Game organizers: Introduce your game! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #1
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Game organizers: Introduce your game!

There are more and more games on WTAWorld these days.
For a newbie, this might be very confusing or even daunting. And it's also lots of work to go through all the forums to find that game that you like best.
That's why I think we should have a thread where posters can find brief synopses of all the games.
If you like the idea, just put your introducation in this thread, and I will put them all into one post according to the order in the Games forum.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #2
country flag Hantuchova 4 ME

Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice Hantuchova 4 ME is just really nice
GAME NAME: Fantasy Hopman Cup Style with Unlimited Players:

BRIEF IDEA:
You pick both a women and a man tennis player and then there is a season like the normal season where they play matches against each other in all the different tournaments and you get prize money and points then you get ranked.

FORMAT:
Both the women play each other, then the men, and then followed by the mixed doubles.

HOW IT'S RUN:
You have 900 points to divide into lots of different categories and then we play matches by seeing who has a particular advantage in a certain catergory. The team who wins overall advances through to the next round.

PRO'S:
There are unlimited players. Unlike most games where's there's a cut-off and you can't get in. If there is more than 64 then there is qualifying and wildcards and so on.

MORE INFO:
Go to the thread where there is a lot of etail with this game and you can join anytime. Feel free to PM me any questions you've got.

|D'Express 0077|

Hantuchova = Goddess LOL!
Hantuchova 4 ME is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #3
country flag DoctorG
Team WTAworld
Moderator - Games

DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute DoctorG has a reputation beyond repute
*sticking the thread*
DoctorG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #4
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
BNTT - Barcode Numbers Tennis Tour

Organizer(s):

GoDominique

Who can join?

Open to all.
Unlimited number of players.
New players can join anytime.

What is it about?

The players compete in weekly tournaments against each other. They play "matches" with tennis-scoring. There's singles and doubles competition as well as rankings.
The players split a certain amount of points into six numbers between 0 and 9 (for each set) and pick a service/return profile. This information is used to determine match results.
Both tactics and luck are required to be successful.
The players play with their WTAWorld usernames.

How much time and effort is necessary to play it?

Players have to send new points every week = about 3 minutes a week.

Special features?
  • Consolation rounds: Each player has at least two matches per tournament.
  • Scoring based on the real "match", match stats and comments.
  • No commitment-threads. If you send points, you play.
  • Masters and Year-end tournaments with round-robin play.
  • Different "surfaces".

Last edited by GoDominique : Feb 5th, 2005 at 05:04 AM.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #5
country flag GoDominique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorG
*sticking the thread*
Thanks Doc.

Maybe we could agree on a common layout and structure.
It doesn't have to be the one that I used.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 09:36 AM   #6
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
Challenger Tour!

Play as a low ranked player (100+) and play in $10K, $25K, $50K and $75K events against other low ranked players! Divide 200 points into 4 surface strategies (Clay, Hard, Grass, Carpet) and divide however many points you have on that surface, into 3 tiebreak sets. Play doubles and chat with other players!

Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 10:19 AM   #7
country flag Alicia Rocks
Team WTAworld

Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute Alicia Rocks has a reputation beyond repute
I Am Trying To Get The Betting Game In The Forum Thingie Magiggy
But I Dont Know How

Can Someone Reply Asap

Olivia Rogowska ~ Na Li ~ Agnes Szavay ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Jessica Moore ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Kateryna Bondarenko ~ Monika Wejnert ~ Isabella Holland ~ Jarmila Groth ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Caroline Wozniacki ~ Olga Savchuk ~ Tzvetana Pironkova ~ Sorana Cirstea ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Arantxa Rus ~ Andrea Hlavackova ~ Sally Peers ~ Laura Robson
Alicia Rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #8
country flag tom2791

tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all
Tennis Stars Tour

An interesting game with a unique point system. Has very friendly members and a nice atmosphere. You can choose any player in the world, retired or with any rank. You play in real tournaments too!
We have 28 members so it would be nice seeing you there! We have alot of popular top 10 players still available too!

Tennis Stars Tour
tom2791 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #9
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute
WFTG: Women's Fantasy Tennis Game:

Each player has a fantasy team made up of WTA players. How ever good the players are, that is how good your team is. Sounds easy right, just pick the top players and you will win? Wrong, here's the twist. Every thing you do (every tournament you enter, every player you have) costs money. Each player starts out with $75,000. You use this money to buy players and enter tournaments.You get the same ranking pts, quality pts, and prize money as your players, depending on how well they do. Here is an example:
You bought Lindsay Davenport and she wins the Toray Pan Pacific Open. You get 300 pts. toward your ranking (just like she does) as well as any quality pts. she gets (i will figure it all out). You also get $189,000 in money to buy players and enter tournaments.

For the complete list of rules, click here
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #10
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

PAW (Pick-A-Winner)

Predictions are one of the fun things to do in life – there is no formula to follow, no rules to abide, just using your own instincts in picking the most wild or weird prediction. Now WTAWorld's premier game PAW allows WTA fans from across the globe to have their prediction skills rated against some odd 250 other players. As a PAW player, you are indeed like a WTA player, you will be traveling the PAW circuit each week playing many different tournaments. The game includes an overall 52 week ranking, race to the championships, fascinating stats, weekly tournament commentary, award voting, country threads that you are free to participate in and special events such as the Federation Cup and Hopman Cup. The game also gives you a fantastic opportunity to meet new WTAWorld members who are fellow PAW players – PAW Chats are a regularity on MSN.

Click here for RULES.
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 07:28 AM   #11
country flag Sharapova is hot

Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts Sharapova is hot is infamous around these parts
Lazy Women's Tennis Game

Rule:

Pick Winners from fantasy tournaments that I create and see who accurate and lucky you get at picking winners. It's that easy. Examples are in thread.
Sharapova is hot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 01:59 PM   #12
country flag Jessik2000

Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice Jessik2000 is just really nice
WTA Mail

For the one's who speak french, I've found a game about WTA players.

www.wtamail.fr.fm

The game is easy. You've got to choose a real player, then training her and let her play some tournament like gran slam or Fed Cup.

The season is like the real one.
Jessik2000 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 02:18 PM   #13
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute
WTA TOUR:

The Game

Organizer(s):

DADYO
PointBlank

What is it about?

Playing is fun and easy.

You must send in 2 seperate sets of points.
In the first set of points you must divide 50 points into 6 categories which are: SERVE, SPEED, VOLLEY, FOREHAND, BACKHAND, CONCENTRATION.
In the second set of points, you must divide 100 "Effort Points" into 13 games.
Then, you must select your dominant surface.

In each game of the match, I will take the amount of effort points you put into the game which is being played and sum those points to the points of a category which will be randomly selected. The player with more points wins that game.

How much time and effort is necessary to play it?

3 minutes every week.

Special features?
  • Plyer introductions and match statistics based on how players sent points in.
  • Li scoring for semi final and final matches.
  • WTA Tour: The Game Shop
Game Link: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=154205

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 03:13 AM   #14
country flag Cage

Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute
The Tennis Ranch!!!!!

A fun game and easy just split points its that easy!!!!

pleese join soon!!!
Cage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM   #15
country flag ClaudiaZ-S

ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute ClaudiaZ-S has a reputation beyond repute
WFC: Womens Fantasy Cup

What is WFC?

Womens Fantasy Cup is a game that is different from other games in this board. There will also be a Fantasy Season Schedule: 18 week schedule including the YEC. You can chioce a player ranked in the top 150 and players who have retired RECENTLY (e.g Hingis, Kournikova etc)

THE SCORING SYSTEM

All you just need to do is spread 1 to 13 into 13 parts for 3 sets

Example:

Venus Williams (USA) sent:
Set 1:13-6-2-3-8-10-1-4-11-5-7-9-12
Set 2:13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Set 3:1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13

Martina Hingis (SUI) sent:
Set 1:2-7-3-10-5-1-6-11-4-9-8-12-13
Set 2:9-6-11-2-3-8-1-12-5-13-4-7-10
Set 3:10-7-4-9-6-11-13-5-1-12-8-3-2

The score:

First Set

Williams –13
Hingis – 2
Therefore, 1-0 Williams

Williams –6
Hingis -7
1-1

Williams – 2
Hingis -3
2-1 Hingis

Williams - 3
Hingis - 10
3-1 Hingis

3-2 Hingis
3-3
4-3 Hingis
5-3 Hingis
5-4 Hingis
Game First Set: Martina Hingis

Martina Hingis leads Venus Williams 6-4

1-0 Williams
2-0 Williams
3-0 Williams
4-0 Williams
5-0 Williams
5-1Williams
5-2 Williams
Game Second Set: Venus Williams

Martina Hingis tied with Venus Williams 6-4 2-6

1-0Hingis
2-0 Hingis
3-0 Hingis
4-0 Hingis
5-0Hingis
Game,Set and Match: Martina Hingis

Martina Hingis (SUI) def. Venus Williams (USA) 6-4 2-6 6-0

IF both players sent the same point in that particular game, there’ll be coin-toss

Hope everything is ok! PM with questions

So please sign up

Farina Elia Fan & ClaudiaZ
Quel prix de mon amour! Il craint des pleurs qu'il m'oblige à répandre . Insensible au feu le plus tendre dont un coeur ait brûlé jamais , quand mes soupirs ne peuvent suspendre l'injustice de ses projets . Il fuit pour ne les pas entendre.

(July 4th, 1994 - August 5th, 2009) I love you so much... I miss you so...
Mary Pierce Brenda Schultz McCarthy Naomi Cavaday Elena Baltacha Kelly Liggan
Andy Murray Olivier Patience Alexander Slabinsky Lucky Tim
ClaudiaZ-S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote