Angry Serena Refutes Hoax Interview - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Serena Refutes Hoax Interview

C.Lum/************** By Tennis Week
12/08/2004

Serena Williams came out swinging today, angrily refuting a hoax "interview" that has been circulating
the Internet. The interview contains controversial comments it falsely attributes to Williams.

The "interview", which Williams repeatedly refuted as a hoax, quotes the six-time Grand Slam champion as saying she would not date black men. The "interview" attributes other disparaging remarks about black men to Williams — comments she vehemently denies.

Since the interview was sent out over the Internet it has generated calls to radio stations and email from readers questioning whether Williams really made such statements.

This morning, an irate Williams called New York radio station WBLS to set the record straight and make it clear she never made such remarks.

"Words cannot express how upset I am to find out someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image," Williams said. "I would never, ever under any circumstances, be so disrespectful. Whoever decided to write this garbage does not know Serena Williams. It is not my thinking nor my being."

The former No. 1 said she's intent on finding the source of the hoax and taking legal action against those involved.

"I want to find out who is behind this and have them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Williams said. "I am hoping that there will be more policing over the Internet in order to find out immediately the origin of this kind of treachery. No one deserves to be humiliated and defamed this way."

WBLS plans to rebroadcast the Serena Williams phone call to the station at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow.
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2004, 04:22 AM   #2
country flag icequeen

icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09

C.Lum/************** By Tennis Week
12/08/2004

Serena Williams came out swinging today, angrily refuting a hoax "interview" that has been circulating
the Internet. The interview contains controversial comments it falsely attributes to Williams.

The "interview", which Williams repeatedly refuted as a hoax, quotes the six-time Grand Slam champion as saying she would not date black men. The "interview" attributes other disparaging remarks about black men to Williams — comments she vehemently denies.

Since the interview was sent out over the Internet it has generated calls to radio stations and email from readers questioning whether Williams really made such statements.

This morning, an irate Williams called New York radio station WBLS to set the record straight and make it clear she never made such remarks.

"Words cannot express how upset I am to find out someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image," Williams said. "I would never, ever under any circumstances, be so disrespectful. Whoever decided to write this garbage does not know Serena Williams. It is not my thinking nor my being."

The former No. 1 said she's intent on finding the source of the hoax and taking legal action against those involved.

"I want to find out who is behind this and have them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Williams said. "I am hoping that there will be more policing over the Internet in order to find out immediately the origin of this kind of treachery. No one deserves to be humiliated and defamed this way."

WBLS plans to rebroadcast the Serena Williams phone call to the station at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow.
Old news bud.
icequeen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #3
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen
Old news bud.
Yeah so? maybe some of us have not heard about this.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #4
country flag jenny161185

jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future
I hadnt heard about this - poor Serena - hope they find whoever wrote it
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 04:17 PM   #5
country flag Geisha

Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute
Poor Rena!! Get better, girly...
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #6
country flag icequeen

icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all icequeen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeev
Yeah so? maybe some of us have not heard about this.

I doubt that.
icequeen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #7
starr

starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future starr has a brilliant future
When I first read this in the news, I thought, "It was probably one of those made up interviews on WTA World."
starr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #8
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen
I doubt that.
I guess idiot spelled backwards is icequeen..........
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 02:57 PM   #9
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by starr
When I first read this in the news, I thought, "It was probably one of those made up interviews on WTA World."
I thought someone here did it also.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote