Tamaryn Hendler - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM   #181
country flag tony kirilenko

tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold
Re: Tamaryn Hendler

tonight there will be new pictures of tammy added on website

pictures of Tammy "off court" and during her childhood , very nice

have a look

www.tamarynhendler.be
OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE BELGIAN BABE
tony kirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:34 AM   #182
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Tammy's match at the Luxilon Cup and she was just outplayed.

Martic was on fire really.

But Tamaryn is great for 14 and I love her grunt, "tssss".
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:06 AM   #183
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing!
Uranus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:40 PM   #184
country flag arn

arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony kirilenko View Post
tonight there will be new pictures of tammy added on website

pictures of Tammy "off court" and during her childhood , very nice

have a look
Wow, Tammy sure has a HUGE amount of hair (on her head I mean )
arn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #185

tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold tony kirilenko is a splendid one to behold

tonight you can read a exclusive interview of tammy on her official website

realised in english but also traduced in french, very interesting, she speaks about fed cup, her future partners, justine henin , kim clijsters and her next objectives

www.tamarynhendler.be

and don't forget to let a message in guestbook, she will be very happy to read again new support messages

www.tamarynhendler.be
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 12:15 PM   #186
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

Vote for Tammy
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=295419

Btw, there is a nice interview with her in this week's Humo
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM   #187

very great success for tammy, approximately 200 or 250 visitors each day of this week on her website!

www.tamarynhendler.be
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #188

Tammy wrote a new blog that she explains a great week with her teammates in fed cup.

There are also new beautiful pictures of fed cup but also exclusives photos of the fed cup dinner and on the bradenton beach.

So you can see also the future tournaments that tammy will play, many great times soonly...

www.tamarynhendler.be
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:10 AM   #189
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice report from Charlottesville

BOYD TINSLEY TOURNEY: Hendler draws it up
Unranked junior player tops Mircic for spot in final draw
By Sean McLernon
smclernon@dailyprogress.com | 978-7247
Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The braces are a dead giveaway.

Without them, it would be difficult to pin Tammy Hendler as a 14-year-old. On the court, she has the power and finishing ability of a veteran. Between points she shows the intensity and steady composure rarely seen in someone so young. The only thing she is lacking is experience in a professional tournament.

That is all about to change today. With a 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 win over No. 380 Teodora Mircic on Tuesday morning, the unranked Belgian junior earned a spot in the 32-player main draw of the Boyd Tinsley $50,000 USTA Women’s Pro Tennis Championship at Boar’s Head Sports Club and will take on American wild-card entrant Ashley Weinhold at approximately 11:30 a.m.

Playing in her first professional event, Hendler blew by No. 464 Christina Horitopoulos on Sunday and then No. 580 Petra Rampre on Monday, winning both matches in two sets to advance to Tuesday’s final round of qualifying. Against the 19-year-old Mircic of Slovakia, Hendler recovered from a second-set loss and stormed out to a 4-0 lead in the third set - working the angles and drilling one forehand winner after another to secure the victory.

“I just started playing my game,” Hendler said of the third set. “I was playing aggressive and not letting her take control of the points. I started hitting my winners like I did in the first set. That was the only difference.”

Equipped with a powerful forehand and the fearlessness to take risks against the professional field, the exuberant teenager has drawn fans to her court like a magnet - once they arrive they tend to stay. After seemingly every winning point, Hendler flashes her shiny grin and pumps her fist - encouraging herself verbally with what has quickly become her signature call of “Come on!” each time.

“It really gets me pumped up and I start playing my game more,” Hendler said of her on-court demeanor. “With an aggressive game you have to have an aggressive mindset and that really helps me.”

That kind of philosophy has been driven home at the prestigious Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Bradenton, Fla., which Hendler has been attending on a full scholarship since she was 9 years old. She has been playing competitively since the age of 7, when she finished second at the “Little Mo” 8-and-under tournament, which essentially serves as a U.S. national championship for the age group and helped get her a tryout with Bollettieri.

Under his tutelage, Hendler has blossomed as a player and in March finished first in an International Tennis Federation Under-18 tournament in Brazil. She had never played outside of the junior circuit until this week, though.

“You never know what to expect,” said Hendler, who was born in South Africa and currently splits her time between Florida and her mother’s home in Belgium and travels with her father, Mark, when competing. “They’re experienced, they’re older than me, they’re great players and they’re more mature physically and mentally. I just try to stay really tough through the match and concentrate.”

She has had nothing but success so far. According to her father, much of that has to do with her composure on the court.

“That’s her biggest strength for sure - her mental toughness and desire to win,” said Mark Hendler, who serves as his daughter’s travel coach.

“Everybody can hit the ball.”

Even with the braces, Hendler continues to surprise fans and players alike when they learn of her age.

“She’s 14?” said Mircic, almost choking on her sandwich when she learned her opponent’s age after the match “I didn’t know. She’s pretty big and strong for a 14-year-old so she probably has a good future if she keeps it up.”

Next week, Hendler heads to Europe to compete in several tournaments, including the junior competition at the French Open and Wimbledon. But with the chance to take down more ranked professionals in Charlottesville, the future is now as far as Hendler is concerned.

“I’ve just been playing my game so far and it’s been good enough,” the upbeat youngster said. “So, we’ll see what comes.”
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:31 AM   #190

thanks spice boy

i like the comment of mircic lol

www.tamarynhendler.be
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM   #191
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Some more news of Tammy

http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet...1&path=!sports

In the most-watched match of the day, 14-year-old qualifier Tammy Hendler overcame a stomach virus and defeated wild-card entrant Ashley Weinhold, 7-6 (7-3), 6-3, to advance to the Round of 16. Hendler, who won three qualifying matches to make the main draw, said she was sick most of Tuesday night and only got an hour of sleep before her match.

“When I warmed up, I couldn’t see the ball at all,” said Hendler. “I had to stop after five minutes. I told the referee I wasn’t going to play but then two minutes before the match I changed my mind and said I’d give it a shot. I felt absolutely terrible.”

Sticking to her aggressive style of play, Hendler rode her powerful forehand to a first-set victory and then went up, 4-1, in the second. She then lost two straight games to Weinhold and vomited on the court midway through the eighth game of the set. After a brief medical timeout, Hendler won that game and then broke Weinhold to earn a chance at unseeded Estafania Craciun today at approximately 11:30 a.m. Hendler, who said she had never retired from a match before and had no intention of bowing out early despite the pain, said there is a 100 percent chance of her playing this morning.

“There’s no going back now,” Hendler said. …
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:51 AM   #192
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Tammy!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 08:23 PM   #193

tammy lost 3-6,1-6

but what a week ! and it's not completely over, she must play in double later

congrats tammy for this great week

www.tamarynhendler.be
Old May 4th, 2007, 05:07 AM   #194
country flag firefly

firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light firefly is a glorious beacon of light

some really nice things about Tammy in the bottom half of article....

An Apple Blossom alternative
By Tommy Keeler Jr. (column)

CHARLOTTESVILLE — While many in the area may be excited for this week's Apple Blossom, I am not one of them.

The idea of huge crowds gathered around to party and watch a couple parades just isn't for me. For those like me that want to get away from Apple Blossom this year — there is an alternative.

There are crowds and celebrities involved and it involves the greatest game in the world. For the fifth straight year the Boyd Tinsley $50,000 USTA Women's Pro Tennis Championships are back in Charlottesville at the Boar's Head Sports Club.

The Women's Pro Circuit is like the minor leagues of tennis, except they still earn points for the WTA Tour.

Some are players that have been successful in the past, but may have been slowed down by injuries or other speedbumps that have come along in their career. Some are young players who are trying to get their feet wet on the tour and make it to the big time. Others are just players who have never been able to get over the hump and make it to the main tour. Usually for those players, winning means everything.

It's not unusual to see players throwing their rackets in disgust or fuming over their play. The intensity level is at its highest and for many winning secures a plane ticket to their next event.

During the early rounds players have to retrieve their own balls. It's a far cry from the U.S. Open which is part of what makes it interesting.

Most of the top players in the world have come through the Men's and Women's Pro Circuit, including Andy Roddick, James Blake, Maria Sharapova, Justine Henin and Amelie Mauresmo.

The tournament in Charlottesville has seen its share of stars in its five years. In the tournament's first year, Serbia's Jelena Jankovic lost in the final to American Erika de Lone. Jankovic is now ranked No. 7 in the world. In 2003, Anna Kournikova played what turned out to be her final professional match in Charlottesville.

Now there's an interesting piece of trivia.

Kournikova lost that match to Bruna Colosio. If you knew that you're an even bigger tennis junkie than me and probably should get a life.

This year's Boyd Tinsley field is the best in the event's five years. The tournament suffered a blow on Monday when American Ashley Harkleroad (No. 73 in the world) withdrew due to fatigue from playing in several tournaments in a row. Some may remember that I once wrote in a column that Harkleroad would one day crack the top 10. Much like Charles Barkley stood by his comments Sunday night that the Bay Area sucks, I am standing by mine that Harkleroad will make the Top 10 someday. However, I'm not saying the Bay Area sucks, I've never been there and I'm sure it's a great place (no hate mail please).

While the absence of Harkleroad would be a crushing blow to some Pro Circuit tournaments, that is not the case in Charlottesville. Last week they gave a wild card to American Meghann Shaughnessy (No. 55) and so she has taken Harkleroad's No. 1 seed. Shaughnessy has been ranked as high as No. 11 in the world and is trying to prepare for next month's French Open.

The Charlottesville tournament also features 16-year-old American Madison Brengle (No. 286) and former top 10 player Brenda Schultz-McCarthy. Schultz-McCarthy (No. 234), of Netherlands, once reached No. 7 in the world. The 36-year-old retired, but has returned to the tour this year.

Several players who have athletic fathers are also playing this week.

American Carly Gullickson (No. 203) is the daughter of former Major League Baseball pitcher Bill Gullickson and American Riley Banks is the daughter of former University of Texas star and NBA player Lance Banks, who is now the Assistant General Manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Another daughter of a famous celebrity, Alexandra Stevenson, tried to qualify for the tournament but came up in short in her match on Monday. Of all the players in the tournament, the most talented may be the youngest of them all — 14-year-old Belgian Tamaryn Hendler.

Remember that name and, if you get a chance, you should go watch the talented youngster play. She hits the ball as hard as anyone in the tournament and has a solid serve for being only 14. She's trying to make history this week as she attempts to qualify for her first professional tournament and earn her first ranking points.

"It feels good to be playing at such a high level," Hendler said after winning her second-round qualifying match. "It's really nice to know I can beat some of the older players."

Hendler defeated veteran Petra Rampre, of Slovakia, on Monday and with a win today she will qualify for the main draw. Hendler trains at the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy and is coached by Bollettieri, who has coached many top pros in the past. Hendler is in Charlottesville with her dad, Mark, this week.

Last weekend Hendler made her professional debut on the grandest of stages. She represented Belguim in the Fed Cup against the United States in Winston Salem, N.C., where she played doubles with Caroline Maes against American's Lisa Raymond and Vania King. They lost the match 6-1, 6-2, but it was something Hendler said she won't forget.

"Now that was an experience," she said. "Everyone was rooting against me. The fans were all stomping their feet and chanting 'USA.' I got to meet Serena and Venus [Williams] and I learned a lot from them."

Hendler has a poise about her that's beyond her years and, with a strong support system, I think she will be a Top 10 player someday (I know you've heard that before, but this one you can take to the bank).

If you head out to Charlottesville this week you can see a star before they become big and also see some exciting tennis.

Who needs parades and crowded streets when you can catch several rising stars playing the world's greatest game?

* Contact Tommy Keeler Jr. at tkeeler@nvdaily.com

Friday, May 04, 2007
firefly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #195

Tammy will be back next week for the milan trofeo bonglifio.

junior tournament grade A

Her calendar has been updated on her website, www.tamarynhendler.be

www.tamarynhendler.be