Game organizers: Introduce your game! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #76
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future
Re: Game organizers: Introduce your game!

My game in detail

Name : Tennis Picking 3
Manager : longtin 23
Rules : Every week, a player should pick three players in WTA tour in a tournament. They need to pick two sets of players. Each sets consist of 3 players you picked.
Set A
Any three players from the draw in that tournamnet.

Set B
1. A seeded player
2. An unseeded player (not qualifier/WC/lucky loser)
3. A qualifier/lucky loser

In set B you also need to state how far the player you choose can go.

FOR EXAMPLE Sydney 2011
longtin23 choose :
SET A
Li Na, Caroline Wozniacki, Kim Clijister

Set B
Li Na Winner, Pennetta Semi Finallist, Jovanovski Quarter Finallist

then you will receive scores as same as the player you picked.
In set A you can get : Li NA win (470) + Wozniacki 2nd round (1) + Kim Finallist (320) = 791 points

In set B : Li Na win (470+25*) + Pennetta QF (120) + Jovanoski (200) = 825 points

* : You can get extra 25 points for each coorect guess in set B

Then, you score for the whole tournament will be 791 + 825 = 1616 points

Your score will be compared with other players. You will then rewarded with ranking points (eg: 1st in an premier event : 470 points, 2nd : 320 points....)

Rankings, schedule and other things... all the same with WTA... Hioe you will like and join
Thanks
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 30th, 2011, 04:48 AM   #77
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Can anyone help me to start the game in Madrid. I need only a thread for my game but I am not allowed because I am a new member. If you want to help me, please PM me. My game is approved by the mod here...
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 06:16 AM   #78
country flag longtin23

Cmon...
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #79
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

How does this game sound?

I don't have a good name for this though.

In each tournament, you will play every single round and accumulate points. For each round, you will pick one player to win (and one back up player to win). The pick must be made before the match begin and you may not change your pick. You will receive points if the player you picked won. You will receive more points if the player you picked ranked low and less points if the player is ranked high.

To win the tournament, you will need to accumulate the most points.

The number of participants that may participate in the main tournament is limited to the number of players on the actual main draw. BYEs, SEs, and WCs all count as a player spot while Qs do not. Qs will be used for participants who qualify from qualifying draws. This is required to make sure there is a reason to be ranked high.

Players who are not qualified to play the main tournament must play from qualifying tournaments. I am not too sure if this should be extended to futures tournaments because that would require hefty amounts of managers to run (which is not ideal, so I think it's better not to). The number of players to play the qualifying tournament is not limited, though. However, the number of players to qualify for the main tournament is based on how many qualifying spot is allocated.

We will use the recent Madrid Tournament as an example if applicable.

Points will be awarded based on: Round Points x Player Bonus

Code:
Round Points                

QR1  =  1
QR2  =  2
QR3  =  3 (if applicable)
R128 =  1 (if applicable)
R64  =  2 (if applicable)
R32  =  3
R16  =  4
QF   =  5
SF   =  6
F    =  7
Code:
Player Bonus

Player bonus will be calculated based on "Opponent Rank Points/Chosen Player Rank Points"

If the player you picked won, you will receive Player Bonus.
- 0 points will be awarded for player bonus if the player lose.
Retirements do count as complete matches.
- If the player you picked got walkover, your back up pick will count.
- For R1, in case both of your picks got replaced by ALT or LL, a new pick may be amended given the match you picked has not started.
-- You may not amend a new pick if both of your players got walkover.  You will receive 0 pts for the round.

Points earned from qualifying rounds will be used ONLY to determine who qualifies for the main draw.
- Points earned there will not count towards the main draw.

For example, for the quarterfinal match between Wozniacki and Goerges.
If you picked Wozniacki and Wozniacki won, you will earn 9970/9970 x 5 = 5.
If you picked Goerges and Goerges won, you will earn 9970/2120 x 8 = 24.
However, if either of them lost, you will receive 0 points for your pick choice.
Code:
Ranking Points

Ranking Points will be distributed based on the tournament played and will mimic the Event Points.

Event Points                W    F   SF   QF  R16  R32  R64 R128 QLFR   Q3   Q2   Q1

Grand Slam               2000 1400  900  500  280  160  100    5   60   50   40    2
Premier Mandatory (96S)  1000  700  450  250  140   80   50    5   30    -   20    1
Premier Mandatory (64S)  1000  700  450  250  140   80    5    -   30    -   20    1
Premier 5 (56S)           900  620  395  225  125   70    1    -   30   20   12    1
Premier (56S)             470  320  200  120   60   40    1    -   12    -    8    1
Premier (32S)             470  320  200  120   60    1    -    -   20   12    8    1
International (56S)       280  200  130   70   30   15    1    -   10    -    6    1
International (32S, 32Q)  280  200  130   70   30    1    -    -   16   10    6    1
International (32S, 16Q)  280  200  130   70   30    1    -    -   10    -    6    1

Rank     Equivalent to

1      = W
2      = F
3-4    = SF
5-8    = QF
9-16   = R16
17-32  = R32
33-64  = R64  (Applicable only if the draw is more than 32)
65-128 = R128 (Applicable only if the draw is more than 64)

For example, if you are positioned 34 at the end of the Madrid tournament, you will receive 5 pts, equal to R64 for Premier Mandatory (64S).
Code:
Year Round Rankings

Per each calendar year, tournaments count for rankings will be using the following rules.

Best of 8 mandatory tournaments + 8 additional tournaments.

Required tournaments

- Australian Open, Melbourne
- Indian Wells
- Miami
- Madrid
- Roland Garros, Paris
- Wimbledon
- U.S. Open, New York
- Beijing

Premier 5 will not be made mandatory.  However, they will be rewarding the most points outside the required tournaments.

To participate in YEC in Dubai, you must be ranked Top 8 at the ranking spot.
- Alternates below top 8 will be accepted for replacements should there be less than 8 players participating.

To participate in the commonwealth game in Bali, you must either

1. Win an international event tournament -or-
2. Be ranked from 9 to 16 -and-
3. ...is not participating in YEC
- Alternates below top 16 will be accepted for replacements should there be less than 16 players participating.
- More than 16 players may be accepted only if they are all winners of the international events and they are ranked 9 to 16 at the year end.

Last edited by coolfish1103 : Jun 3rd, 2011 at 12:45 PM.
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #80
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

^
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:38 PM   #81
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyajde! View Post
^
It's been a month and only you have responded.

I wonder who I need to speak with to get a response or approval?
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:44 AM   #82
country flag Ralph214

Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of

^ Interesting game! You don't need to get approval to run a game in the tournament forums. You only need permission to get subforum after enough players are joining.

I'm just a little bit confused on your example:

Quote:
For example, for the quarterfinal match between Wozniacki and Goerges.
If you picked Wozniacki and Wozniacki won, you will earn 9970/9970 x 5 = 5.
If you picked Goerges and Goerges won, you will earn 9970/2120 x 8 = 24.
Why is this x8 and not x5?

Try hosting your first tournament after Wimbledon I'm sure people will start to join here

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
* Jaja - Sveta - Vika - Petra - Vera *
Marion - Flavia - Andrea - Alisa

Ralph214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #83
country flag HawkAussie

HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of

QTC (Questions, Tennis, Comp)

1. How is this played?
I will asked 7 questions in the tourmanet and 14 questions for grand slams. How ever many people their is in the tourmanet is how many people will be the top points.

2. How many points do you get?
It will be the same as the real WTA tour with the winner get the big points.

3. How do you get the winner?
Bascially the one with the most points gets the big points for that tourmanet.

4. How will the questions be asked?
It will be a muti answer questions with 4 possible answers and you have to choose which one is right.

5. Where to send the answers?
For the first 5 days or 10 days in slams you will have to post the answer in the thread and if it is really tight at the top when coming down to the final 2/7 of the tourmanet left then you must send them in private message me.

Have fun if this starts

Last edited by HawkAussie : Jul 14th, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
HawkAussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 03:12 PM   #84
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=440297

Thanks!

All I need is a thread now...
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #85
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

My new game idea. Sound fun? Any pitfalls I haven't thought of?

Wager War / Bet Battle (not sure yet about the title)

This is a new game to be played during real WTA tournaments.

How do I play?

Each player starts with 100 points. The objective is to maximize your points through a series of wagers.

The game is played by sending PMs to the manager. Each day of matches is a round of play. In your PM you state:

- which players you are betting on
- and how much you are betting on them, expressed as a percentage

Some additional rules:

- you can only bet on one player per match
- you can only bet on matches that haven't started
- when you place a bet, you have to bet a minimum of 5%
- the sum of the percentages can't exceed 100% (but it can be lower)
- on the first day you have to place at least one bet

Sounds easy. How are the points divided after the matches are played?

This is best explained through example.

Suppose players 1 to 8 bet a total of 400 points on a specific match. 80 points were bet on the winner and 320 points were bet on the loser of the match.

Players 3 and 5 were the only ones to pick the winner.

Player 3 bet 30 points on the winner.
Player 5 bet 50 points on the winner.

Player 3 gets (30/80)*400 = 150 points back.
Player 5 gets (50/80)*400 = 250 points back.

What if no one bet on the winner of the match?

For that match, the losers get their points back.

And what if no one bet on the loser of the match?

Then the winners simply get their points back.

What if I lose all my points?

Then you are done for that week. As the points are switching owners, there will always be players remaining.

Why bet with percentages? Why not just points?

You won't know how many points you have until the manager updates, so this way you can still keep sending your bets even when the manager is slow.

Okay. Can you also give an example of what to PM?

Suppose the OOP for day 2 is:

Lucie Hradecka vs. Serena Williams
Jelena Jankovic vs. Iveta Benesova
Flavia Pennetta vs. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Eleni Daniilidou vs. Samantha Stosur
Gisela Dulko vs. Shuai Peng
Roberta Vinci vs. Nadia Petrova
Yanina Wickmayer vs. Bojana Jovanovski
Shuai Zhang vs. Maria Kirilenko

An example PM would be:

Code:
Day 2

Hradecka 12%
Jankovic 20%
Peng 10%
Petrova 5%
Zhang 40%
This player would be betting 87% of their total. The remaining 13% moves on to the next day.

What if I forget to PM?

It would be like not betting on anyone, which is allowed after the first day.

What if I accidentally bet more than 100%?

If the manager catches it in time they will alert you, if not then the bets don't count.

Can I join in the middle of the tournament?

Sure, but you get a 10 point penalty per day that you're late. So if you join on day 3, you start with 80 points. And you have to place at least one bet the day that you join.

So who wins in the end?

Obviously the player who has acquired the most points after the final is the winner of the tournament.

Is there a ranking system?

Yes. If you end the tournament with more than 100 points, you will get ranking points. How many depends on your placement in that tournament and the importance of the tournament.

Awesome. When do we start?

There will be a test run soon to see how it goes, probably in one of the MMs after the US Open.

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60 LAUREN DAVIS 60 76
CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75 VENUS WILLIAMS 64 76
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 62 62 EKATERINA MAKAROVA 64 62 ANA IVANOVIC 63 64

Last edited by Kworb : Aug 19th, 2011 at 09:24 AM.
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 07:32 AM   #86
country flag HawkAussie

HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of

RR DTC

Surfaces

1. Plexicushion
2. Clay
3. Grass
4. Hard
5. Indoor

Schedule

Week 1: Medibank International (Australia) (Plexicushion)
Week 2: Dubai Tennis Championship (UAE) (Plexicushion)

Week 3: J&S Cup (Poland) (Clay)
Week 4: Qatar Total German Open (Germany) (Clay)

Week 5: Ordina Open (Netherlands) (Grass)
Week 6: Bank of the West Classic (USA) (Hard)
Week 7: Pilot Pen Tennis (USA) (Hard)

Week 8: Porsche Tennis Grand Prix (Germany) (Indoor)
Week 9: Generali Ladies Linz (Austria) (Indoor)

Week 10: WTA Tour Divison Championship (USA) (Grass)

Rules

You will have to split from 260 to 300 points (depending on what your favorite surfaces are) into the 3 sets of the match I will use these differences to decide the set.

Differences
over 50 - 6-0
40-49 - 6-1
30-39 - 6-2
20-29 - 6-3
12-19 - 6-4
7-12 - 7-5
under 7 - 7-6

The point system for the RR DTC is premier points. So 6 wins would surely be enough for the title and maybe a promtoin to the higher divison. If you are last to last 3 (depending on the number of players) in Divison 1 then you are relagted to the worst divison.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT ANYTHING YOU CAN LET ME KNOW BEFORE COMMITTING !

Taken Players
Caroline Wozniacki (Matt121)
Kaia Kanepi (Matt121)
Samantha Stosur (Kev)
Jarmila Gajdosova (Kev)
Maria Sharapova (Lachy)
Ana Ivanovic (Lachy)
Jelena Jankovic (Ralph214)
Dinara Safina (Ralph214)
Marion Barotli (JupiterLover)
Nadia Petrova (JupiterLover)
HawkAussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #87
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Random Tennis League

Rules
You have to choose a top 200 active wta player. There is 19 points in total.You need to put them in 5 sections-serve,forehand,backhand,dropshot,volley.For example :
S:5
F:6
B:3
D:4
V:1
5+6+3+4+1=19
Then I use random.org to get main shot of a game.Example:
Paszek
S:5
f:3
b:5
d:3
v:3

Azarenka

Random.org says:
Game 1: Volley
Paszek :3
Azarenka:4
Azarenka wins a game.
You send me numbers once per 3 months.You need commit for every tournament you want to play.There will be 3/4 tournaments per month and I wont follow regular wta calendar.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #88
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

^ I think we've had a similar game before

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #89
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

^maybe,but i dont see how is that a problem.
Even if we had,its not active anymore
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM   #90
country flag Ralph214

Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of Ralph214 has much to be proud of

^ I'll play

* Jaja - Sveta - Vika - Petra - Vera *
Marion - Flavia - Andrea - Alisa

Ralph214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote