Is Maria So Goofy because she's only 17? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:12 AM   #1
country flag DeDe4925

DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice
Is Maria So Goofy because she's only 17?

DeDe4925 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:12 AM   #2
country flag bmxbandit
Team WTAworld

bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe4925
What I'm seeing really is pathetic
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:14 AM   #3
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
I think that's just her personality... people used to think Hingis' erm, "issues" were age related too, but she never really grew out of them... I expect the same of Maria
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:15 AM   #4
country flag KindaNice

KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold KindaNice is a splendid one to behold
I would tend to agree. She IS only 17. She was awful intense but a little grace in handling the situation (an obviously injured opponent) would have been nice to see.
KindaNice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:15 AM   #5
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute
That was definitely the speech of a 17 year old. That nasaly giggle, though...

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:16 AM   #6
country flag tondinh

tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts tondinh is infamous around these parts
I think I just threw up my dinner. Stop your goddamn giggling, bitch!
tondinh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:17 AM   #7
country flag faste5683

faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future faste5683 has a brilliant future
She's the goofiest YEC champion I've ever seen...

"The great thing about Henin and Federer is that each of them is a beautiful player and a superior competitor, so the divide is effectively bridged. Have there ever been a pair of No. 1 players who so fully represent the abundantly gifted as well as the fully-ripened competitor?"
faste5683 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:17 AM   #8
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully being tacky and not even mentioning your opponent and their effort in a match isn't the symptom of a 17yrd old. That was horrible.
Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:21 AM   #9
franny

franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute
Again, I think that it's just from exhaustion. It just shows you how much a year on the tour can wear you out. SHe looked more relieved to win than excited. At wimbledon, it was pure excitement. Here, it looked like relief.
no i am not talking about a racket or a squirrel, i am talking about the former and future number 1..............
martina hingis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Justine Henin Hardenne, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce, and any of my other favorites that I might have forgotten about at this moment.
franny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:22 AM   #10
country flag DeDe4925

DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice DeDe4925 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I think that's just her personality... people used to think Hingis' erm, "issues" were age related too, but she never really grew out of them... I expect the same of Maria
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:25 AM   #11
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaNice
I would tend to agree. She IS only 17. She was awful intense but a little grace in handling the situation (an obviously injured opponent) would have been nice to see.
playing passively and not getting into the match wasn't doing much for her...
some of you would have only been happy if maria would have lost meekly, but guess what, didn't happen.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:29 AM   #12
country flag Amorc

Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough Amorc is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Hopefully being tacky and not even mentioning your opponent and their effort in a match isn't the symptom of a 17yrd old. That was horrible.
Thats true, what she should of said is:

"Serena played at her very best today and gave a great effort, fortunately I was still able to win despite the fact that I only played at about 20% of my best"
Amorc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:31 AM   #13
country flag Diesel
Been There... Won That... x2

Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute Diesel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorc

"Serena played at her very best today and gave a great effort, fortunately I was still able to win despite the fact that I only played at about 20% of my best"
That's fine. Because even injured Serena still almost took the title. Attempt wit, it doesn't change the result nor the fact that Maria was tacky and classless today.
Diesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:32 AM   #14
cool bird

cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road
What did Serena and Sharapova say in threre speech

" IF YOU SCARE A MOUSE WHAT HAPPENS IT RUNS AWAY. IF YOU SCARE A LION IT WILL STAY AND FIGHT"

VENUS AND SERENA THE LIONS
OF THE WTA

Americans are not DUMB.... oh wait Bush WON
cool bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 04:44 AM   #15
country flag DeDe4925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorc

No what she said was "I wore her down". If that's not the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That's like kicking a dog when they are down. Far worse than saying I only played at about 20%. But, you be the judge.