Grönefeld defeats Zuluaga 6:2 7:6(2) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #1
country flag lolas

lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of lolas has much to be proud of
Grönefeld defeats Zuluaga 6:2 7:6(2)

and nobody started a thread about this?
I'm feeling like This is probably the best win of Anna-Lena's career and the first time she reaches 3rd round at a slam.
When she lead 5:4 and served for the match she got broken. By this time I couldn't stand starring at the scoreboard anymore because I thought that now Anna-Lena was going to lose the second set and then the third set as she did many times before after being up one set (Against Dechy in Fed Cup or Callens at the US-Open). So I was kind of shocked when I later saw that she closed out the match in 2 sets.
Well done Anna-Lena!
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:15 AM   #2
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
pretty nice win as zuluaga made the semis here last year.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #3
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
ALG.
She has had a good start of the year and I knew she could do it!

COME ON, you are my fave German.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #4
country flag Come-on-kim

Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute
Anna-Lena

"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters

"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters

"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet

"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"

"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."
Come-on-kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #5
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolas
and nobody started a thread about this?
I'm feeling like This is probably the best win of Anna-Lena's career and the first time she reaches 3rd round at a slam.
When she lead 5:4 and served for the match she got broken. By this time I couldn't stand starring at the scoreboard anymore because I thought that now Anna-Lena was going to lose the second set and then the third set as she did many times before after being up one set (Against Dechy in Fed Cup or Callens at the US-Open). So I was kind of shocked when I later saw that she closed out the match in 2 sets.
Well done Anna-Lena!
sorry that I didn't

I had the same thoughts and and at 4-1 in the tiebreak my lap went down, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !
. and I mentioned her biggest success since her GrSl-final iin her own thread shortly after her win, so please forgive my laziness !

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.p...&goto=lastpost

BEST OF LUCK ANNA-LENA vs Douchevina (again and again) on Friday !
Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #6
country flag (•_•)

(•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future (•_•) has a brilliant future
Anna-Lena

Zerschlagene Träume und verlorenes Glück
Bilden ein Mahnmal für das Scheitern,auf dass meine Hoffnung erstickt
Denn wer bin ich glauben zu können,dass es für mich Rettung gibt
(•_•) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #7
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
congrats to anna-lena, i'm suprised! poor fabiola, she'll lose so many points...

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #8
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of

i'm not surprised - but she made my day!
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #9
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
anna has a pretty good game but she tends to get a little sluggish sometime and can lose focus a lot. and unless she adds another dimension to her game i dont think she can make it all that big. i mean, she has got the talent but she has thatt same serve that is so easy to read and she plays the forehand too much when IMO her backhand seems better. and she rarely comes to the net or slices.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #10
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future
I had never seen Anna-Lena Groenefeld play before the Hopman Cup this year. She reminds me of Vera Zvonareva - the serve, the groundies, the game, everything. They even wear the same clothes and use the same racquets. I think the opportunity to play a lot of matches in Perth was good for her. Now I see why she plays so many tournaments a year. It actually helps her tennis! Sadly, she doesn't always do that well in most of them unless she can play many matches without worrying about winning or losing, such as in Perth. It's reflected well on her performances in Australia.
"Tell us Rafa, what else do you do with your right hand?" - Todd Woodbridge
"I have a pain here, in my famous ass" - Rafael Nadal

Come visit me at: www.myspace.com/als_myspace_page
Fantastic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #11
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
Good win, though not surprised. Well done ALG.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #12
country flag Becool

Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute Becool has a reputation beyond repute
She's a hard hitter, and what a serve she has!

She beat a overhyped Zuluaga.. she did semis last year, defeating no one's almost..

Glad, Anna Lena put Zulu in her place

serena
townsend × rezaï × lisicki
vesnina × keys × mladenovic

facebook ~ twitter
[#ps - in portuguese]
Becool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #13
country flag tobe

tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold tobe is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Well, I am really surprised!!! No chocking there!
Well done ALG!
Next up is Douchevina!! Big chances for 4th round I guess! Although she beat Vera Z...I am really curious about that match and hope ALG will fight through it!
tobe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 05:59 PM   #14
country flag Geoffry

Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute
well done Anna-Lena

3rd round against Douchevina... sounds interesting
But I'm glad we broke the rules
My cave is deep now
Yet your light is shining through
I cover my eyes
Still all I see is you
Geoffry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #15
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobe
Well, I am really surprised!!! No chocking there!
Well done ALG!
Next up is Douchevina!! Big chances for 4th round I guess! Although she beat Vera Z...I am really curious about that match and hope ALG will fight through it!
if she prevails (what I doubt even if she won the 1st rd in Canberra) she will be ahead of Vera ... and should be one of the top50

currently:
new ranking pts = 517,75 + 134,00 - 29,00 pts off (AO04 one of 17 best) = 622,75

but pls Anna-Lena, win with the same result as in Canberra or in the juniors RoGa-final 03 (d. Vera Douchevina (RUS/#1)6-4 6-4). Come on !
Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote