Question to those that have watched Myskina live - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 03:28 AM   #1
country flag Breakaway

Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all
Question to those that have watched Myskina live

Hi,

I am currently lost on how to hit my ground-strokes. I know Nastya has great groudies, but I have never seen her play live and it's hard to judge how a player hits on TV.

So my main question is, from all the pictures I have seen Nastya's racket face is wide open when in contact with the ball so does she hit her shots mainly flat or does she brush up on the ball on her follow through to get some topspin? Because in the pictures I see it would be like she gets zero topspin. So is it like she is hitting flat and hard or does she have more topspin?

And one more thing does she use a full western grip or more of a semi-western grip on the forehand.

Thanks in advance.

My name is Danny
And it's uncanny
How when I sing about my Hingis
I start to groove like Mingus

If she could only go
To my singles rodeo
She'd find me hitting forehands to and fro
She'd say "Radek, man, you've got to go!"

I'm the only boy in Texas
Who pulls up in a Lexus
And when I make a play
They call me Breakaway.

Written by: Matt aka MisterQ
Breakaway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2005, 07:28 PM   #2
country flag Emptiness

Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of
I haven't seen her live but from what i've seen on tv she hits very flat. If you want to study topspin just look at Spanish players, or Spanish influenced players. Such as Kuznetsova.

Maybe Spunky can help you more since she's seen Anastasia live.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #3
country flag Spunky83

Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
- Very, very flat...just a few centimeters over the net (very nice to see esp. from the courtside on the ground)

- Hits the ball very early

- No top-spin at all, not on backhand and not on forehand, just straight forward. it´s just her game.

- serve: likes to slice balls (esp. on deuce-side), no kick, speed averaged, awful second serve

Well...besides that, she´s unbelievable fast, thin and extremely fragile (weird, but true)...Masha has the same weight, but somehow she looks like a tower, lol.

For more information ask Ola. I think she´s the one who has watched the most live-matches of her

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana

M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #4
country flag Emptiness

Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of Emptiness has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky
Masha has the same weight, but somehow she looks like a tower, lol.
Oh, please. On the WTA website it says Serena weighs 3kg or 5lbs more than Anastasia. Pfft yeah maybe her pinky finger. Its all lies. Don't believe them. I wouldn't be surprised if they mixed up a right-hander with a left-hander too.

I wouldn't recommend modeling your game after Anastasia's. Would bring too much frustration hehs.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 01:17 AM   #5
country flag Breakaway

Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all Breakaway is a name known to all
Thanks for these reply's. Great to see she hit's flat, that must be were she gets her power from.

I hope one day I can see her play live.

My name is Danny
And it's uncanny
How when I sing about my Hingis
I start to groove like Mingus

If she could only go
To my singles rodeo
She'd find me hitting forehands to and fro
She'd say "Radek, man, you've got to go!"

I'm the only boy in Texas
Who pulls up in a Lexus
And when I make a play
They call me Breakaway.

Written by: Matt aka MisterQ
Breakaway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #6
country flag Spunky83

Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
By the way Breakaway (are you a Kelly Clarkson fan?), I like your fave players constellation

@Emptiness: Well, it´s interesting isn´t it? I guess they have forgotten to update Masha´s stats in the last two years, she has grown a little and 59 kg for Nastya doesn´t fit at all imo. I have a friend who is is just two centimeters smaller than her and she weighs 50 kg and she has the same built as Nastya and I seriously don´t think that she has so many mucles that would explain the 59 kg...conspiracy!

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana

M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote