how intelligent are tennis players? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 20th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #1
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
how intelligent are tennis players?

i mean, specially in women tennis the girls are very young
so i think they have left the school very early
and so i asked myself "how smart are this players?"

and i don┤t mean the match-intelligent
and not how fast they have learned to speak english and all this stuff.

when i hear some players they want to study after her tennis-career
then i would like to know if a university just take them because they have a famous name and have enough money, or would this university take them for her intelligent too?

and the other reason why i ask is, is some rudeness (off and oncourt) related to a lack of intelligent?

Last edited by matthias : Nov 20th, 2004 at 04:47 PM.
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2004, 04:38 PM   #2
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias
i mean, specially in women tennis the girls are very young
so i think they have left the school very early
and so i asked myself "how smart are this players?"

and i don┤t mean the match-intelligent
and not how fast they have learned to speak english and all this stuff.

when i hear some players they want to study after her tennis-career
then i would like to know if a university just take them because they have a famous name and have enough money, or would this university take them for her intelligent too?

and they other reason why i ask is, is some rudeness (off and oncourt) related to a lack of intelligent?
Some players dont really have any formal education because they have been playing tennis all their lives. Some players though have been to school and college.

Venus and Serena both have been and still go to college.

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #3
country flag !<blocparty>!
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.

!<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute !<blocparty>! has a reputation beyond repute
Lindsay scored highly in her high school test thingy i read ages ago, there's like points or something over there

Go Rafa.

!<blocparty>! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 04:44 PM   #4
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
okay Serena and Venus still on college
but Kim, Justine been very young too as they started her career?
did they finish a school?
and what about the russians?
and Mauresmo?

or was her goal just too make enough money and then they don┤t need a good education?
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 04:46 PM   #5
country flag PointBlank
Team WTAworld

PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute
Tamerine went to a good USA college..Harvard,Yale,Princeton something like that..Granville started at Stanford but left to turn pro...Marissa graduated from Stanford
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 04:48 PM   #6
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno, i think it's pretty silly not to continue your education when you are growing up. Tennis doesnt last forever and what do the players do when their careers are over?

I remember Serena once making a comment about Hingis not having a formal education..

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 04:52 PM   #7
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo
I dunno, i think it's pretty silly not to continue your education when you are growing up. Tennis doesnt last forever and what do the players do when their careers are over?

I remeber Serena once making a comment about Hingis not having a formal education..
i think too it is silly not to continue education
so many think can happen, and when you never reach the level where you can earn enough money you will have a bad life after tennis-career
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #8
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Justine is definitely intelligent. I read that she studied Latin, which means she was in a ASO school, the highest grade possible
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #9
propi

propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute
They can always get the Uni degree once they've completed their tennis life and they take advantage of the contacts they did during the tour years. Lots of football players do so.
Anyways having a degree or going to Uni doesn't mean they're intelligent and the other way round.
Finally there're different types of intelligence; you can "score" high in one but be crap at other 3
This is a complicated thread to answer
Du temps
"

propi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #10
country flag Spunky83

Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
okay Serena and Venus still on college
but Kim, Justine been very young too as they started her career?
did they finish a school?
and what about the russians?
and Mauresmo?

or was her goal just too make enough money and then they don┤t need a good education?
I think Justine didn┤t finish school, but she was quite good at it. If she hadn┤t became a tennis player, she┤d like to be a journalist.

Russians? Myskina is a student at some college in Moscow, studying to be some kind of sports-coach though she doesn┤t want to become a coach at all...Sharapova always does her school work on tour via Internet. The eurosport commentators said they always see her in front of the computers in the players┤ lounges studying. Dementieva went to a french school or something like that (international school?).

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana

M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #11
country flag Spunky83

Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brαm
Justine is definitely intelligent. I read that she studied Latin, which means she was in a ASO school, the highest grade possible
I am sooo glad that you actually say that people who have studied Latin are intelligent...you make my day!!!

Visit: Anastasia-Myskina.com
Inside-Tennis.net
Justine - Nastya - Ana

M-A2R0T0I6N-A
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:44 PM   #12
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky83
I am sooo glad that you actually say that people who have studied Latin are intelligent...you make my day!!!
i would call them crazy

Last edited by matthias : Nov 20th, 2004 at 05:49 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:49 PM   #13
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by propi
Finally there're different types of intelligence; you can "score" high in one but be crap at other 3
This is a complicated thread to answer
i know what you mean
but maybe is a lack of intelligence the reason why some players are "crap" (like you called it)
because they know they don┤t have another chance in her life
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #14
country flag j_dementieva27

j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future j_dementieva27 has a brilliant future
dementieva def. went to some sort of post-high school kind of school in russia... she speaks at least 4 languages fluently and was to continue studyind language... her whole family are doctors and she often said that she too would be on eif she was not a tennis player
Current Ranking: #5

2006 Single Win/Loss Record: 42-14

2006 Doubles Win/Loss Record: 15-10

Winner(2): Tokyo Pan Pacific Open (Tier I), JPMorgan Chase Open (Tier II)
Finalist(1): Pacific Life Open (Tier I)

Also A Proud Fan Of:

[[ Hingis | Hantuchova | Jankovic | Pierce | Golovin ]]
[[ Myskina | Dokic | Zvonareva | Ivanovic | Mirza ]]
[[ Chakvetadze | Kournikova | Pironkova | Sugiyama ]]

j_dementieva27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #15
propi

propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute propi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i know what you mean
but maybe is a lack of intelligence the reason why some players are "crap" (like you called it)
because they know they don┤t have another chance in her life
Well it obviously shows that I could improve a lot my expresion in English
Du temps
"

propi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote