Amelie def. Safina 2-6, 6-1, 6-0 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:14 AM   #1
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
Amelie def. Safina 2-6, 6-1, 6-0

Thoughts?
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:18 AM   #2
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
i thought dinara might have a breakthrough year this year, having taken a set of a couple of top 10ers in slams last year, and winning against 2 pretty good players already this year. she took a set but couldnt hold it together after the first set, mauresmo was getting everything back and dinara wasnt serving very well. one thing for sure is that dinara doesnt have a plan b and thats want hurt her in the match, no plan b and her game is very one dimensional. she was hitting well when the ball was coming onto the racket but when mauresmo sliced it or floated it back dinara couldnt control it very well.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #3
country flag VivalaSeles

VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute VivalaSeles has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Amélie
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #4
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty straight forward, once Momax found her rhythm.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:20 AM   #5
country flag Shenanigans

Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute Shenanigans has a reputation beyond repute
Good test for Momo she needs that cause it will make her stronger for the second week, and she did not play a warm up tournement. Safina talented but a bit Vera like and gets furstratred way too quick.
Shenanigans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:21 AM   #6
country flag LiliaLee-Frazier

LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of
Wink

Nice first set Dinara...what a way to comeback MOMO...see you in the 4th rd..hopefully
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:21 AM   #7
country flag SerialKiller#69

SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light
wtf happened to dinara?

.tatianagolovin.sesilkaratancheva.shuaipeng.

.lindsayDAVENPORT.kimCLIJSTERS.

"i don't wanna be your other half i believe that one and one make two."

alanis m.

SerialKiller#69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:23 AM   #8
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller#69
wtf happened to dinara?
Sounds like Mo Mo got mad and decided to give her a serious spanking...
TFan1156 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:23 AM   #9
country flag MinnyGophers

MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute MinnyGophers has a reputation beyond repute
Momo woke up in the second set, that's what happened.
almost a double bagel Congrats Amelie
MARIA SHARAPOVA: "Amélie, you know it doesn't really matter at this point. I mean, I'd love to, I mean, Amélie is No. 1 in the world. She's playing great tennis. You know, I love that challenge of going out there and competing against the best in the world."
You'd love to what, Maria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
This Amelie bashing gets more ludicrous by the day! What do you want her to do, crawl back to the chair???? For heavens sake who gives a toss how she gets back to the chair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Marie

Amelie FINALLY won two slams I mean let the woman RUN to her fucking chair.
MinnyGophers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:24 AM   #10
country flag Jamesss

Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice Jamesss is just really nice
It was hot and Momo was the superior athlete .

Safina a bien joue dans la set debut! Mais aprés, Momo encore mieux joue!

Hooray for Momo!
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #11
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting match. Watched the entire 3 setter "live".

First set was all Dinara controls, AM was doing her usual
sitting in the back nothing shots, plus her serve was crap.
Everything was going straight
to Dinara's hitting range.

2nd set, AM wakes up, and hits deeper, cuts UE, serves better
and get's her butt off the baseline and finished points at the net.
Mid way in the second set, fatigue and a whole lot of long rallies
wears Dinara down a bit. She was sucking air, and doing a homage
to Patrick Rafter with too much sweating.

3rd set. Dinara is melting, really melting. She is red face, sweating
buckets and huffing after each point, during change over every second.
AM is simply starting and playing immaculate tennis. Dinara can't
seem to get any range or serves in anymore.

End of match.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #12
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute
The last two sets were far more tight than the score indicates. Most of the games in the second set were long deuce games.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #13
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Dinara just died, that's what happened. After she couldn't bring it back to 3-2 in the second, it was a total tank.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:27 AM   #14
country flag CC

CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute CC has a reputation beyond repute
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
CC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 01:28 AM   #15
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
dinara was hitting her shots much better in the first set, she was forcing mauresmo outwide alot especially on the backhand so when mauresmo did slice the ball had to travel much further and therefore she hit alot of them into the net. the the last 2 sets dinara wasnt getting mauresmo outwide, she hit down the middle a lot more and wasnt getting as close to the lines or getting quite as good angles. but mauresmo certainly did pick up her game and played really well. she looks very fit and is getting lots of balls back and she is mixing up her shots as good or better than i have seen her do before so she looks to be a contender.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote