Annabell Ellwood - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 02:59 AM   #1
country flag theklein

theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of theklein has much to be proud of
Annabell Ellwood

She was the first player i saw play tennis at Hopman Cup where she beat Svensson. How does she play
theklein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:05 AM   #2
country flag ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N

~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of ~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N has much to be proud of
she retired like 3 years ago.

M a R t I n A H i N g I S

M i R j A n A L u C i C
~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:06 AM   #3
country flag JenFan75

JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future
Why are you asking how she plays when you've seen her play already?
JenFan75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 03:07 AM   #4
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Single handed backhand.
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 05:19 AM   #5
Penne1

Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all Penne1 is a name known to all
She is still involved in Aussie tennis - recently she was part of a 3 person panel who decided on the new Fed Cup captain for Australia.

Can't say I agree with her/their decision though ...
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #6
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
john alexander is a prick but he does know what he is doing. he has a lot of power and maybe women's tennis need someone like that.

ellwood was good for a while then played poorly then retired. it was weird.

i served her pasta once when i was working at a pasta shop after school
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #7
country flag Fantastic

Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future Fantastic has a brilliant future
Annabel Ellwood plays very badly. It was always a laugh watching her spindly arms try not to bend backwards after hitting a backhand or forehand return from someone like a Mary Pierce.
"Tell us Rafa, what else do you do with your right hand?" - Todd Woodbridge
"I have a pain here, in my famous ass" - Rafael Nadal

Come visit me at: www.myspace.com/als_myspace_page
Fantastic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 01:14 AM   #8
country flag bello

bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold
she had a lot of potential...probablyt the most talented of the list of aussies in the 90s that werent successful making a good transition from junior elites to pro elite players.....

eg...Lisa McShea, Joanne Limmer, Annabel Ellwood, Siobham Drake Brockman, Trudi Musgrave.....etc.........

MONICA SELES~NANCY FEBER~ROMINA OPRANDI~ADRIANA SERRA ZANETTI~SERENA WILLIAMS~MIRJANA LUCIC

Rossana De Los Rios ~ Alicia Molik ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Trudi Musgrave ~ Francesca Schiavone ~Tatiana Golovin ~ Maria Vento-Kabchi ~ Anna Kournikova ~ Chanda Rubin ~ Brenda Schultz-McCarthy ~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~ Monica Niculescu ~ Sania Mirza ~ Cindy Watson ~ Patty Schnyder ~ Ashley Harkleroad ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Barbora Strykova ~ Barbara Schwartz ~ Maria Emilia Salerni ~ Tsvetana Pironkova ~ Lisa McShea ~ Jelena Dokic ~ Iroda Tulyaganova
bello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #9
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
She's still quite young....just 26. She was pretty decent technically, but her lack of power and aggression made it tough for her against the higher ranked girls.

She still managed to get some pretty respectable results in her career
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #10
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Fantastic. Ellwood really buckled under the power of the top 50 girls. I thought Ellwood was a reasonable player but she was of a thin build and never bulked up or became really fit..... she really lacked any sting in any of her shots thus she was a very mediocre player...
i have seen much more talented girls out there. I can imagine she was consistent/calm enough to become a good junior, but when push came to shove and she played the pro-girls she would never do any damage.
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #11
Postcard

Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold
There's an article about Annabel in today's Canberra Times (Fri 7 Jan 05).

She's apparently working for Tennis Australia in a 'mothering' role - it's like being a surrogate coach and she's guiding the Australian players through the tourament. Her role is to provide support and fine tuning and to communicate with absent coaches.

I think that it's an EXCELLENT idea. Being on the tour must be an incredibly lonely and isolating experience. And Annabel has always seemed to be a lovely person.
Postcard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote