country flag Mark43

Thanks for the link!

What a great ad. Steffi and Andre look wonderful. I like her hair darker, it looks more natural.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #10
country flag Pamela Shriver

Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute
Have they shown me and the Georges' ad yet? It's for diapers.
~I Loves My George but not that skanky Lazenby granddad~This game has gone to DOOSE~~I won the Olympic Gold~~The BEST commentator~~My vowels rulez the air~~ Ping-Pong Pam~~Style Guru: The Pamfro, Voted Hairstyle of the Yr 1983~~Click here to see my fantastic web site created by my adoring 'fan'
Pamela Shriver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 06:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimero377
That's GREAT- so much better than the abbreviated version ESPN2 has been cramming into their commercial slots! Thanks!
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #12
country flag Calimero377

Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster
That's GREAT- so much better than the abbreviated version ESPN2 has been cramming into their commercial slots! Thanks!

Hope you continue your lucid tennis analyses in return.

I stick to Steffitistics, insulting Selesians - and a link now and then.
Everybody does what he can best ...

Calimero377 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #13
miranda_lou

miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of miranda_lou has much to be proud of
Quote:
He nearly took Andre out of the Open (last year?) with that all out attack
Andre was ahead two sets to one when Fatty injured himself and couldn't go on. How does that equate to "nearly took Andre out"?? Fatty has never beaten Andre.
miranda_lou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #14
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimero377
thanks Calimero377 !!!
one day the ball will split into two halves ...
til then my heart belongs the Queen of Courts

calinichta Calimero !

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 03:25 AM   #15
country flag Mark43

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda_lou
Andre was ahead two sets to one when Fatty injured himself and couldn't go on. How does that equate to "nearly took Andre out"?? Fatty has never beaten Andre.
Nice.