Dementieva in the final of Watson Water (Vaidisova withdrew) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #1
country flag Vee Williams

Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future
Dementieva in the final of Watson Water (Vaidisova withdrew)

The 15-year-old Vaidisova withdrew from the tournament with gastroenteritis, giving Dementieva an automatic passage to the final.

"I am very disappointed. This was such a good opportunity to compete against so many top players. I really wanted to play, but sadly I just cannot make it," said the teenager, who felt unwell Thursday morning.
Vee Williams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #2
Ruski

Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice
Poor Nicole!!!
As she said, its definitely a disappointment to miss this great opportunity to challenge herself!!!

Get Well soon!!!

Good Luck in the final, my girl Alyona!!!

This Girl has the Look! This Girl has the Body!

This Girl has the Talent! This Girl has the Character!
Ruski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #3
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, so that's why V&S had to play a full doubles match an
not a pro-set like the others had to.

This doubles was a replacement.

I guess they'll play a pro-set later on.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM   #4
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
It is only week one and so far the injuries and illness continue
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #5
country flag akosijepoy

akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuke
Oh, so that's why V&S had to play a full doubles match an
not a pro-set like the others had to.

This doubles was a replacement.

I guess they'll play a pro-set later on.
Yepp...it was awfully nice of Vera to play doubles too...
akosijepoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #6
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by akosijepoy
Yepp...it was awfully nice of Vera to play doubles too...
Yeah!
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #7
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
why Nicole?

LenaD
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #8
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Nicole
Go Lena!

Thank you for those 10 years
Vamos Feńa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #9
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry about Vaidišová... but even sorrier for Maria Sharapova, who needed Vaidišová to beat Dementieva to have any chance of qualifying for the final!

So who will Maria play on Friday instead of Vaidišová?

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/shara/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sizzlingsharapova/
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #10
country flag 10nisfanofruz

10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all 10nisfanofruz is a name known to all
Too bad that Nicole can't play. I also feel sorry for Masha that she doesn't get the chance to be in final.
Congrat! Elena anyway and I hope she wins this.
10nisfanofruz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #11
Ruski

Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice
Oh yes, great for Vera who get a second chance to play the doubles, and now into the final with Alyona!!!

Not sure whether Serena will take part in tomorrow's doubles, as the media has said that she will only take part in one doubles match with Venus!!???

Also, will Maria get another singles match? or that's it for her? She can play a singles match with a replacement.... maybe Vera again??? or ASV??

This Girl has the Look! This Girl has the Body!

This Girl has the Talent! This Girl has the Character!
Ruski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #12
country flag Paneru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruski

Not sure whether Serena will take part in tomorrow's doubles, as the media has said that she will only take part in one doubles match with Venus!!???
Yeah, but this was done as a favor
for the tournament organizers.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:08 PM   #13
country flag katiektc

katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute
Gastroenteritis?! poor nicole. i hope she didnt try some unknown Hong Kong cuisine
katiektc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #14
country flag Natasc

Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute Natasc has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck to Lena and Bepa!!
Natasc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #15
VeraNuVirgosFan

VeraNuVirgosFan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbroad
I'm sorry about Vaidišová... but even sorrier for Maria Sharapova, who needed Vaidišová to beat Dementieva to have any chance of qualifying for the final![/font]
But it's very unlikely that Nicole would be able to beat Lena D. Therefore Lena would have been in the Final anyway whether Nicole withdraws or not.

YVera Brezhneva
of Nu Virgos * ВИА-Гра
Vera – You are my #1!! Я тебя так благодарна!!

* Maша Sharapova * Nicole V * Venus * Лена Dementieva * K-Lina Šprem *
VeraNuVirgosFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote