What is your favourite "The Sound of Music" song? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What is your favourite "The Sound of Music" song?

The Hills 1 2.78%
Jam & Bread (original ) 0 0%
Do-Re-Me (original ) 9 25.00%
Favourite Things 5 13.89%
Edelweiss 6 16.67%
That puppet song 2 5.56%
Climb Every Mountain 4 11.11%
That "Cuckoo" song 2 5.56%
16 going on 17 5 13.89%
Other (Confidence, that Nun song at the beginning ) 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 03:31 AM   #1
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
What is your favourite "The Sound of Music" song?

funny thread i guess
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 03:41 AM   #2
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
I think i like "Climb Every Mountain" best
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 03:43 AM   #3
country flag Cuckoo

Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough
The Lonley Goat..(Puppet Song) High on the Hills was a lonley goat (ho yadel o yodle o yode eeoo) and Nothing solves a problem like Mariaaaaa...
Cuckoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 03:44 AM   #4
country flag Hayato

i wonder where they got the ideas for these songs...
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:06 AM   #5
country flag Cuckoo

Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranadalara
i wonder where they got the ideas for these songs...
Rodgers and Hammerstein composed them, I think a few (Like Mother Superior) was an old catholic song, most of them composed directly for this musical. And that they follow the storyline.

ie:

Family dont know how to sing so Julie teaches them with do a dear....etc

Lonley Goat Song is a puppet cabaret for the entertainment of Baroness Schrader

Another Good Rodgers and Hammerstein song was preformed in the South Pacific sung by Mitzy Gaynor "Im gonna wash that man right outta my hair"

Julie Andrews has good pitch, now since she had throat surgery she apparently can only sing Happy Birthday.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:15 AM   #6
country flag Ting

Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute
I loved every song from Sound of Music! Chose the "Do-Re-Me" one coz it's the only one I can remember the words of

So this is love, Mmmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings, Mmmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch every star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
So this is love

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep, in dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for, you keep

Ting is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:20 AM   #7
country flag Hayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Rodgers and Hammerstein composed them, I think a few (Like Mother Superior) was an old catholic song, most of them composed directly for this musical. And that they follow the storyline.

ie:

Family dont know how to sing so Julie teaches them with do a dear....etc

Lonley Goat Song is a puppet cabaret for the entertainment of Baroness Schrader

Another Good Rodgers and Hammerstein song was preformed in the South Pacific sung by Mitzy Gaynor "Im gonna wash that man right outta my hair"

Julie Andrews has good pitch, now since she had throat surgery she apparently can only sing Happy Birthday.

wow you seem to know a lot about The Sound of Music

I found a website a while ago and it had what all the kids look like now
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:26 AM   #8
country flag Ting

Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute Ting has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
wow you seem to know a lot about The Sound of Music

I found a website a while ago and it had what all the kids look like now
I wanna see

So this is love, Mmmmmm
So this is love
I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm
And now I know
And I can fly
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
So this is love

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep, in dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for, you keep

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:27 AM   #9
country flag Cuckoo

Oh really??? Yeah The Old one Leisel "Im 16 And I dont need a Governess" (Charmaine Carr) is the Godmother of Gretl (Youngest Von Trapp)

It was halarious with technology back then, they were lypsyncing and a voice over when they sung, only Christopher V. Trapp and (Christopher Plummer) and Maria (J Andrews) were the only 2 who actually sung.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:29 AM   #10
country flag Cuckoo

Christopher =Captain sorry
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:30 AM   #11
country flag Hayato

after hours and hours of searching (actually about 3 mins) i haven't found it yet, sorry

will keep looking though
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:36 AM   #12
country flag Ting

Quote:
after hours and hours of searching (actually about 3 mins) i haven't found it yet, sorry

will keep looking though
Thanks I'm really interested

So this is love, Mmmmmm
So this is love
I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm
And now I know
And I can fly
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
So this is love

Old Dec 24th, 2004, 07:10 AM   #13
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Are you kiddin? All these songs are Greeeaaaaaaaaaaat!! lol

Anyway, I based my judgement on the bases of the scene that was being played during the song.

So for me I loved "Do Re Mi". I liked the scenery and the way they jumped on the steps and rode their bikes and the different clothes that they had on. I also liked the fact that this scene is about teaching one to sing.

My favorite scene in the entire movie is when Maria and the Captain are dancing the Waltz and she realizes that she is in love with him and he realizes that he loves her and yet they both are afraid to admit it to each other.

I also love the song.."My favorite things". The storm and the lyrics are nice.

I like the lyrics to " "How do u solve a problem like Maria" as well.

I really enjoy the Lonely Gothard song. The puppet show is nice.

my top three are:

Do Rei Mi, Lonely Gothard and "So long farewell"
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 07:29 AM   #14
country flag Majo
Team WTAworld

Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future Majo has a brilliant future
when the dog bites
when the bee stings
when i'm feeling sad
i simply remember my favourite things
and then i don't feel so bad

Nolle in causa est; non posse praetenditur.
~Seneca~
Majo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 07:37 AM   #15
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
I like the song the nuns sang about Maria.

"How do you solve a problem like Maria? How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
I don't like Venus or Urszula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inger67 View Post
If Ula can beat you 6-1, 6-3 then you know you're a mug
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote