Aussie Girls Results - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 7th, 2005, 06:23 AM   #301
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Found a quite good but pretty sad article on Luke Bourgeois

Mistakes keep aspirational Bourgeois in his place

By Richard Hinds
January 12, 2005

Page Tools

A couple of sliced backhands went just long. His big serve misfired at the wrong time. Precious break points were flubbed. For Luke Bourgeois, the margin between the greatest victory of his career and disappointing defeat was wafer thin.

Ranked 532 in the world, the 27-year-old had come through six rounds of pre-qualifying and qualifying to make the main draw of a top-flight ATP tournament for the first time. More than that, he had taken nine years and fought a succession of injuries before finally getting to display his game on a relatively big stage - court four at the Sydney International Tennis Centre.

In that context, a 7-6 (7-3), 7-5 loss to the 17th-ranked Romanian Andrei Pavel in the first round of the Medibank International might not seem so bad. For Bourgeois, however, a competitive performance did little to dull the post-match pain.

"The thing is, I didn't play that well," he said. "It was the one that got away."

And so, Bourgeois will again join the tennis proletariat. Unless he is given a wildcard into the main draw, his next stop is Australian Open qualifying and, after that, a challenger tournament in Tasmania. This time, however, he will carry the belief that he can mix it with the big boys.

AdvertisementAdvertisement
"I felt like I didn't play that well at all against the 17th-ranked player and yet I was that close," he said. "I'm 500 in the world but I know I am a much better player than that."

The Sydneysider did not lack support yesterday. For the youngest of 10 children, raised on the northern beaches, most of the voices yelling encouragement from the 250 temporary seats around court four were familiar. He was not sure how many siblings were there and his father, a retired civil engineer, does not like tennis and stayed home and read his book. "But they gave me a lot of help," he said.

Also in the Bourgeois corner was Tony Roche, a flattering gesture given you might have expected the fabled coach to be in Melbourne helping his new client Roger Federer prepare for the Australian Open.

Bourgeois met Roche several years ago through Wally Masur, with whom he used to hit. For a couple of years, Bourgeois helped another Roche pupil, Pat Rafter, prepare for the Australian Open.

Rafter is one of nine children so, inevitably, talk would lead to their big families. "He [Rafter] said, 'Don't you wish you had a dollar for every time someone said your parents must not have had a television?"' Bourgeois said.

For Bourgeois, the road to yesterday's match had been long and sometimes painful. Having finished school at St Aloysius' at Milsons Point, he spent a couple of years fumbling his way around minor tournaments. "I had no idea what I was doing," he said. "I would just look at the schedule and just go to the tournaments all the other guys were going to. It was really unprofessional."

When he finally got his act together with the help of Roche, he suffered an ankle injury at Australian Open qualifying in 2003 that kept him out for three months. Last year he was rear-ended while driving to the beach, got whiplash and, subsequently, a serious neck injury that kept him off court for another four months.

So if yesterday did not provide a big breakthrough, it at least shone a ray of hope on the career of one of the game's journeymen.

"I don't feel 27," Bourgeois said. "Not like these guys who have been travelling all year, every year. I feel like I've still got some good tennis ahead."

Must explain all these recent R1 losses loss of confidence
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2005, 07:13 AM   #302
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
Luke

Such a nice slice backhand
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #303
country flag gillibean

gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold
Elise TAMAELA (NED) defeated Sophie FERGUSON (AUS) 61 62
shame...dont know about doubles yet.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:20 AM   #304
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Someone got her but whopped :saD:
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #305
country flag gillibean

gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold gillibean is a splendid one to behold
yeah it is sad. hopefully she will go well in doubles. i updated the sophie ferguson thread if you want to have a geezer
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #306
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Mumbai $10K Doubles Q/F

(2)R.Chakravarthi/ S.Jayalakshmy d.C.Barr/ A.Szili Walkover

Cassandra get yourself a decent doubles player!!!!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #307
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-R-E-A-K
Andrea is sooooo not cute!

She would always suck up the coaches ass's

I dont think much of her at all And she's soo not attractive.
I watched her play once cos there arent many maco's who play tennis and was curious if she was good.

u know her freak? does she suck up coaches arses.?
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #308
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
whats up with sohpie? her game looked very solid at australia and she seemed to be getting better!!!
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #309
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Wow no aussies left in Singles . . . .

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:43 PM   #310
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Next Week Watson, Wheller and Welfrod are dotn to play qualies at Dothan 75K

unfortunately Lauren B, Jaslyn , Sophie and Mirelle are withdrew . . .Sophie is going to Asia though . . . i hope the others join her

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #311
country flag gillibean

No - thats the week after. Next week is 25k Jackson, MS, USA - Clay - MD - Sophie, Qual - Welford, Wheeler, Dittman, but Watson withdrew..
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:32 PM   #312
country flag gillibean

Can I also ask - does Australia get WCs into the Wimbledon or the US Open? And will Sophie make the qualifying draw for RG if she doesn't get the WC? And if there is no WC for the Wimbledon/US Open will she get into the qual. draw there?
Cheering.
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #313
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
Week Beginning April 4th

WTA Amelia Island, USA (GREEN CLAY)

QR1 7-Kveta Peschke (CZE) def WC-Bryanne Stewart 6-2 6-1

R1 Denisa Chladkova (CZE) def Nicole Pratt 6-1 7-6(7)
R1 WC-Shahar Peer (ISR) def Sam Stosur 6-1 6-3
R1 4-Alicia Molik bye

R1 Virginne Razzano (FRA) def 4-Alicia Molik 6-4 6-4

R1 5-Molik/Navratilova (USA) def Q-Domigues Lino (ESP)/Linetskaya (RUS) 6-4 3-6 6-0
R1 Stewart/Stosur def McShea/Vento Kabchi (VEN) 6-3 7-6(3)
R1 2-Raymond (USA)/Stubbs def WC-Morariu (USA)/Pierce (FRA) 6-2 6-4

QF 5-Molik/Navratilova (USA) def WC-Gullickson (USA)/Daniilidou (GRE) 3-6 7-5 6-2
QF Stewart/Stosur vs 2-Raymond (USA)/Stubbs

SF 5-Molik/Navratilova (USA) vs Peschke (CZE)/Schnyder (SUI)

25K Coatzacoalcos, Mexico (CLAY)

R1 Sophie Ferguson def WC-Alicia Aguilar (MEX) 6-3 6-4

R2 7-Elisse Tamaela (NED) def Sophie Ferguson 6-2 6-1

R1 Ferguson/Munoz-Gallegos def Castellvi (PUR)/Rao (USA) walkover

QF Korrytseva (RUS)/Kuti Kis (HUN) def Ferguson/Munoz-Gallegos 7-5 6-0

10K Mumbai, India (HARD)

QR1 5-Julia Dzeidzic def Aarthi Duraisamy (IND) 6-0 6-2
QR1 Andrea Lipovska def Sagarika Phadke (IND) 7-5 4-6 6-4
QR1 Liza Pereira (IND) def Lizeth King 6-0 6-0
QR1 8-Mari Inque (JPN) def Nathalie Solevski 6-3 6-3

QR2 5-Julia Dzeidzic def Pooja Kommireddi (IND) 6-0,6-1
QR2 6- Pichittra Thongdach (THA) def Andrea Lipovska 6-0 6-2

R1 Krushmi Chheda (IND) def Q-Julia Dzeidzic 4-1 ret
R1 Isha Lakhani (IND) def Cassandra Barr 6-3, 6-3
R1 Kavita Krishnamurthy (CAN) def Adriana Szili 4-0 ret

R1 Dzeidzic/Thongdach (THA) def Inoue (JPN)/Manohar (IND) 6-3 6-2
R1 Barr/Szili def Goutham (IND)/Phadke (IND) 2-6 6-4 7-6(5)

QF 4-Hanamura (JPN)/Y.Sema (JPN) def Dzeidzic/Thongdach (THA) 6-4 4-6 6-3
QF 2-Chakravarthi (IND)/Jayaram (IND) def Barr/Szili walkover

10K Bath, Great Britain (HARD)

QR1 2-Trudi Musgrave bye

QR1 2-Trudi Musgrave def Ruth Miller (GBR) 6-1 6-0

R1 2-Lauren Breadmore def Katharine Baker (GBR) 4-6 6-2 6-1
R1 Q-Trudi Musgrave def LL-Katie Miles (GBR) 6-2 6-4

R2 2-Lauren Breadmore def Tiffany Eklov (USA) 3-6 6-2 6-3
R2 1-Anne Keothavong (GBR) def Q-Trudi Musgrave 6-2 4-6 6-0

QF 6-Melanie South (GBR) def 2-Lauren Breadmore 6-4 6-2

R1 Keothavong (GBR)/Musgrave bye
R1 2-Breadmore/Williams bye

QF Keothavong (GBR)/Musgrave def 3-Baker (GBR)/Peterzan (GBR) walkover
QF Grady (GBR)/South (GBR) def 2-Breadmore/Williams 6-2 6-1

SF 1-Hawkins (GBR)/Llewelyn (GBR) def Keothavong (GBR)/Musgrave 6-1 6-4

Junior Grade 1 Japan Open

R1 10-Olivia Lukaszewicz bye
R1 15-Shayna McDowell bye

R2 10-Olivia Lukaszewicz def Natsumi Yokota (JPN) 6-1 6-1
R2 13-Shayna McDowell def Q-Akari Inoue (JPN) 6-2 6-1

R3 5-Amina Rakhim (KAZ) def 10-Olivia Lukaszewicz 7-5 6-4
R3 2-Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) def 13-Shayna McDowell 6-3 6-3

R1 5-Lukaszewicz/McDowell bye

R2 5-Lukaszewicz/McDowell def Inoue (JPN)/Moriuchi (JPN) 6-3 6-4

QF 5-Lukaszewicz/McDowell vs 3-Chan (TPE)/Li (USA)
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 05:13 AM   #314
country flag azza

Canberra $25,000 Challenger Clay

R1 Norikazu Sugiyama Def (1) Gouchichi Motomura 7-6(5) 6-2
R1 Adam Feeney Def Toshiaki Sakai 6-2 5-7 6-2
R1Lars Uebal Def (WC) Joel Kerley 6-2 6-4
R1 (8) Jan Mertle Def Rameez Junaid 6-2 6-2
R1 (3) Vasilis Mazarakis Def (Q) Mark Nielson 6-0 6-2
R1 Emin Agaev Def Satoshi Iwabuchi 6-7(5) 7-5 6-3
R1 Go Soeda Def Toshihide Matsui 2-6 6-3 6-2
R1 (6) Poalo Lorenzi Def (Q) Jose Rubin Statham 6-3 6-2
R1 (7) Paul Logtens Def Robert Smeets 4-6 7-6(2) 6-1
R1 Shannon Nettle Def (LL) Adam Thomson 6-1 6-0
R1 (Q) Alun Jones Def Sadik Kadir 2-6 6-3 6-4
R1 (4) Chris Guccione Def (WC) Clint Thomson 6-3 6-3
R1 (5) Marc Kimmich Def Jaymon Crabb 6-2 6-0
R1 (Q) Joe Sirianni Def (WC) Patrick Jozwick 6-1 6-3
R1 Andrew Derer Def Tasuku Iwami 6-3 6-0
R1 (2) Werner Eschauer Def (WC) Raphael Durek 6-3 4-6 6-3

R2 Norikazu Sugiyama Def Adam Feeney 3-6 6-4 6-2
R2 Lars Uebal Def (8) Jan Mertle 6-1 6-3
R2 (3) Vasilis Mazarakis Def Emin Agaev 6-7(4) 6-2 6-4
R2 (6) Paolo Lorenzi Def Go Soeda 6-3 6-2
R2 (7) Paul Logtens Def Shannon Nettle 6-4 6-4
R2 (4) Chris Guccione Def (Q) Alun Jones 7-6(8) 6-4
R2 (Q) Joe Sirianni Def (5) Marc Kimmich 6-3 6-3
R2 (2) Werner Eschauer Def Andrew Derer 6-4 6-2

QF Lars Uebal Def Norikazu Sugiyama 2-6 6-2 6-3
QF (6) Paolo Lorenzi Def (3) Vasilis Mazarakis 4-6 6-3 6-1
QF (4) Chris Guccione Def (7) Paul Logtens 7-5 6-3
QF (2) Werner Eschauer Def (Q) Joe Sirianni 4-6 6-4 7-6(4)

SF Lars Uebal Def (6) Paolo Lorenzi 7-6(4) 7-6(6)
SF (4) Chris Guccione Def (2) Werner Eschauer 7-5 7-5

F (4) Chris Guccione Def Lars Uebal 7-5 6-1

Doubles

R1 (WC) Richard Fromberg/Chris Guccione Def (1) Paul Logtens/Lars Uebel 7-5 7-5
R1 Rameez Junaid/Joe Sirianni Def Carsten Ball/Marinko Matosevic 7-6(4) 6-2
R1 Clint Thomson/Jan Mertle Def(4) Jaymon Crabb/Robert Smeets 6-4 6-4
R1 Toshihide Matsui/Go Soeda Def (WC) Myles Emery/Patrick Jozwick 6-1 6-1
R1 Andrew Derer/Shannon Nettle Def Joel Kerley/Adam Feeney 6-4 7-5
R1 (3) Werner Eschauer/Vasilis Mazarakis Def (WC) Michael Look/Marcus Walker 6-2 6-3
R1 Lachlan Ferguson/Steven Goh Def Toshiaki/Norikazu Sugiyama 5-7 6-4 6-4
R1 (2) Marc Kimmich/Sadik Kadir Def David Jeflea/David To 6-1 6-1

QF (WC) Richard Fromberg/Chris Guccione Def Rameez Junaid/Joe Sirianni 6-4 6-4
QF Clint Thomson/Jan MertleDef Toshihide Matsui/Go Soeda 6-2 6-0
QF (3) Werner Eschauer/Vasilis Mazarakis Def Andrew Derer/Shannon Nettle 6-1 6-1
QF (2) Marc Kimmich/Sadik Kadir Def Lachlan Ferguson/Steven Goh 7-6(4) 6-3

SF (WC) Richard Fromberg/Chris Guccione Def Clint Thomson/Jan Mertle 7-5 6-3
SF (3) Werner Eschauer/Vasilis Mazarakis Def (2) Marc Kimmich/Sadik Kadir 6-2 6-2

F (WC) Richard Fromberg/Chris Guccione Def (3) Werner Eschauer/Vasilis Mazarakis 6-2 6-1

Tahlasee 50K Hard

R1 Todd Reid Def (Q) Bo Hodge 6-1 6-1

R2 Todd Reid Def (7) Paul Goldstein 6-3 6-4

QF Brian Vahaly Def Todd Reid 3-2 Ret.

Casablanca $385,000 Clay

Q1 (1) Peter Luczak Def Franitesik Cermak 7-5 6-1

Q2 (1) Peter Luczak Def Leonardo Tavares 6-1 7-5

Q3 (7) Michael Mertinak Def (1) Peter Luczak 6-7 6-0 6-4

15K Usa Futures Hard

R1 (2) Nathan Healey Def Francisco Rodrigues 4-6 6-3 6-0
R1 Scott Lipsky Def Domenic Marafiote 4-6 6-2 6-4
R1 (6) Andres Pedroso Def Luke Bourgeois 6-4 6-4

R2 (2) Nathan Healey Def (Q) Eric Chvojok 6-4 6-3

QF (Q) Fritz Wolmarans Def (2) Nathan Healey 6-4 6-7(5) 7-5
Old Apr 10th, 2005, 05:15 AM   #315
country flag azza

Cant belive Chris won the Challenger