Can anyone verify this comment? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:24 AM   #1
country flag icequeen

icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all
Can anyone verify this comment?

This is what someone from Thailand said on another board:

Hi all,

This is my first time to post on this board but I have been reading for a couple of years now. Anyway, I'm from Thailand and I'm a VERY BIG Williams fan. Venus arrived in Thailand last night at about 11 pm ( Thailand time) I'm very angry with the media here. They]re constantly talking about Maria and hardly mention Venus.

They also say that Maria's very fussy because she requires lots of things but they don't mind because Maria is beautiful. The media in Thailand calls her 'Angel Maria' As for Venus, they say that she's very easy going and down to earth. They say that Venus can't behave like Maria cos Venus's black and not beautiful.!!! ( I swear they said this on TV!!!) and it made me really really angry.

Maria is also paid almost 4 times more than Venus. Anyway, sorry for my English as it's not my first language. And I'll keep you guys updated very soon.

I thought it was pretty funny
icequeen is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:27 AM   #2
country flag Angel_Mars

Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts Angel_Mars is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen

Hi all,

This is my first time to post on this board but I have been reading for a couple of years now. Anyway, I'm from Thailand and I'm a VERY BIG Williams fan. Venus arrived in Thailand last night at about 11 pm ( Thailand time) I'm very angry with the media here. They]re constantly talking about Maria and hardly mention Venus.

They also say that Maria's very fussy because she requires lots of things but they don't mind because Maria is beautiful. The media in Thailand calls her 'Angel Maria' As for Venus, they say that she's very easy going and down to earth. They say that Venus can't behave like Maria cos Venus's black and not beautiful.!!! ( I swear they said this on TV!!!) and it made me really really angry.

Maria is also paid almost 4 times more than Venus. Anyway, sorry for my English as it's not my first language. And I'll keep you guys updated very soon.

This sounds like either total BS, or just typical sh*t stirring by the media to attempt to create controversy................
Angel_Mars is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:29 AM   #3
country flag icequeen

icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Mars
This sounds like either total BS, or just typical sh*t stirring by the media to attempt to create controversy................
Couldn't agree more.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:42 AM   #4
country flag SzavayFi
4 8 15 16 23 42

SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute SzavayFi has a reputation beyond repute
Thats extreamly retarted. Venus is beautiful waht are they talking about.
SzavayFi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:43 AM   #5
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like it could be a case of acute blondewhorshipitis
pav is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:15 AM   #6
country flag greenfunkTHREE.

greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future greenfunkTHREE. has a brilliant future
sounds racist to me.
They say that Venus can't behave like Maria cos Venus's black and not beautiful.!!!

Anastasia Myskina my NO.1 favourite.
Daniela Hantuchova super eyecandy!
Emilie Loit heartbreaker.
Alize Cornet she's just 15!
Elena Dementieva pretty!
Amelie Mauresmo idol!
Svetlana Kuznetsova so fuckable! ps. She was never ugly!!

All the best to:
Nathalie Dechy, Caroline Wozniacki, Justine Henin-Hardenne,
Maria Sharapova, Ana Ivanovic, Maria Kirilenko,
Marion Bartoli, Aravane Rezai, Dinara Safina,
Victoria Azarenka, Olga Poutchkova
and all the other pretty players!

I like these players because they are HAWT HAWT HAWT!

Clémence Poésy
greenfunkTHREE. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:26 AM   #7
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Quote:

Hi all,

Being a black person, I would not be surprised if what you said was true. I have found many Asians (in the US) to be colorstruck and bigoted.

As far as the money is concerned, if what you said is true, Maria needs the money more than Venus probably does. Also, if what you reported is true, I hope this is Venus' first and last time at this exebition.

Last edited by lizchris : Jan 2nd, 2005 at 03:43 AM.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:30 AM   #8
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
I seriously doubt Venus would allow a situation where she is paid a lot less than someone else. Now about the media comments who knows.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:40 AM   #9
country flag icequeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
Being a black person, I would not be surprised if what you said was true. I have found many Asians (in the US) to be colostruck and bigoted.
As far as the money is concerned, if what you said is true, Maria needs the money more than Venus probably does. Also, if what you reported is true, I hope this is Venus' first and last time at this exebition.
I have notice that also. The come to this country and automatically look down on black people and think they are better.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:41 AM   #10
country flag icequeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
I seriously doubt Venus would allow a situation where she is paid a lot less than someone else. Now about the media comments who knows.
She sure as hell would not allow that to happen. Venus is bigger in terms of being a celebrity, more established and better than Maria any day.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:44 AM   #11
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Vesus IS very nice (had a chance to meet her and to briefly chat)... As is Maria. I have met her couple of year ago and she was very nice. I can't believe that she could change THAT much.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:45 AM   #12
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Quote:
I have notice that also. The come to this country and automatically look down on black people and think they are better.
That's because many believe what white people tell them.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:48 AM   #13
country flag icequeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
That's because many believe what white people tell them.
So true. A lot of them cannot think for themselves. They think everything the white man say is gospel. So sad.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:54 AM   #14
country flag lizchris

Red face

Quote:
So true. A lot of them cannot think for themselves. They think everything the white man say is gospel. So sad.
Unfortunately, there are many blacks who think the same way, especially those who immigrate to America.

Last edited by lizchris : Jan 2nd, 2005 at 04:08 AM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:03 AM   #15
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
wow, Liz that's very degrading......insinuating that most if not all Asians that come to this country don't think for themselves .....
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread