Krasnoroutskaya wins on her return - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:19 AM   #1
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of
Krasnoroutskaya wins on her return

Lina K has beaten A.Kapros of Hungary R1 in New Zealand 7-6 (5) 6-1. First match in 5 months after 04 season dogged with illness and injury. Well done Lina!
The tourny web-site talks of Lina having the pedigree to come back - lets hope so. CONGRATS!!
David Barker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:30 AM   #2
country flag Prizeidiot

Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute Prizeidiot has a reputation beyond repute
HEYA!!!! That's tops. Good on her, I'm so happy she's just been able to play some tennis without injury or passport troubles. Winning is a bonus.

I may have gone wrong backing Dechy to win at the Gold Coast but maybe it'll even out. I'm standing by my tip on the miracle! (Lina to take out her first tournament back)
Prizeidiot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:32 AM   #3
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute
Поздравляю с победой Лина
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:35 AM   #4
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
Lina!

I hope she can become the next big Russian in 2005. Together with Kirilenko!
Hope Lina can have a succesful comeback!
SilK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:51 AM   #5
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Wildcard storms through
Jan 3, 2005
By Dale Budge at the ASB Bank Tennis Centre in Auckland

Russian wildcard entry Lina Krasnoroutskaya stormed past Hungary's Aniko Kapros to record a straight sets 7-6 (7-5) 6-1 victory at the ASB Classic on Monday afternoon.

Krasnoroutskaya, who won the wildcard into the tournament in somewhat controversial circumstances ahead of Kiwi Shelley Stephens, moved into the second round after a tight first set.

After winning the tie-break, Krasnoroutskaya breezed through the second set in well under half an hour to claim the match.

Both players held serve through the early stages of the opening set, neither really troubled by the opposition's returns despite both being less than dominant servers.

It looked as though Krasnoroutskaya would take the first set after breaking Kapros in the sixth game of the set but the Hungarian bounced back to win the next three games.

Krasnoroutskaya claimed the 10th game but then was broken by Kapros who then served for the set.

But Krasnoroutskaya broke once more and the set went to a tie-break - the first of the tournament.

The Russian claimed the tie-break 7-5 and went one-set up.

She started the second set well, breaking Kapros in the opening game before holding to go 2-0 up. She broke again in the third and held in the fourth before Kapros finally managed to hit the ball over the net to claim the fifth game.

Krasnoroutskaya rounded out the match by breaking Kapros for a third time in the set.

Source: One Sport

well done Lina
now for the next victim
just stay fit and healthy please
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:53 AM   #6
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute
i'm really pleased for krasnoroutskaya- she definitely deserves a good start

hope to see her rise up the rankings quickly soon
jimbo mack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:29 AM   #7
country flag Lemonskin.

Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute
Good on her
grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-
kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
Lemonskin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:59 AM   #8
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Lina

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:12 AM   #9
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
Pleasantly surprised. Even though A. Kapros's an up and down player. Didn't expect Lina to win that easily esp. after such a longtime without playing tourneys.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:18 AM   #10
country flag SilK

SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute SilK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Krasnoroutskaya, who won the wildcard into the tournament in somewhat controversial circumstances ahead of Kiwi Shelley Stephens, moved into the second round after a tight first set.
Can somebody tell me what was controversial about the circumstances?
SilK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:20 AM   #11
country flag Vincent

Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future Vincent has a brilliant future
Oh yes, that's the way! Congrats Lina! Show us that you are one of the great Russian contenders!

Vincent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:24 AM   #12
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil.As.If
Can somebody tell me what was controversial about the circumstances?
i'm guessing it would be a russian who is hardly a draw card for the general public getting a wild card over a kiwi.

definitely better for the tournament to give her a go though. she is probably the best player in the draw playing well.
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:05 PM   #13
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
way to go Lina!! , i'm really pleased and happy about this win , hopefully you can go far in this tourney and be able to crack the top 100 again!!!

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:36 PM   #14
country flag Muffin the Mule

Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold Muffin the Mule is a splendid one to behold
Congrats to Lina

Hope she can stay healthy as she's a Top 20 player at least
Muffin the Mule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:01 PM   #15
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute