The Super Magdalena "Call Me Maggie" Thread - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results:

0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 10th, 2004, 07:17 PM   #181
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Maggie with a perfect set - WHY NOT with a perfect match?

She should be experienced enough to close it out. really!!
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 07:49 PM   #182
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
I suppose that means that Maggie won't play any tournaments between Wimbledon and the Olympics

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 03:49 PM   #183
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting schedule of Magdalena Maleeva this year

Maggie decided not to play between Wimbledon and the Olympic Games. She really set her main goal this season for the Olympics and I guess she wants to practice really hard before it. She has her marraige in between it. Maybe she will play a minor tournament or something to get used to the Hard Courts. I hope she will have success on this surface again.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #184
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
well I wouldn't blame Maggie for that decision
you know that she does pretty well after having a bigger rest period
so go Maggie and have the best of luck in Athens

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:19 PM   #185
country flag crazillo

Questions for Magdalena Maleeva: "Maggie answers!"

Its finally updated. Some nice answers I think.

Q: hi maggie,first of all good luck with the french open.now my question, which grand slam do u enjoy playing at the most & why?
A: I like them all. They are all a bit hectic and crazy and you try to spend as little time as possible at the site))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: maggie, I want to know if you have origins from armenia. thank you!
A: Yes, I do. My grandfather is Armenian and my mother's name is Berberian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: HEY MAGGIE, you're a legend on court, and have been for years. I was just wondering, for you personally, what do you think has made you a GREAT tennis Player and a force in women's tennis for so long. What do you think in your game is your strong point that has allowed you to beat such high tennis players so consistently????
A: Thanx. I wonder the same thing sometimes. I think I have always been curious about things and ways to improve. I have always believed that I am improving and there are things to learn. I have also had some very good advisors along the way. And I work hard too.

Q: Hey Maggie .. I have been a fan of yours all my life .. and I am only 13. I just wanted to know what it was like trying to practice when you were growing up since it was communist. We left Ukraine right after it left USSR and my sisters had trouble playing. Thanks and Good Luck!
A: Practice during those times was not difficult. My mother was the coach in the club and the 3 of us were always there. We never went to kindergarten, so we just spend our days at the club. The difficult thing at that time was traveling and especially for my mother and sisters it was sometimes impossible. Fortunately for me things were much easier and I could travel without problems.

Q: Hi.I would just like to know which is your favorite male tennis player.
A: Roger Federer, Younes El Aynaoui.

Q: Hi Maggie I have a couple of questions for you. Firstly, will you play Fed Cup and the Olympics this year? Secondly, do you believe the future is bright for tennis in Bulgaria? Good luck for the rest of the season!
A: I will not play Fed Cup this year. I will play the Olympics. I am sure someone good will come out of Bulgaria soon.

Q: hi maggie: I wish you the best for you this year.;-) what do you think about the change the australian open from january to march?
A: I think this is the best idea in the last couple of years. Unfortunately it does not look like it will happen anytime soon and if it does become reality I will not be playing anymore.

Q: Maggie,I know Kurt Vonnegut is your favourite writer. And which is your favourite book by him?
A: I like all of them and I actually would like to read them again. I love Mother Night. I also like very much Bluebeard, because at the time I was reading it I did not know that these are real painters. And I was playing in Chicago and went to the Museum there and saw paintings by Rothko and Pollock. Imagine my surprise. I also like Slaughterhouse 5. The ones I have some difficulties with are the science fiction books, like The Sirens of Titan

Q: Hey Maggie! I use the same racket you do and I was wondering what your favorite color grip is and why ? Good luck !
A: I always play with a white grip, because I think they feel the best.

Q: I would like to ask a 1000 questions, but I can't come up with one, how weird. Anyways, how do you feel about clothes made of poor sweet animals???
A: If you mean leather, I try not to buy leather.

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:57 PM   #186
country flag crazillo

Maleeva WITHOUT sponsor at Wimbledon!

She wore an outfit without any sponsors.

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:30 PM   #187
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

Thanks Sascha

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

Old Jun 26th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #188
country flag Maggie&MomoFan

Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all
you have a pic?
W 6-0 6-2
L 6-4 6-3
W 7-5 6-4
W 4-6 7-5 7-5
L 6-3 6-0
W 0-6 6-3 6-2
W 6-1 6-0
W 6-3 6-3
W 4-6 6-2 7-5
W 6-1 6-4
W 3-6 6-4 6-4
W 7-5 6-3
W 6-1 6-4
L 6-4 6-3
Maggie&MomoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 07:41 PM   #189
country flag crazillo

Go on the Wimbledon site and click on Maggies profile and related content. There are photos of her outfit.

Old Jun 27th, 2004, 12:19 AM   #190
country flag Maggie&MomoFan

Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all Maggie&MomoFan is a name known to all
crazillo, shes still with yonex, the little label is just like has material folded over it! shes still with yonex or else her raqwceuts wouldnt have the yonex lable on them!
W 6-0 6-2
L 6-4 6-3
W 7-5 6-4
W 4-6 7-5 7-5
L 6-3 6-0
W 0-6 6-3 6-2
W 6-1 6-0
W 6-3 6-3
W 4-6 6-2 7-5
W 6-1 6-4
W 3-6 6-4 6-4
W 7-5 6-3
W 6-1 6-4
L 6-4 6-3
Maggie&MomoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #191
country flag Hantuchov
Team WTAworld

Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute Hantuchov has a reputation beyond repute
Where did you get these questions from Sascha?

Btw, is this Jordan PointBlank?

I almost forgot, thanx!
Hantuchov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 08:30 AM   #192
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

they're from Maggie's official website

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #193
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

Magdalena Maleeva endorses the clothes, the racquets and the strings of Yonex.

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 10:14 AM   #194
country flag sesilfan

sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all sesilfan is a name known to all
Hey,I'm encho.One of the questions i mine.
sesilfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 04:58 AM   #195
country flag GoldenSlam
Banned

GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point GoldenSlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Maleeva retirement coming true after US Open loss!?

So sad....a loss to Angela, not even close, and she didnt seem to motivated. Hopefully she'll come back soon.
She has Filderstadt QF to defend, hopefully she'll get her points back during indoor season.

Last edited by GoldenSlam : Sep 2nd, 2004 at 08:05 AM.
GoldenSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote