Game organizers: Introduce your game! - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #121
country flag stejj9

stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice stejj9 is just really nice
Re: Game organizers: Introduce your game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
Post rules here, then start the game and when you have more than 16 players you'll get subforum for your game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Exactly. If there are specific questions about a subforum, they can be sent to me.
ONE SHOT TENNIS (OST)

Ok so the game I would like to introduce is called ONE SHOT TENNIS (OST).

This game will have some similar aspects to P-A-W (Pick a winner) just to make scoring easier, and which part exactly will be used from that game will be explained below.

So, the game is called ONE SHOT TENNIS for a reason. Over the duration of a tournament, you will be able to choose a certain amount of players based on the SIZE of the tournament DRAW.

You will always select a NEW player for every match you play. This means that as soon as you have used a certain player (e.g. Maria Sharapova), you will NOT be able to use her again. In other words, she may only bring you points once! Even if a player you have selected has WON their match, you still CANNOT use that player again. The only EXCEPTION to this rule, is if you use a ''Player Wildcard'' (more info provided in the 'Bonus section' below).

Limit of matches you are allowed to select during a tournament:

During 128 or 96 player draws: 28 players
During 64 player draws: 21 players
During 32 player draws: 15 players
During round robin draws: 5 players

Players must be spread out over the course of the draw.
So for example, if you are playing a tournament with a 128-player draw or 96-player draw, then you have to spread your players in the following way:

Round 1 – Choose 7 players
Round 2 – Choose 6 players
Round 3 – Choose 5 players
Round 4 – Choose 4 players
QF – Choose 3 players
SF – Choose 2 players
F – Choose 1 player

TOTAL players for 128 player draw / 96 player draw = 28 players.

Similarily, if you are playing a tournament with a 32 draw, you will be allowed a total of 15 players arranged in the following way:

Round 1 - Choose 5 players
Round 2 – Choose 4 players
QF – Choose 3 players
SF – Choose 2 players
F – Choose 1 player

TOTAL players for 32 player draw = 15 players

Draws with a 64-player field, will obviously begin with R1 having 6 players and the following 5 rounds (R2, R3, QF, SF and F) having a player less each time. So in total, you should be having 21 players chosen in a 64-player draw tournament.

EXAMPLE

If you are playing a 32-player draw, you are allowed a total of 15 player picks.

An example of a 32-player draw (taken from the 2013 ASB Classic Auckland Open) is displayed below. As stated earlier, you are allowed a total of 15 player picks during the course of a 32-player draw tournament. Players must be selected according to the format provided earlier for 32-player draws.

Points allocated for every correct pick are taken from the P-A-W (Pick a winner) score ratios already given in that game.

(1)Radwanska vs. (LL) Arn (03-36)
Halep vs. Rus (08-12)
(WC) Bouchard vs. Vesnina (14-7)
Arruabarrena-Vecino vs. (6) Shvedova (14-7)

(4)Zheng vs. Hampton (07-13)
(Q) Dubois vs. Erakovic (14-07)
Kuznetsova vs. Bertens (10-10)
Watson vs. (5)Cirstea (12-09)

(7)McHale vs. Parmentier (08-12)
Voskoboeva vs. Flipkens (12-08)
(Q) Luangham vs. Oprandi (19-05)
Rybarikova vs. (3)Wickmayer (13-08)

(8)Barthel vs. (Q) Min (05-20)
(WC) Daniilidou vs. (WC) Vandeweghe (10-10)
Larsson vs. Doi (09-11)
(Q) Sevastova vs. (2)Goerges (24-02)

You picked the following 5 matches from Round 1:

OST01 Daniilidou over Vandeweghe
OST02 Rybarikova over Wickmayer
OST03 Voskoboeva over Flipkens
OST04 Halep over Rus
OST05 Bertens over Kuznetsova

The results:

Daniilidou beat Vandeweghe
You picked Daniilidou so you automatically get 10 points

Wickmayer beat Rybarikova
You picked Rybarikova so you get 0 points

Flipkens beat Voskoboeva
You picked Voskoboeva so you get 0 points

Halep beat Rus
You picked Halep so you score 8 points

Bertens beat Kuznetsova
You picked Bertens so you score 10 points

So your total points for R1 would be 10+0+0+8+10 = 28 points

FORMAT OF PICKS:

When selecting a player and the match they are playing, the player must be selected in the following way:

OSTn Player 1 over Player 2

Example:

OST01 Kuznetsova over Hlavackova
OST02 Jankovic over Kirilenko

TRICK OF THE GAME:

Now the trick of the game is the following:

With each round that progresses, a player’s value will DOUBLE.

Which means that if you have chosen Anastasija Sevastova over Julia Goerges in Round 1 of a tournament and the scoring value for that match was (24-02), then Sevastova’s value in Round 2 will be 24*2 = 48
BUT as the game title states, this is One shot tennis, which means you will NOT be allowed to use Sevastova again if you have used her in Round 1 (UNLESS you use a Player wildcard - for more info on player wildcards, check the Bonus section at the bottom).

Obviously if anybody decides to use Julia Goerges, her value of 2 will be doubled in Round 2 so that she is worth 2*2 = 4 points in Round 2.

These figures and numbers are just used as examples. Actual figures will be used from the scoring values given in Pick-a-winner (PAW) during each tournament.

So, it is important to be careful on how you use a certain player. If you know that a certain player has a good head-to-head record over the opposite player, you need to make sure you pick the correct player.

For example:

You know that Ana Ivanovic has a 5-0 head-to-head record over Schiavone and the value for that match is Ana Ivanovic vs Francesca Schiavone (5-12). You can choose the ‘safer’ bet and ‘SAVE’ Ana Ivanovic to use her in your 2nd round match, if you think that she will beat Schiavone. In that way, Ana Ivanovic’s value in Round 2 will be 5*2 = 10pts.
Similarily, if Schiavone won through to Round 2, her value will double and would thus be (12*2 = 24 in Round 2).

POINT SYSTEM FOR RANKING:

For a Premier Mandatory tournament (this includes all 4 of IW, Miami, Madrid, Beijing):

1st -- 1000 ...... 25th --- 85 ...... 49th --- 42 ...... 73rd --- 17
2nd --- 700 ...... 26th --- 83 ...... 50th --- 40 ...... 74th --- 16
3rd --- 500 ...... 27th --- 82 ...... 51st --- 38 ...... 75th --- 15
4th --- 450 ...... 28th --- 80 ...... 52nd --- 36 ...... 76th --- 14
5th --- 400 ...... 29th --- 77 ...... 53rd --- 35 ...... 77th --- 13
6th --- 370 ...... 30th --- 75 ...... 54th --- 34 ...... 78th --- 12
7th --- 350 ...... 31st --- 73 ...... 55th --- 33 ...... 79th --- 12
8th --- 320 ...... 32nd --- 71 ...... 56th --- 32 ...... 80th --- 11
9th --- 290 ...... 33rd --- 69 ...... 57th --- 31 ...... 81st --- 11
10th -- 265 ...... 34th --- 68 ...... 58th --- 30 ...... 82nd --- 10
11th -- 230 ...... 35th --- 67 ...... 59th --- 29 ...... 83rd --- 10
12th -- 210 ...... 36th --- 66 ...... 60th --- 28 ...... 84th --- 9
13th -- 195 ...... 37th --- 65 ...... 61st --- 27 ...... 85th --- 9
14th -- 180 ...... 38th --- 64 ...... 62nd --- 26 ...... 86th --- 8
15th -- 165 ...... 39th --- 62 ...... 63rd --- 25 ...... 87th ---- 7
16th -- 145 ...... 40th --- 60 ...... 64th --- 24 ...... 88th ---- 6
17th -- 135 ...... 41st --- 58 ...... 65th --- 23 ...... 89th ---- 5
18th -- 125 ...... 42nd --- 56 ...... 66th --- 22 ...... 90th ---- 4
19th ---115 ...... 43rd --- 54 ...... 67th --- 21 ...... 91st ---- 4
20th ---100 ...... 44th --- 52 ...... 68th --- 20 ...... 92nd ---- 3
21st --- 95 ...... 45th --- 50 ...... 69th --- 19 ...... 93rd ---- 3
22nd --- 92 ...... 46th --- 48 ...... 70th --- 18 ...... 94th ---- 2
23rd --- 89 ...... 47th --- 46 ...... 71st --- 18 ...... 95th ---- 2
24th --- 87 ...... 48th --- 44 ...... 72nd --- 17 ...... 96th ---- 1

For a grand slam, the scoring would be double of the points for each place shown above used in a Premier Mandatory tournament.

Also, smaller Premier 5/Premier and International tournaments will have less points than those shown above.

GAME BONUSES:

There are 2 bonuses when playing One Shot Tennis.

BONUS 1:

You may use TWO (2) PLAYER WILDCARDS during a tournament.

What does a player wildcard mean?

Player wildcards refer to selecting players that have already been used but may be used yet again!

For example: If you have selected the following Round 1 matches in a 128 player draw:

Sharapova over Soler Espinosa
Halep over Oudin
Daniilidou over Craybas
Williams over Schiavone
Jankovic over Vinci
Date-Krumm over Makarova
Aga Radwanska over Hsieh

You may choose to select ANY two players for use again, from ANY round! So, in a 128 player draw or 96 player draw, you would usually select 28 players. You may choose to stick with that option and have 28 players selected, or you may choose to have 26 players instead with 2 players having played 2 matches instead of 1! You may choose to use 1 WC, or 2 WC's or you may not want to use any WCs! The choice is entirely yours and it depends on how you think you will benefit and gain points.

So even if you have selected Jankovic and Date-Krumm already, they may be used once more over the tournament. Or you may just use Jankovic again. Or you might choose not to use any WC's over the tournament!

REMEMBER: you may choose any TWO players for use again, from ANY round. The example given above shows the 7 Round 1 picks and 2 players selected from that round. That has been used just as an example

BONUS 2:

In addition to the scoring points that each player on Tennis forum will receive, the top 2 players can receive an ADDITIONAL wildcard to use in their next 2 tournaments!

ADDITIONAL RULES:

1) Players must make their picks for each Player they choose BEFORE the player plays her match.

2) In case a player withdraws from the tournament, you are allowed to change your initial pick and REPLACE with the new player chosen.

YOU MAY NOT CHANGE OR EDIT YOUR POSTS. Previous posts MUST BE QUOTED for any changes to occur. No other format will be accepted.

3) As it is stated in the first few parts of this description, you must choose a certain number of players per round. So if you are playing a 128 player draw or 96 player draw, you will be allowed 7 picks in Round 1.

Maximum of 7 picks will be allowed in Round 1 so if you have placed more than 7 picks, i.e. 8, 9 or 10 or more, only your first 7 will count. So in case you do make this mistake, make sure at least your first 7 are the good ones

4) In case of more than 1 player finishing with the same no. of points, the tie-break rule used in PAW will be used to solve out final rankings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It might look complicated, but I assure you it's not. If people think this is similar like any other game, let me know, so it can be improved. Feedback and input would be appreciated

Thank you
stejj9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #122
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good! Like the idea. A little similar to PAW, but the tricks and bonuses are nice!

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #123
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

I would play this but I don't understand how you could pick 3 players in the quarters, 2 in the semis and one in the final if you can't pick a player more than once.
Tennis Tipping: CH: 16 Current: 18 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 19 Current: 19 Champion: 2013 Birmingham, 2014 Montreal
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 104 Current: 124 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #124
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

i like the last 2 games
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #125
country flag mariusz_pol

mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of

I've just come up with idea of special ranking with all games. Points from all games would be added in one ranking. I think it would be a great thing but needs some improvements. What's your opinions?
mariusz_pol is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #126
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

That could also be another way to get players playing just one game to play different games.

Bally
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #127
country flag mariusz_pol

mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of mariusz_pol has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
That could also be another way to get players playing just one game to play different games.
and is it wrong? There could be rankings for each game and one combined for all singles and one for all doubles for example and who doesn't want to be high in combined ranking doesn't need to play more games. It's only idea, if you don't like it ok
mariusz_pol is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #128
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

No, I like your idea. I didn't mean for it to come off as if I didn't agree with you.

Bally
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #129
country flag chriskryn

chriskryn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm the author of Top Tennis Brain Quiz and Trivia iOS Universal app.

Description:
Do you know tennis? Are you a Top Tennis Brain?
Prove everyone your skills by answering this quiz!
Compare your tennis knowledge with other tennis brains.

You can check the game, below are 10 Promo Codes :

F96FA6PR3M3W
3YYA9WPYJN7X
EAFXK66PPFWM
6NM97WF64EJH
F7WWFJ44JY7W
6KF7R9JAX79Y
7WM7J47HJ94Y
7FAMNENAJY6A
6YHMAX44L3M6
7E3EW96YFRPY

More info & screenshots :
http://topquizbrain.com

game link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/top-...6475?ls=1&mt=8
chriskryn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #130
country flag histery

histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future

Have any of you played the now defunct tennis-pool? Here's a link to the site

http://www.tennis-pool.com/

I would love to implement it here in TF starting from next year, if enough of you would like to play it
histery is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #131
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

^^^That may be a cool idea!!

Bally
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #132
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure if a game like this exists but just fantasy tennis?

Depending on the tournament size you pick different # of people

like for a 16 person draw you can only pick 4 players
2 of the 4 can be in the top 4 seeds
2 Have to be unseeded

32 you can pick 4
2 of the 4 can be the top 4 seeds
1 of the 4 can be seeds 5-8
1 has to be unseeded

64 or 128 draws
pick 8 players
5 players can be seeds 1-16
2 can be 17-32
1 has to be unseeded

obviously if you only pick 4 players from 1-16, then 1 additional can be 17-32 or unseeded

you get double points for your unseeded player

i'm not sure if the game exists and if people would play it?

SURVIVOR Wimbledon Announcement

Here
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #133
country flag Lord Sneeze

Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy72391 View Post
Im not sure if a game like this exists but just fantasy tennis?

Depending on the tournament size you pick different # of people

like for a 16 person draw you can only pick 4 players
2 of the 4 can be in the top 4 seeds
2 Have to be unseeded

32 you can pick 4
2 of the 4 can be the top 4 seeds
1 of the 4 can be seeds 5-8
1 has to be unseeded

64 or 128 draws
pick 8 players
5 players can be seeds 1-16
2 can be 17-32
1 has to be unseeded

obviously if you only pick 4 players from 1-16, then 1 additional can be 17-32 or unseeded

you get double points for your unseeded player

i'm not sure if the game exists and if people would play it?
I like the idea of setting up a fantsy tennis team type game.

Basic idea could be each players is able to have a pool of 15 players.
Pot 1 - Top 10
Pot 2 - Top 30
Pot 3 - Top 50
Pot 4 - Top 70
All the way to 300 at pot 15

For each pot; 3 players are randomly drawn. You can then choose 1 of those players to be in your player pool
Each players gets 1 redraw on the pool, used at anytime during the year.

Every week you must choose which players you would like to be part of your team. 5 players, no player can be chosen 2 weeks in a row. Except for a Grandslam where every player in the pool scores.
A captain must be chosen for double points.

If people are interested i will nut out points etc. It would likely be values on set scores with a bonus for a win/tournament win. Minuses for lost sets and retirements.

Would make it pretty straight forward. Wouldn't want to put too much complexity into it.

Let me know what you think.
2013 W/L - Singles 00/00 Doubles 00/00
2013 Titles - Still to be decided
Lord Sneeze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #134
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=613537

Bally
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #135
country flag Lord Sneeze

Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Not sure how i missed that. Will have a look at it more closely when it gets closer.
Don't really like some of the options which would likely put me off playing, but will send you a PM about that at some stage.

Cheers
2013 W/L - Singles 00/00 Doubles 00/00
2013 Titles - Still to be decided
Lord Sneeze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote