Tennis Is Nothing Without Vee & Rena - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #1
country flag lolo7

lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about lolo7 has a spectacular aura about
Tennis Is Nothing Without Vee & Rena

I can't believe the hate and disrespect that people have for those sisters. Tennis was dying till they came along. Everyone wants to find the "great white hope" and they have found it in Sharapova. The sisters have brought depth and respect to the tour. Everyone from John MacEnroe to Boris Becker use to diss the WTA, not anymore since the Williams have elevated the came.Sharapova won a million dollars in one day yeaterday because womens tennis has become a popular sport the females are making big bucks because of the sisters. The sisters have paved the way for the up and coming like Sprem, Golovan and Sharapova. Serena has played in some of the most exciting matches in recent history. Serena has a great personality, she made the YEC entertaining this year and drew record breaking crowds. I don't recall who won last year. Evey tennis coach at every tennis academy are teaching their players how to play like a Williams. I'm sure Urri Sharapovas dad sat down with his daughter and watched every single taped of the Williams. Yes the sisters struggled this year because everyone has adopted their style of play which is agression and going for every shot. Sharapova is about to get a perfume line and a movie made about her based on her life. WTF?
Sharapova is capatilizing off of what the sisters started. I hope the sister rededicate themselves to regain their rightful place on the throne.
lolo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:05 PM   #2
country flag dav abu

dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future dav abu has a brilliant future
Tennis was fine before the William's came along and it will be fine after them. The sport is bigger than any one player. I come from Ireland where tennis is a minority sport but most people always had respect for the WTA from the time of Navrativo to Graf through to the William's. There can be no denying that the Williams along with Anna Kournikova brought extra publicity to the sport but the womens tour was certainly not dying!!!
dav abu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:11 PM   #3
country flag Jeleno Benesovo

Jeleno Benesovo has disabled reputation
Tennis is more than the williamses

Jelena Dokic

Martina Hingis

Jeleno Benesovo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #4
country flag tondinh

tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts
Actually the Williams sisters are nothing without tennis.
tondinh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:17 PM   #5
country flag heartBREAKeRS

heartBREAKeRS has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tondinh
Actually the Williams sisters are nothing without tennis.
Bitch... wanna fight

heartBREAKeRS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo7
I can't believe the hate and disrespect that people have for those sisters. Tennis was dying till they came along. Everyone wants to find the "great white hope" and they have found it in Sharapova. The sisters have brought depth and respect to the tour. Everyone from John MacEnroe to Boris Becker use to diss the WTA, not anymore since the Williams have elevated the came.Sharapova won a million dollars in one day yeaterday because womens tennis has become a popular sport the females are making big bucks because of the sisters. The sisters have paved the way for the up and coming like Sprem, Golovan and Sharapova. Serena has played in some of the most exciting matches in recent history. Serena has a great personality, she made the YEC entertaining this year and drew record breaking crowds. I don't recall who won last year. Evey tennis coach at every tennis academy are teaching their players how to play like a Williams. I'm sure Urri Sharapovas dad sat down with his daughter and watched every single taped of the Williams. Yes the sisters struggled this year because everyone has adopted their style of play which is agression and going for every shot. Sharapova is about to get a perfume line and a movie made about her based on her life. WTF?
Sharapova is capatilizing off of what the sisters started. I hope the sister rededicate themselves to regain their rightful place on the throne.

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:20 PM   #7
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeleno Benesovo
Tennis is more than the williamses
I fully agree

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #8
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #9
country flag Martian Jeza
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect

Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute Martian Jeza has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenan
Bitch... wanna fight
Yeepeeh, we've found a tennis hool

Loads will accept being deceived and being whores of the system : a few others with ethics and values decided to be Free Human beings

BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, Lagardere are criminals : WAKE UP !
Martian Jeza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #10
country flag Jeleno Benesovo

Jeleno Benesovo has disabled reputation
Williams fans get over it! Masha owns Serena's butt and Venus is over!

Jelena Dokic

Martina Hingis

Jeleno Benesovo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #11
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that the WTA Tour needs the Willaims sisters to be healthy and playing well for an entire year. That would be very good for women's tennis.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #12
country flag Tichi

Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all Tichi is a name known to all
Ok, the williams sisters made their mark on the tour, they were probably the ones who generally initiated the hard-hitting style of play. At least they're most known for that. They're both great players and they will always be that. But you have to face it, it's not anymore like 10 years ago, when one player could dominate the sport for several years. People got familiar with that type of play and adjusted their own games.
And it was about time for the 'next big thing', it came with Sharapova. Last year it were the belgians that made noise, now it's Maria. Before that it were the Williamses but they're not the only ones anymore.
Tichi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeleno Benesovo
Williams fans get over it! Masha owns Serena's butt and Venus is over!
you say it now, but no the williams sister really looking for revenge.. and it gonna be MAria and lindsay

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:37 PM   #14
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Nope.....To most people the sisters are only good for tennis when they compete but don´t actually WIN....they need to stay in the sport because they are two of the few players who can actually bring fans to the stadiums, but that´s the only good thing about them....sadly, but that´s the reality in tennis right now. Need Serena to make the YEC entertaining, but it´s better when she doesn´t WIN it.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #15
country flag Jaime Bahena

Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
I agree that the WTA Tour needs the Willaims sisters to be healthy and playing well for an entire year. That would be very good for women's tennis.
What about a healthy, b*tch slappin' Maria? Do you think her winning everything would be good for the game?
Jaime Bahena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote