The Super Magdalena "Call Me Maggie" Thread - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results:

0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #541
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceze
yes I saw that
Did you see it live?
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #542
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/9...20seitz9kd.jpg

I just found that pic. So lovely.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM   #543
country flag crazillo

Re: The Super Magdalena "Call Me Maggie" Thread

A Star Named Maggie

Bulgaria: A Star Named Maggie
Faces: 17 November 2006, Friday.

Bulgaria: Maggie Maleeva is the youngest and most famous of Bulgaria's Maleeva tennis sisters, Bulgaria's one-family Fed Cup team.

Maggie turned pro at the age of 14. She was hailed as the most talented of the sister act. By her second year on tour, she was a top-20 player and eventually got as high as No. 4 in 1996. Magdalena, or Maggie, as almost everybody in Bulgaria calls the charming tennis player, boasts ten career singles titles. Still, this year she said goodbye to her professional career. Was it hard for her to give up the racket and what comes next for Maggie?

"It wasn't easy to give up tennis. When I was younger I always believed that I would take that decision easily and I never suspected that I would remain on the tennis courts for so long. Over the last year I knew it was going to be my last year, but as I played good and had no injuries I had my hesitations. But the more time that passes the more I realise I took the right decision. I enjoy my new life a lot."

But still, having in mind the passion Maggie had for the sports, has she found a substitute for the tennis racket? "At present no. I am no rush to get into new challenges because once I start, I am unable to stop", Maggie says, admitting that it might sound a bit strange as Tennis Club "Maleevi" and "Capasca", her newest projects, are already enjoying great success. "Still, ecology and cinema remain my passion", Maggie discloses.

She is known for her devotion to environment protection. But what brings these things together?

"I don't know. Tennis has always been a challenge for me only, whereas environment protection is a quest for the entire human race and its future."

The hardest top Maggie managed to conquer over the years was to become independent, and, of course, to stay fit "because at a certain time in my career I suffered many injuries and I dreamed of playing healthy." As for the "sweetest top"...

"This had to be my husband", Maggie admits. She met Lyubo Nokov, when she was 19 and they married last year in Sofia.

Now what is the biggest challenge for Maggie, who turned from a successful tennis player into prosperous business lady managing Tennis club Maleevi and the fashion store "Capasca"?

"I believe that they are both enough challenging for me. The club is developing really well and it is very nice that so many people are coming there and it would be really great if we manage to train some talented player. As for "Capasca", we aim to expand outside Bulgaria - the team is great and I believe we are going to make it."

Maggie's personal example - a tennis player, a successful business lady and socially responsible person - could affect many, but still she believes that is not enough.

"The personal example shows that we could live in some other way, but it is very important that these ideas are turned into state policy," Maggie says.

That was Maggie Maleeva, the one we know from the television screen and the magazines, but is there something that most people are unaware of?

"I hate to go shopping", she admits.

When asked if she considered herself a star, she said: "I never saw anyone giving a positive answer to that question. Therefore I will say "Yes, I consider myself a star!". (SNA)

I miss her!

Old Jan 17th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #544
country flag crazillo

I just got the confirmation that she is pregnant!! Congrats Maggie!

Old May 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #545
country flag crazillo

http://images.kodakgallery.eu.com/ph...5133_0_ALB.jpG

UNESCO - First Global Summit On Cervical Cancer
PARIS - MARCH 22: (L-R) Front row, Marie-Jose Perec, Florence Masnada, Nadia Comaneci, Isabelle Severino, Aziza Oubaita, Marie-Claire Restoux-Gasset and Laura Flessel, second row, Janica Kostelic, Samantha Davies, Fani Halkia, Laurence Fisher, Gabriela Sabatini, Franziska Van Almsick and Magdalena Maleeva attend The First Global Summit On Cervical Cancer on March 22 2007 at the UNESCO House in Paris, France. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Wow @ Maggie!

Old May 4th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #546
country flag Ivan.

Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of Ivan. has much to be proud of

Can't open picture ;(

Tennis:
Magi Maleeva
Figure skating:
Albena and Maxim
Biathlon:
Ekaterina Dafovska
htpp://superigri.com igri igri Play cool online flash games
Ivan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #547
country flag crazillo

Oh sorry. If you go to the Getty Images site and type in Maleeva you can see it as well. She was at the UNESCO meeting concerning cancer. And she looks fine in those pics.

Old May 8th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #548
country flag Nidalgina

Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold Nidalgina is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
24 часа - 26.04.2007 г.
Задава се мощно продължение на женската династия Малееви в тениса, защото Магдалена Малеева чака първа рожба.
Най-малката от сестрите и бивша номер четири в световната ранглиста по тенис е бременна в седмия месец и ще ражда през юли.
Момиче ще е, но още не сме мислили как ще се казва, сподели Магдалена, която е омъжена за бизнесмена Любомир Ноков.
Детето ще е шестото във фамилията. От швейцареца Франсоа Франиер, с когото са разделени, Мануела има дъщери Лора-Юлия и Ива и син Тимо, а момичето и момчето на Катерина Малеева и Георги Стоименов се казват Ния и Захари.
Не знаех тази новина, макар че се чуха и някои слухове Пожелавам на Маги всичко да мине леко и безпроблемно и да роди здраво и хубаво момиченце
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #549
country flag crazillo

What does the article say (sorry, I can't speak Bulgarian)? Only understand a bit when people speak, but not more.

BTW, I found her exhibition vs. Hingis somewhere online, but one had to pay for it and it looked very strange. Would love to have the match, but it is obviously impossible.

Old May 12th, 2007, 07:45 AM   #550
country flag Louis Cyphre

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
What does the article say (sorry, I can't speak Bulgarian)? Only understand a bit when people speak, but not more.

BTW, I found her exhibition vs. Hingis somewhere online, but one had to pay for it and it looked very strange. Would love to have the match, but it is obviously impossible.
Maggie is pregnant It will be a girl

Българският форум за тенис
Louis Cyphre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #551
country flag crazillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram Bakalina View Post
Maggie is pregnant It will be a girl
OMG just great. We'll see who will have the most kids out of those three. How far is she? Really great news.

Old May 12th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #552
country flag Louis Cyphre

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
OMG just great. We'll see who will have the most kids out of those three. How far is she? Really great news.
you mean when she will...i dont know the english expression After 2 months if this is what you ask

Българският форум за тенис
Louis Cyphre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #553
country flag crazillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram Bakalina View Post
you mean when she will...i dont know the english expression After 2 months if this is what you ask
Yes... to bear a child is the expression^^
She will not have played tennis for the longest time in her life I guess. I somehow can't imagine Maggie with a big belly.

Old May 12th, 2007, 03:48 PM   #554
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future Bulgaria has a brilliant future

Congratulations Maggie. Let's hope that this girl will be the next Maleeva family tennis star.

Tsvetana Pironkova Grigor Dimitrov

Youngsters - Viktoriya Tomova & Dimitar Kuzmanov
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:45 PM   #555
country flag crazillo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S3W4CDX9

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LO8VZ0N7

If somebody wants to rewatch Maleeva's exhibition against Hingis.