Seems Sesil knows how to be humble. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #1
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
Seems Sesil knows how to be humble.

i was impressed by these statements

---
http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stor...le_5853_rx.asp

The teenager from Bulgaria also extended much credit to Schnyder's phenomenal play after the match.

"She was just on her game today," Karatantcheva said. "I don't think I played bad, but she wouldn't let me do much. I could have done some things differently and maybe done a little better, but today was her day."

---

i thought people said she was unbelievably arrogant etc. seems she has matured if so.

great hear that it was patty playing great as well!!
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:55 PM   #2
country flag glamorama

glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice glamorama is just really nice
I've never seen any statements from Sesil where she refused to give credit. Even after the infamous Sharapova match, this is what she said -

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Hey, she played unbelievable. I have to give her the credit. She played very well. You know, I mean, I did everything I could. In fact, I could have played better. But, you know what, that's my first bigger tournament. I'm 14. I have probably 30 years more in front of me. We'll play again someday. I hope I'll do better then. But she played good. You know, I played good, too. So I guess she just played better.

Sesil's mouthy and bratty, but gracious as well. Shows you can be both.
glamorama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM   #3
country flag pla

pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute pla has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamorama
I've never seen any statements from Sesil where she refused to give credit. Even after the infamous Sharapova match, this is what she said -

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Hey, she played unbelievable. I have to give her the credit. She played very well. You know, I mean, I did everything I could. In fact, I could have played better. But, you know what, that's my first bigger tournament. I'm 14. I have probably 30 years more in front of me. We'll play again someday. I hope I'll do better then. But she played good. You know, I played good, too. So I guess she just played better.

Sesil's mouthy and bratty, but gracious as well. Shows you can be both.
It's true- she always gives credit.

But what I was impressed was her reaction during the Likhovtseva match. Apprently, she took Lena's side against the umpire while he(she?!) gave Lena a point penalty cause she was taking to much time to recover from the heat. This is an attitude I apreciate a lot comming from any player and even more from a 15 year old girl.
pla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #4
PatM04

PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future PatM04 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pla
It's true- she always gives credit.

But what I was impressed was her reaction during the Likhovtseva match. Apprently, she took Lena's side against the umpire while he(she?!) gave Lena a point penalty cause she was taking to much time to recover from the heat. This is an attitude I apreciate a lot comming from any player and even more from a 15 year old girl.
Wow! Seems she really wants to work for what she wants and not to have it on a silver platter.

www.tiffanydabek.com
www.saraevans.com
PatM04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #5
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
She's nice, I hope she's able to harness her game against the top players. Should make for interesting matches.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #6
country flag JenFan75

JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future
I was kinda hoping she would talk shit...that's what I like about her.
JenFan75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #7
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFan75
I was kinda hoping she would talk shit...that's what I like about her.
Here is one of THE SESILATOR`s classics.

Q: Some compared you to Anna Kournikova - is that flattering you?

A: Once they even mistook me for Kournikova while I was doing my practice. I am okay with that, although the fist time they compared me to her I thought, "Am I really such a bad player?"
TFan1156 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #8
country flag Martian Willow
Team WTAworld

Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute Martian Willow has a reputation beyond repute
I just hope she doesn't end up as boring as Maria.
Martian Willow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #9
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future TFan1156 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
I just hope she doesn't end up as boring as Maria.
Do not worry. They just gave her some tactfulness training, but down inside she remains THE SESILATOR...
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 10:45 PM   #10
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
She is more mature than you think. It is just that one or two comments which make her look arrogant.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 10:47 PM   #11
country flag *roddicksinme*

*roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute *roddicksinme* has a reputation beyond repute
Sesil is a great gal......she is easily one of the nicest players I have ever met.....go Sesil
Pierce Petrova Frazier Smashnova Tulyaganova Davenport Jankovic Fonseca Capriati Clijsters Golovin Hingis Sharapova Peer Chakvetadze Shaughnessy Schiavone Schnyder Molik Zvonareva Castano Sequera Garbin Kuznetsova Mirza Sprem Tanasugarn Rampre Gallovits Gullickson Uberois Granville Suarez Ruano Czink
*roddicksinme* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 10:48 PM   #12
vogus

vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute
Sesil's remarks before got blown way out of proportion IMO. Players often get reputations for being arrogant when it isn't really so. And the reverse is also true, players who are supposedly "nice" can in fact be quite arrogant (just look at Patty for an example). The truth is, all the pro tennis players have elements of both in their personality - it's never just black and white, "this one's nice and this one's arrogant". Their behavior depends on the situation.
vogus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 11:30 PM   #13
country flag TFan1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogus
Sesil's remarks before got blown way out of proportion IMO. Players often get reputations for being arrogant when it isn't really so. And the reverse is also true, players who are supposedly "nice" can in fact be quite arrogant (just look at Patty for an example). The truth is, all the pro tennis players have elements of both in their personality - it's never just black and white, "this one's nice and this one's arrogant". Their behavior depends on the situation.
This is all right on the mark. Also depends on the mood they happen to be in as well... But, I actually believe tennis could stand more show, hype, controversy, in order to attract a wider audience and bring more money into the sport.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 05:18 AM   #14
country flag Prizeidiot

Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute
What did Sesil say that was so bad? This is the first I've heard...

By the way, the quote she made about people mistaking her for Kournikova is GOLD!!!
Prizeidiot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 07:47 AM   #15
country flag greenfunkTHREE.

greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFan1156
Here is one of THE SESILATOR`s classics.

Q: Some compared you to Anna Kournikova - is that flattering you?

A: Once they even mistook me for Kournikova while I was doing my practice. I am okay with that, although the fist time they compared me to her I thought, "Am I really such a bad player?"
anna's a good doubles player isn't she??

Anastasia Myskina my NO.1 favourite.
Daniela Hantuchova super eyecandy!
Emilie Loit heartbreaker.
Alize Cornet she's just 15!
Elena Dementieva pretty!
Amelie Mauresmo idol!
Svetlana Kuznetsova so fuckable! ps. She was never ugly!!

All the best to:
Nathalie Dechy, Caroline Wozniacki, Justine Henin-Hardenne,
Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Kirilenko,
Marion Bartoli, Aravane Rezai, Dinara Safina,
Victoria Azarenka, Olga Poutchkova
and all the other pretty players!

I like these players because they are HAWT HAWT HAWT!

Clémence Poésy
greenfunkTHREE. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote