Will Monica Seles return in 2005? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Monica Seles return in 2005?

Yes, she'll be back for the Aussie circuit. 13 44.83%
Yes, she'll be back at some point in 2005. 5 17.24%
No. 11 37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:20 AM   #1
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
Will Monica Seles return in 2005?

Yes or no, and why.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:24 AM   #2
country flag LTA Tour

LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light LTA Tour is a glorious beacon of light
I think she's gonna try to return for the Aussie circuit, but she'll come back during the clay season.
LTA Tour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:28 AM   #3
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
i think at some point in 05 she'll give it her final shot. and we'll all watch hoping she can be as good as she was in 02... i'd be shocked if she could get herself there, but i'm hopeful. tennis to me no longer hinges on one player. i won't be crushed if she never returns, but i think tennis in general would be so much better to have someone like monica back and playing well. plus, she deserves to go out on a high note or at least having fun.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:29 AM   #4
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15
i think at some point in 05 she'll give it her final shot. and we'll all watch hoping she can be as good as she was in 02... i'd be shocked if she could get herself there, but i'm hopeful. tennis to me no longer hinges on one player. i won't be crushed if she never returns, but i think tennis in general would be so much better to have someone like monica back and playing well. plus, she deserves to go out on a high note or at least having fun.
good post
Never come

Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:29 AM   #5
11/11/11

though i think i'd consider myself 'crushed' if she did call it quits.
Never come

Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:31 AM   #6
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandy22
though i think i'd consider myself 'crushed' if she did call it quits.
i think im kidding myself by saying i won't be crushed
it's just that i'll continue to love tennis.
i won't be surprised if i cry a lil the day she does indeed decide that the love story between her and professional tennis is over.
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:35 AM   #7
11/11/11

Quote:
i think im kidding myself by saying i won't be crushed
it's just that i'll continue to love tennis.
i won't be surprised if i cry a lil the day she does indeed decide that the love story between her and professional tennis is over.
yeah thats gonna suck
Never come

Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:35 AM   #8
11/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk
I doubt Monica comes back.

I really don't want her to either. I just don't see her wonderful game coming back.
Sadly, it's a strong possibility she wont be the same player... but I want her to try anyway
Never come

Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:37 AM   #9
faboozadoo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandy22
Sadly, it's a strong possibility she wont be the same player... but I want her to try anyway
for sure. i really hope she realizes that she looks SO great and that it would be a blast just to go back out on tour and enjoy her poplarity and see what happens with her tennis. she could maybe find her third wind
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:38 AM   #10
11/11/11

Quote:
for sure. i really hope she realizes that she looks SO great and that it would be a blast just to go back out on tour and enjoy her poplarity and see what happens with her tennis. she could maybe find her third wind
if she made top ten again id be ecstatic lol
Never come

Old Nov 18th, 2004, 03:48 AM   #11
country flag bello

bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold
If she can string some good results together it would be awesome to see Monica come back for a last hoora, cos while i also seeing legends struggle at the end of the career, i dont like them to go out the way Seles has either!

MONICA SELES~NANCY FEBER~ROMINA OPRANDI~ADRIANA SERRA ZANETTI~SERENA WILLIAMS~MIRJANA LUCIC

Rossana De Los Rios ~ Alicia Molik ~ Flavia Pennetta ~ Trudi Musgrave ~ Francesca Schiavone ~Tatiana Golovin ~ Maria Vento-Kabchi ~ Anna Kournikova ~ Chanda Rubin ~ Brenda Schultz-McCarthy ~ Lina Krasnoroutskaya ~ Monica Niculescu ~ Sania Mirza ~ Cindy Watson ~ Patty Schnyder ~ Ashley Harkleroad ~ Sophie Ferguson ~ Barbora Strykova ~ Barbara Schwartz ~ Maria Emilia Salerni ~ Tsvetana Pironkova ~ Lisa McShea ~ Jelena Dokic ~ Iroda Tulyaganova
bello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 04:10 AM   #12
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute
No
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 04:19 AM   #13
country flag AimeeLizAni

AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts AimeeLizAni is infamous around these parts
Yes she will, because if she does, I will bump Elia off of my top five Faves to make room for Monica.
AimeeLizAni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 07:01 AM   #14
country flag WANTED

WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice WANTED is just really nice
no
WANTED is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 07:41 AM   #15
country flag Great Seles

Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road Great Seles is on a distinguished road
The vision never fades. It's that way when a lunatic suddenly emerges from a crowd to destroy his victim, offering shock value at its most severe instant. Always, even years later, you picture the trauma as if it occurred yesterday.

The disheartening truth is that we will never realize how magnificent Monica Seles could have been with a tennis racket clutched in her two-handed grip, amazing when you consider how truly unconquerable she was.

But perhaps because of that terrible day during a WTA Tour event in Hamburg in 1993 – when a German lathe operator and deranged Steffi Graf fan named Guenter Parche stabbed Seles between the shoulder blades – we have witnessed something far more valuable than her legend.

It's called her spirit.

Are you sitting down? She's 30. Three-oh. All grown up and sophisticated and as delightful as ever. The world blinked, and gone was that 17-year old phenom whose desire to crush every ball was just a tad more vigorous than the grunting that accompanied each groundstroke. She was marvelous. The best.

Seles was one of the first to relentlessly whack away no matter the match or its importance. She hit with as much force trying to save a decisive point in a Grand Slam final as she did in daily practice sessions. She was steadfast in her mission and dominant in her craft, winning eight Grand Slam events before the stabbing.

She has captured one since.

"It was a very special feeling what I had going in the early 1990s," says Seles. "Kind of like a storybook . . . I had that focus. It just came naturally to me. I was always in the moment, just me and the ball."

She didn't compete for more than two years after Parche's blade inflicted its physical and mental wounds, and for some time now Seles has either been tired or hurt. She wants to play one more year and depart on her own terms.

She deserves that much.
Great Seles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote