Comment that Jana Novotna made in 1998 about schedules, injuries.... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM   #1
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Comment that Jana Novotna made in 1998 about schedules, injuries....

Q. What is your program going to be? You say you're getting a little bit older now. You have to pace yourself more carefully?

JANA NOVOTNA: Yes, that's a good question. I always said it's really important because I hear a lot of players complaining that the season is too long. It is true. We play from January till the end of November. It is a long season. I always said that you have to know yourself, you have to know what is the best for you, then you have to pick the tournaments you like, the surface you like to play on. Also when you don't play, you need to have quality time off, but also to have good preparation. That's why I took the time off in the beginning of the year, not going to Australia. I had some really good time off. I prepared, and hopefully from that I can go for one or two months. It is really important to choose the right tournaments. You have to do it. It's very individual; you have to do it how you feel...

Well, same problem as 7 years ago.... Time to change!
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:47 AM   #2
country flag JenFan75

JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future JenFan75 has a brilliant future
I agree. The reason there are so many injuries and stuff like that is because of the grueling schedule. It hurts tournaments as well as players when people are too injured to show up.
JenFan75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:03 AM   #3
M-SELESFAN

M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice M-SELESFAN is just really nice
I agree with what she said, but I can't get over the fact that many players did not like to go to Australia. Yes it is in the very beginning of the year and they didn't have a lot of time off, but it is a grand slam!!!! And they're a top player with a legitimate shot at the title.
M-SELESFAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:20 AM   #4
country flag Shenay La Soul

Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold Shenay La Soul is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SELESFAN
I agree with what she said, but I can't get over the fact that many players did not like to go to Australia. Yes it is in the very beginning of the year and they didn't have a lot of time off, but it is a grand slam!!!! And they're a top player with a legitimate shot at the title.
I agree with you about the slams. They are the most important tournaments and players should enter all four of them. I wish they would abbreviate the indoor season. A couple of tune-ups and then the YEC. The season would then end in mid-October giving the players an extra month off.
Shenay La Soul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:02 AM   #5
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute
the schedule is fine, some players just play a ridiculous amount of tournaments (encouraged by the wta), hence the injuries, slumps etc
jimbo mack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote