Age Restrictions - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:53 PM   #1
country flag pinkfrog

pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future
Cool Age Restrictions

Does anyone know how many tournemants you can enter if you're 16, and how many if you're 17? I think 17 is 22, but I'm not sure. And I tried looking on the WTA web site, but couldn't find it in the 2005 rules.
Thanks!
pinkfrog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:34 PM   #2
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
16 means 14 tournament. Can somebody confirm this?
SilK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:01 PM   #3
country flag pinkfrog

pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future pinkfrog has a brilliant future
I just check Tatiana Golivin's tournies from last year and she's already played in 15, and she doesn't turn 17 until January 25th. So now I'm even more confused about the age restriction.
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM   #4
Whatzup

Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold Whatzup is a splendid one to behold
If you can enter in a Grand Slam directly with your own rankings than those won't count.. so from Roland Garros Tati could enter those Grand Slams with her own ranking.. so she could/can play 14 + 3 = 17 tournaments.. tough I'm not sure!

Sexy Girl AnnA KournikovA

Whatzup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:12 PM   #5
country flag ae wowww

ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of
If you look in Alex Stevenson's thread, I put an article where it mentioned how many she could play.
Natasha Khan - Tatiana Perebiynis - Lucie Safarova - Kelly Liggan - Maria Sharapova - Andrea Petkovic - Anna Smith - Jie Zheng - Jelena Dokic - Francesca Schiavone - Kim Clijsters - Tamira Paszek - Iveta Benesova - Cara Black - Jane O'Donoghue - Alicia Molik - Elena Bovina - Emily Webley-Smith - Emma Laine - Casey Dellacqua - Patty Schnyder - Carly Gullickson - Caroline Wozniacki - Jennifer Russell - Jelena Jankovic - Trudi Musgrave - Nicole Vaidisova - Anna Chakvetadze - Pemra Ozgen - Shuai Peng - Bryanne Stewart - Alexandra Stevenson - Abigail Spears - Sania Mirza - Irina Bulykina - Tatiana Golovin - Jill Craybas - Bethanie Mattek

Anastassia Rodionova
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:27 PM   #6
country flag pinkfrog

ok, thanks guys
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:41 PM   #7
country flag Atrixo

Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of
For 2005,

16-year olds may enter 11 WTA/ITF tournaments + Grand Slams (if qualified by ranking) + Championships. They can also apply in writing to the WTA for permission to play in an additional 2 tournaments. Total = 18 max.

17-year olds may enter 15 WTA/ITF tournaments + Grand Slams (if qualified by ranking) + Championships. They can also apply in writing to the WTA for permission to play an additional 1 tournament. Total = 21 max.

Hope this helps you out.
Atrixo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:18 PM   #8
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrixo
For 2005,

16-year olds may enter 11 WTA/ITF tournaments + Grand Slams (if qualified by ranking) + Championships. They can also apply in writing to the WTA for permission to play in an additional 2 tournaments. Total = 18 max.

17-year olds may enter 15 WTA/ITF tournaments + Grand Slams (if qualified by ranking) + Championships. They can also apply in writing to the WTA for permission to play an additional 1 tournament. Total = 21 max.

Hope this helps you out.
Atrixo, 16-17 years olds have to make into Top 50 in order to apply in writing for permission to play 2-1 additional tournaments respectively.

0011..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
~SunFlower~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:54 PM   #9
country flag Atrixo

Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of Atrixo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
Atrixo, 16-17 years olds have to make into Top 50 in order to apply in writing for permission to play 2-1 additional tournaments respectively.
You're right, Sharky! I forgot that little tidbit.
Atrixo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:55 PM   #10
country flag Pamela Shriver

Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute Pamela Shriver has a reputation beyond repute
People told me that there should be age restrictions when I married George.
~I Loves My George but not that skanky Lazenby granddad~This game has gone to DOOSE~~I won the Olympic Gold~~The BEST commentator~~My vowels rulez the air~~ Ping-Pong Pam~~Style Guru: The Pamfro, Voted Hairstyle of the Yr 1983~~Click here to see my fantastic web site created by my adoring 'fan'
Pamela Shriver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:21 PM   #11
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Shriver
People told me that there should be age restrictions when I married George.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote