Most countries have some problems. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:31 AM   #1
country flag "Sluggy"
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,810
"Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute
Most countries have some problems.

NEW DELHI, May 26 (AFP) - Tibet's exiled spiritual leader, the Dalai
Lama, has expressed horror at the cruel treatment of cattle in India, an
animal rights group said Friday.

The Dalai Lama has written to Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee
asking him to "do all he could" to end the abusive treatment of animals.

"The ill treatment of cattle in India is indeed too horrific for words
=2E.. I therefore appeal to you to look into this matter," the letter
said.

The Dalai Lama said his attention was drawn to the problem by US-based
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), which has threatened
India's leather industry with costly lawsuits if it continues with its
cruel treatment of cattle.

"I have seen seen their report and the video resulting from their
investigation and I totally agree with them that the treatment of cows
is too horrific ... Many in India probably do not have any idea of this
cruelty against cattle," the Tibetan leader said in his letter,
published by PETA.

Three leading US retailers -- Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic -- have
agreed to stop using leather from India after a strong protest from
international celebrities spearheaded by PETA.

Jason Baker, spokesman for the India branch of PETA, said the decision
came after rock star Chrissie Hynde led demonstrations outside their
stores.

PETA alleges cattle in India are marched for days and crammed into
lorries before being killed. Cows and calves which collapsed have chilli
peppers and tobacco rubbed into their eyes and their tails broken in an
effort to keep them moving.

Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney has also previously appealed to
Vajpayee to help stop the abuse of Indian cows.

The veteran rocker recalled Mahatma Gandhi, India's independence hero
who campaigned throughout his life for vegetarianism. Gandhi had once
said that a nation and its moral progress could be judged by how it
treated animals.

The Dalai Lama is the latest celebrity to join the PETA campaign, which
has enlisted the support of others including former Baywatch star Pamela
Anderson Lee and musician Crispian Mills, former lead singer of the
British group Kula Shaker.

Last edited by Ribbit : Dec 23rd, 2004 at 09:16 AM.
"Sluggy" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:42 AM   #2
country flag rand
Senior Member
 
rand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 5,967
rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold rand is a splendid one to behold
what's your point?
not 50 % of the belgians WANT the police to behave racistly, you just have some policemen that are racist
a few persons against a general system...that's the difference between "it happens" and "you live in a fascist state"....
we don't want people to lose their human rights....
__________________
They're coming to get you Barbara!
rand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:45 AM   #3
country flag "Sluggy"
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,810
"Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute
Whats my point? I dont know.
"Sluggy" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:46 AM   #4
country flag "Sluggy"
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,810
"Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand
what's your point?
not 50 % of the belgians WANT the police to behave racistly, you just have some policemen that are racist
a few persons against a general system...that's the difference between "it happens" and "you live in a fascist state"....
we don't want people to lose their human rights....

If you are saying that America is a facist state?

Last edited by Ribbit : Dec 23rd, 2004 at 09:16 AM.
"Sluggy" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:50 AM   #5
country flag Grohl
Senior Member
 
Grohl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 21,521
Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute
I don't understand why this is about belgium only, I'm sure other country's do the same...
__________________
Everything will change
But,love remains the same



Ditty Ivanovic Bacsinszky Feys Knapp Cibulkova

K Bondarenko Uhlirova Sugiyama Hantuchova Wickmayer Arvidsson
Grohl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:59 AM   #6
country flag "Sluggy"
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,810
"Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic
I don't understand why this is about belgium only, I'm sure other country's do the same...

I dont know... most of the whining on the board is about the behaviour of America, Americans, or Israel... Two countries which i am citizens of or qualify to be citizens of. So i pointed the figure at belgium... sorry.
"Sluggy" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:01 AM   #7
country flag Grohl
Senior Member
 
Grohl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 21,521
Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute Grohl has a reputation beyond repute
yeahyeah, play the angel, this isn't the only time you say something about belgium!
what have you got against belgium?
__________________
Everything will change
But,love remains the same



Ditty Ivanovic Bacsinszky Feys Knapp Cibulkova

K Bondarenko Uhlirova Sugiyama Hantuchova Wickmayer Arvidsson
Grohl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:05 AM   #8
country flag "Sluggy"
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,810
"Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute
That is not true. Many Belgian posters and Europeans like to critize America and Americans. Im just reminding these people that Belgium is not innocent either. It is fashionable to be AntiAmerican. fine, but dont be onesided. I love Belgium. I go there on vacation, and Belgians are among the nicest people i met. Kim Clijsters Rules. I said nothing bad about Belgium. I just mentioned that their human rights record is flawed like other nations. Volcana starts 10 threads a day bashing the US, but how many people defend US when he does that? Lighten up, the board is for discussion, and also debate. I didnt mean to hurt anyones feelings. it also hurts US feelings when people criticize us. Mostly i hate people calling us Facist. It is not true
"Sluggy" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 09:16 AM   #9
country flag "Sluggy"
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,810
"Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute "Sluggy" has a reputation beyond repute
I took out the questionable material.
"Sluggy" is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:29 PM   #10
country flag Cuckoo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 379
Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough Cuckoo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbit
That is not true. Many Belgian posters and Europeans like to critize America and Americans.
Yeah maybe because there is something obviously wrong ?

Quote:
Im just reminding these people that Belgium is not innocent either.
Ohh no because whatever Belgium does wrongfully is just as horrendous Internationally then the W.O.T

Quote:
I didnt mean to hurt anyones feelings. it also hurts US feelings when people criticize us. Mostly i hate people calling us Facist. It is not true
Well as you said, this board is for debate and discussion, if you are going to feel hurt/threatened by what people may say about your country, be prepared to have those emotions paradoxed when you do the same.
Cuckoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:32 PM   #11
country flag alfajeffster
Senior Member
 
alfajeffster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States of America
Posts: 9,301
alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbit
NEW DELHI, May 26 (AFP) - Tibet's exiled spiritual leader, the Dalai
Lama, has expressed horror at the cruel treatment of cattle in India, an
animal rights group said Friday.

The Dalai Lama has written to Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee
asking him to "do all he could" to end the abusive treatment of animals.

"The ill treatment of cattle in India is indeed too horrific for words
=2E.. I therefore appeal to you to look into this matter," the letter
said.

The Dalai Lama said his attention was drawn to the problem by US-based
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), which has threatened
India's leather industry with costly lawsuits if it continues with its
cruel treatment of cattle.

"I have seen seen their report and the video resulting from their
investigation and I totally agree with them that the treatment of cows
is too horrific ... Many in India probably do not have any idea of this
cruelty against cattle," the Tibetan leader said in his letter,
published by PETA.

Three leading US retailers -- Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic -- have
agreed to stop using leather from India after a strong protest from
international celebrities spearheaded by PETA.

Jason Baker, spokesman for the India branch of PETA, said the decision
came after rock star Chrissie Hynde led demonstrations outside their
stores.

PETA alleges cattle in India are marched for days and crammed into
lorries before being killed. Cows and calves which collapsed have chilli
peppers and tobacco rubbed into their eyes and their tails broken in an
effort to keep them moving.

Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney has also previously appealed to
Vajpayee to help stop the abuse of Indian cows.

The veteran rocker recalled Mahatma Gandhi, India's independence hero
who campaigned throughout his life for vegetarianism. Gandhi had once
said that a nation and its moral progress could be judged by how it
treated animals.

The Dalai Lama is the latest celebrity to join the PETA campaign, which
has enlisted the support of others including former Baywatch star Pamela
Anderson Lee and musician Crispian Mills, former lead singer of the
British group Kula Shaker.
I bet it's not the first time he said those things...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
__________________
There is nothing more beautiful than Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.
alfajeffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:34 PM   #12
country flag Joana
Senior Member
 
Joana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Yugoslavia
Posts: 10,236
Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, most countries have some problems, what a brilliant conclusion.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:36 PM   #13
country flag Helen Lawson
Senior Member
 
Helen Lawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for Shirley
Posts: 18,095
Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
I totally eat beef and have no problems with it, but I myself could not bring myself to kill a cow.

I have no problems at all, though, throwing a live lobster into a pot of boiling water or nailing it between the eyes with a steak knife.
__________________
They should take the reporters from the National Enquirer, the Star, and USWeekly and make them hunt down the terrorists. They would find the terrorists. All of them.
Helen Lawson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:44 PM   #14
country flag alfajeffster
Senior Member
 
alfajeffster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States of America
Posts: 9,301
alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
"I'm a card-carrying carnivore"- Julia Child
__________________
There is nothing more beautiful than Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.
alfajeffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 06:58 PM   #15
pav
Senior Member
 
pav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: new zealand
Posts: 9,615
pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute
Former Beatle (prefix deleted) Paul McCartney has also previously appealed to
Vajpayee to help stop the abuse of Indian cows.

It is a pity that the pop-eyed no talent McCartney ever started the abuse of His fellow Humans ears
pav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios