Serena WAS injured - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #1
country flag igost

igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold igost is a splendid one to behold
Serena WAS injured

Anyone, who said she wasn't, either didn't see the match or was biased against Serena.
igost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #2
VeraNuVirgosFan

VeraNuVirgosFan has disabled reputation
Get well 100% the soonest, Serena!!

YVera Brezhneva
of Nu Virgos * ВИА-Гра
Vera – You are my #1!! Я тебя так благодарна!!

* Maша Sharapova * Nicole V * Venus * Лена Dementieva * K-Lina Šprem *
VeraNuVirgosFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #3
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by igost
Anyone, who said she wasn't, either didn't see the match or was biased against Serena.
It's just a couple of haters with nothing better to
do than constantly talk of someone they claim to hate
so much!

Not to mention that a certain someone(I think we all have a good idea)
is behind these "new" posters and their immediate bashing of Serena.

Anyone with eyes could
see she was hurt.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #4
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
I mean....funny how everybody believe Maria´s shoulder injury in Zurich and then just don´t wanna admit that Serena WAS visibly injured in this match?! I mean FIRST serves of 80 mph´s?! From Serena?
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #5
TonyP

TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future
I think she was injured, but it only seemed to affect her serve. She seemed to move well and be able to execute other shots. Maria fans, and Maria herself, might have been skeptical, because of when the five minute injury break was called, and the fact that she seemed to do everything except serve just fine.

They may also be skeptical because of Serena's long history of claiming injuries.

LIke it or not, she is one of the most often injured players on tour and has failed to finish matches before, pulling in third sets when behind. This time, she toughed it out,but you can't blame Maria for being a little skeptical.

And it is time for Serena to show a little more maturity and start giving a little credit to her opponents. She simply got out played at Wimbledon and to pretend it was all about her not showing up is simply nonsense. Sharapova is obviously a tough match up for her, end of story.
TonyP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:19 PM   #6
country flag DemWilliamsGulls

DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute
It was too obvious.....Serena is known for her serve....her serves were the speed of Dementieva's or slower...and you KNOW thats not a characteristic of her.....NO but did ya'll see how those injuries that brought the STREET BALL style out that she played back when she was winning grand slams!!!

Last edited by DemWilliamsGulls : Nov 16th, 2004 at 01:30 PM.
DemWilliamsGulls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #7
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just so upset for Serena! Poor girl, she was finally more or less healthy, started to find her groove again, and now...
I just hope she'll be Ok for the start of the season!

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #8
country flag Jaime Bahena

Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady
I'm just so upset for Serena! Poor girl, she was finally more or less healthy, started to find her groove again, and now...
I just hope she'll be Ok for the start of the season!
Let's hope it's not an abdominal injury like the one Venus suffered, that lasted for about eight months. Get well, Serena.
Jaime Bahena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #9
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP
LIke it or not, she is one of the most often injured players on tour and has failed to finish matches before, pulling in third sets when behind.
put a number on it, because i'm sure you don't know what you're talking about.
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #10
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think she was injured, but it only seemed to affect her serve. She seemed to move well and be able to execute other shots. Maria fans, and Maria herself, might have been skeptical, because of when the five minute injury break was called, and the fact that she seemed to do everything except serve just fine.

They may also be skeptical because of Serena's long history of claiming injuries.

LIke it or not, she is one of the most often injured players on tour and has failed to finish matches before, pulling in third sets when behind. This time, she toughed it out,but you can't blame Maria for being a little skeptical.

And it is time for Serena to show a little more maturity and start giving a little credit to her opponents. She simply got out played at Wimbledon and to pretend it was all about her not showing up is simply nonsense. Sharapova is obviously a tough match up for her, end of story.

sure, sure....who´s your fav again? If I´m not mistaken it was Lindsay, no? Hmmm.....was she really injured at the u.s.open? She too seems to have a looooonnnnggg history of injuries, no? Maybe Sveta was just a tough match-up?

Besides I don´t see what wimbledon has to do with this match?
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:21 PM   #11
country flag KindaNice

KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold
Who is denying she was injured?! It was CLEAR she was!
KindaNice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:27 PM   #12
country flag G1Player2

G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute G1Player2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Sharapova a tough match up for Serena?! Likewise, Serena is a tough matchup for Maria...end of story...If Serena hadn't have been injured that match would have been over in 2 sets...

By the way, Serena almost beat Maria WHILE being injured...Just imagine the scoreline if she wasn't
G1Player2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:28 PM   #13
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
well I guess since I don't think serena is in wellfare and thinks lets just take out on of my biggest weapons so that my opponent can win the match.
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:51 PM   #14
bandabou

Exactly irma...we all know Serena´s game is built around her big serve....yet somehow people wanna make us believe that Serena would delibaretely start missing every 1st serve and df´lting 3 times in a game.....
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #15
country flag Elldee

Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future Elldee has a brilliant future
There's no doubt in my mind that Serena was injured. Serena is a great competitor and at 4-4 having lost 4 games she would not serve 3 double faults unless she was in great pain. She should have retired at 4-4 though.

Elena Bovina | Anastasia Myskina | Flavia Pennetta
Fernando Verdasco | Tommy Haas

Q. Give us an update on the kid.
A. Are you serious?
Elldee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote