Australian Open 2005, how will the girls do? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #31
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
I think Amelie is going to be the girl to watch. She pulled out of Fed Cup and is reportedly taking care of her body and working on her mental game even more. Jennifer and Amelie play the best out of all the top players on these courts (barring Kim and Hingis).

The bounce, speed and heat seem to be in their control. Realistically, out of the Russinas GAMEwise, this suits Elena. She is speedy, strong and has the powerful groundies and compact strokes to do damage.

However Elena's game and temperament/mentality need to be in sync.

I do think Nastya will perform well here. I'm not holding out for Maria or Sveta. The heat is intense, Maria puts so much into every match that the heat will be another factor that will drain energy from her. If she can overcome expending so much energy, then she has a great chance too.

My picks

1) Amelie
2) Nastya/Lindsay
3) Serena/Justine
4) Maria/ElenaD/Jen
5) Venus/Sveta
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #32
country flag igost

igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold
Vera will win it without dropping a set

(I wish)
igost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 06:42 AM   #33
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
Dee, how come if it suits Elena;s gaem she lost in the 1r this year?

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 08:20 AM   #34
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
Elena said she lost due to a lack of practice and the fact she spent Russian Xmas in Moscow. It was was very bad scheduling on her part. But more importantly, I think the heat bugs Elena. The court she can handle, she's reached the 4th round before.

If Elena can master the heat and win a 1st round match, then she'll be fine. If she wins her first match, I'll definitely see her a potential champion. Just one match.

Elena plays so open stance, that having a a nice bounce and nice speed on the court will help her game. Her groundies looked so destructive at RG and especially the USO.
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #35
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
yeah i agree, elena d if she wins a match she is in the tournament.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 08:12 AM   #36
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
All of them must do well, The AO is the ony GS they had poor results in 2004 .

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 05:01 PM   #37
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
I think the 2005 AO will show how far so many of our RR women have improved.
Alina, Sveta, Maria, Anastasia - they all moved forward this year.
Elena D., B., L., and Nadia - they all have very little to defend.

I expect very big results in Melbourne.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 08:28 AM   #38
country flag Lemonskin.

Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute Lemonskin. has a reputation beyond repute
Phew, Masha K JUST inside the 108

CMON the Marias, and Lena D!
grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-
nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitz-weimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönedanker-
kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
Lemonskin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote