Capriati Questionable for Australia - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #1
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Capriati Questionable for Australia

THE Australian Open's women's event looks like being won by the last woman standing, with dual Melbourne Park champion Jennifer Capriati now in doubt with a shoulder injury.

Capriati's right shoulder has not improved since soreness forced her to drop out of an exhibition charity match in Florida on December 17 against Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova. The powerful American, ranked 10th in the world, will make a decision by Saturday on whether to take up her place in the Medibank Private International, starting in Sydney on Sunday.

Open title contenders Serena Williams and Amelie Mauresmo both have abdominal strains which forced them to withdraw from matches in a Hong Kong exhibition which started yesterday and have no further appearances booked before the Australian Open starts on Monday week.

The Sydney event has a strong women's entry with four women ranked higher than Capriati engaged at Homebush Bay - world No.1 Lindsay Davenport, French Open champion Anatasia Myksina, Australian Open winner Justine Henin-Hardenne and world No.6 Elena Dementieva, runner-up at the French and US Opens.

Even if the elite women play the Australian Open, its two-week format will be a punishing examination for many of them, including Henin-Hardenne, who will be scrutinised closely in Sydney on her return from a four-month tournament absence while she recovered from a virus.

Kim Clijsters, who fell 20 ranking places during 2004 due to wrist surgery, decided on Tuesday not to ask for a wildcard for the Australian Open and will fall out of the top 30 because she will relinquish runner-up ranking points.

Tennis legend Martina Navratilova said the injuries befalling the top women in recent months was "beyond belief".

Davenport and No.2 Mauresmo are the only players to have been ranked in the top five at the end of both 2003 and 2004, with Henin-Hardenne falling from No.1 to No.7, Clijsters from No.2 to No.22 and Serena Williams from third to seventh.

Of the established queens of the game overthrown last year by Russians Myskina, Sharapova and Svetlana Kuznetsova in places No.3 to No.5, Capriati fell from sixth to 10th and Venus Williams edged back from No.11 to her current ranking of ninth.

"We have seen the top 10 decimated. It's a combination of many factors, like some of them playing too much tennis at an early age, not having a long enough off-season and not taking off enough time between tournaments," Navratilova said.

Capriati, popular in Australia for her 2001-02 Australian Open double and her well-documented growing pains as a precocious elite athlete, had a poor finish to the year after the intense disappointment of missing out on her best chance to win a US Open last September.

After beating Serena Williams in the quarters in New York, Capriati lost a deciding-set tiebreak against Dementieva in the semi-finals, the third time she had been tipped out of her national championship.
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #2
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute
not like she was gona win anyway
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #3
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
Jen has been extremely unlucky with the AO since she won it in 2002. In 2003 still recovering from eye surgery lost to panova, last year she didn't make and now this year. This in unbelievable!
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #4
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
For the love of pete - it's an ABDUCTOR strain, not ABDOMINAL strain that Amélie supposedly has

That said, sorry about Jen I wanna see everyone healthy and in Melbourne

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #5
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
Jenny
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #6
Ruski

Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice Ruski is just really nice
Jen lost to Marlene Weingartner in 2003 AO 1st round!!!
It is unlucky for her if she can't make it the second year in a row!!!

This Girl has the Look! This Girl has the Body!

This Girl has the Talent! This Girl has the Character!
Ruski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #7
country flag wateva

wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute
jenny... too bad... kim too...

For the latest match previews and analysis, follow my blog: http://wonderfulwta.blogspot.com/
wateva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #8
country flag serenafan08

serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute serenafan08 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Molik
Exactly.

5 AO ('03, '05, '07, '09, '10), 2 FO ('02, '13)
5 WBN ('02, '03, '09, '10, '12), 6 USO ('99, '02, '08, '12, '13, '14)
serenafan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #9
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute
Jen, please get healthy - I can't watch another Grand Slam without you
S-T-E-V-E is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 04:18 PM   #10
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Well,there gonna be 127 girls in the draw that won't win. Sure would be a bore if they didn't compete though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Molik
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #11
country flag VeeReeDavJCap81

VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute
It won't be the same without Jen. What's happening to our American elite???? Serena, Venus, Lindsay, Jen, Chanda...best wishes to all of ya
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #12
gourownway

gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice gourownway is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenafan08
Exactly.
Way to be original and jump on that band wagon.
gourownway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #13
country flag sartrista7
Registered 1

sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeReeDavJCap81
It won't be the same without Jen. What's happening to our American elite???? Serena, Venus, Lindsay, Jen, Chanda...best wishes to all of ya
There are still people who haven't caught on...

The elite is no longer American. Keep up.
sartrista7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 05:01 PM   #14
country flag RedFilaJ-Cap#1

RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold
Damn it this sucks so bad!!! I hope her shoulder gets better fast!!!

As for all you asses Jen can win because do you remember how well she did last year in the slams she played in?

The Americans can't be the elite if they are always hurt. If they all recover they will be back trust me!!!!
Jelena Jankovic #1 and the BOMB DOT COM

Co Founder of the JJ Crew!!!:
:

Proud to be one of Jen's Hell's Angels!!!:
RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #15
country flag XaDavK_Kapri

XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute
How do you know she wasn't gonna win anyway ? That's not a very smart comment That sucks... If all the players that are questionnable pull out, it's gonna be once again a very boring slam!
XaDavK_Kapri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote