Australia out, no surprise! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 06:52 AM   #1
country flag Huntress555

Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of
Australia out, no surprise!

If anyone cares Mark is too injured to continue playing so Australia can no longer contend to be in the finals. HOwever they will still play USA tomorrow to determine who out of the rest of group B goes into the finals. THey have a replacement for Mark, a young player - Paul Baccanello, from Western AUstralia.
Mark said at the press conference it was torn muscles or somthing, and then he went on to attack the media which is always entertaining.

So yea aus vs USA will be played tomorrow, but no mark, and aus can in no way make it to finals!

Casey Dellacqua
:: Sharapova :: Jankovic :: Safarova :: Vaidisova :: Ivanovic ::

|| Dellacqua || Adamczak || Dokic || Ferguson || Wheeler || Stosur || Moore ||
and all the other Aussie girls and guys!

Official Commentator of Don't knock the Dok

Last edited by Huntress555 : Jan 6th, 2005 at 07:07 AM.
Huntress555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #2
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
We should of had Lleyton Hewitt or at least Wayne Arthurs.

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:01 AM   #3
country flag Huntress555

Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of Huntress555 has much to be proud of
Well Lleyton got injured last year at the hopman, it seems to be some sort of australian curse ...

Casey Dellacqua

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #4
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Good practice for Bacca!
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:12 AM   #5
country flag Huntress555

I've never seen this Paul Baccanello play. I wonder what he's like?

Casey Dellacqua

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:19 AM   #6
country flag hayden_tennis

hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice
bacca is a good playa definitely on the up!
hayden_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:25 AM   #7
country flag Huntress555

Good to hear!! Blakes a great player though..
I'm just happy Alicia didnt have to miss out on her last singles match, good practice for the aus open.

Casey Dellacqua

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:29 AM   #8
country flag 2284

2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice 2284 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress555
Well Lleyton got injured last year at the hopman, it seems to be some sort of australian curse ...
It was only a very minor injury and he continued to play. It was Alicia who retired last year...and we all know the Lleyton chicken-pox story...but honestly, I don't think Mark's injury made a difference to our Hopman Cup chances. He said himself that he was not expecting to play well at this stage of the year
2284 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #9
country flag Huntress555

Yeah, but still with what happened today, all of group B would have gone in with even chances tomorrow, 3 mathes won each, and 3 matches lost each. We would have had a chance. Who knows?

Anyways i'm just saying minor or major we always manage to get injuries lol it just happens!!

Casey Dellacqua

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 11:11 AM   #10
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Lleytons wasn't that bad though.

he went straight from Perth and won Sydney
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #11
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future
Paul Baccanello is 25-years-old from Adelaide and is ranked 140. He's Australia's fifth highest ranked male player in the world but is a journeyman who mainly plays the ITF challenger circuit. In 2003, he qualified for Wimbledon and won a round before losing to Lleyton Hewitt's conqueror, Ivo Karlovic. He will be fodder for James Blake in singles, but he might be able to hold his own in the mixed doubles. Alicia Molik needs to beat Meghann Shaughnessy in straight sets, and the Aussies need to take a set in the mixed doubles to prevent USA from qualifying for the final. On the other court, the Slovaks need to either clean sweep to ensure they reach the final or win at least 5 sets, which would ensure them a win and a berth in the final against Argentina.

As for Mark Philippoussis, I felt sorry for him at first. An injury is both painful to the body of a sportsman and painful to the hip pocket. Secondly, the "fans" were not exactly pleased to hear that he had withdrawn from the Hopman Cup again and were quite mean-spirited about their disappointment.

However, after throwing a tanty at the media, I think Mark Philippoussis needs to stop being delusional and get on with his tennis. If he thinks waging a war with the media is the best step to take then good luck to him because he needs all the support he can get right now and he's just done the dirty on the people who can offer him that public empathy. He says that his tennis doesn't effect anyone but himself. That's also correct, but then why isn't he putting any pressure on himself to perform at his best? He needs someone to handle his PR because he's just not very good at it. His best course of action would be to have just admitted that 2004 was a whitewash and that he was looking to work on his tennis and improve on his form for 2005. That way, he's happy and everyone else is happy and he can go home and happily fuck all the teenagers he wants. He needs to stop being an asshole.
"Tell us Rafa, what else do you do with your right hand?" - Todd Woodbridge
"I have a pain here, in my famous ass" - Rafael Nadal

Come visit me at: www.myspace.com/als_myspace_page
Fantastic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #12
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
at least we should have a good match with Alicia and Meghann...go USA!
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #13
country flag hayden_tennis

hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice hayden_tennis is just really nice
the mens match will be competitive too. should be blake in straight sets tho but will be quite entertaining as bacca has nothing to lose and u can garantee he will put in 100%
hayden_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 11:20 PM   #14
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Netherland, Slovaks and USA are on 1-1 wins/defeats...

If Slovaks and USA wins today, who goes in final
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 01:26 AM   #15
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
Unlucky for the Slovaks that they had to play Aus with Mark. The USA get Aus with Baccanello which will be easier, and could be the difference between making the final or not. Baccanello was out for most of last year due to osteitis pubis so he isnt back to his best and I dont think he will win anything.
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote