Serena Fans... . about the YEC Final. . . - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM   #1
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Serena Fans... . about the YEC Final. . .

. .. .I was wondering while I was @ the track, jogging, "Would it be such a bad thing if Serena doesn't win this match against Sharapova?"

Unlike other players, I don't think that the defeat would shake Serena's confidence, and I don't think she'll start doubting her ability. Her fans know that she's not the fittest that she could be, and we can see that she tends to "push" the ball over the net whenever she is not confident.

The match against Sharapova could definitely be a measuring stick for the explosiveness and competition that she is going to face next year. Even bigger, this tournament could also let Serena know how she rates among the other top players in the world.

I certainly hope that she wins tonight, but I'm thinking - win or lose - she knows that she is still a work in progress. Even if she does win, I am not sure that she would be able to win a SLAM with her current form.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!

Last edited by Pureracket : Nov 15th, 2004 at 09:56 PM.
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #2
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Just by reaching the F.....that was already a bonus to me. NOBODY saw Serena reach the final, so that for me is already great. If she wins, it´s cool. If she loses? not the end of the world....just want to see if the fight is still there.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #3
franny

franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute franny has a reputation beyond repute
Being in the finals of the YEC is never a terrible thing, never. To beat the players that she's beaten, even if she doesn't win, there is no shame in it. Same for Maria. Both are winners in my book. Both have achieved more than what anyone expected from them, so let's just hope they have fun and have a great match.
no i am not talking about a racket or a squirrel, i am talking about the former and future number 1..............
martina hingis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Justine Henin Hardenne, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce, and any of my other favorites that I might have forgotten about at this moment.
franny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #4
country flag Navratilove

Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough Navratilove is a jewel in the rough
Yeah that's a good posititive attitude, because Serena will definitely get her ass whipper tonight. Good preparation folks!
Navratilove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #5
country flag Crazy_Fool

Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice
Could be another Wimbledon, just think the 2 semis are quite similar

Davenport - Dementieva
Crazy_Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:20 PM   #6
country flag vs1

vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold
I'm happy for every positive step Serena takes. I certainly want her to win tonight because it will be such a great achievement, on a close of a mediocre year. If she doesn't win, then I won't be broken. I'm so proud of her already. Just hope that she can take that one last step...the step that's worth a million bucks!!

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out

SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!

OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:26 PM   #7
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
The last step, the last step....seemingly she doesn´t have a problem REACHING the finals ( 5! and at a tier I, wimbledon and the YEC.....so that´s three BIG events there, not even Davenport did that well in her comeback), so far it seems that PERFORMING in the finals has been a problem. Something really un-Serena-like. Used to be such a clutch performer.

Hopefully this match is gonna help her get that clutch-ness back.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #8
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
The last step, the last step....seemingly she doesn´t have a problem REACHING the finals ( 5! and at a tier I, wimbledon and the YEC.....so that´s three BIG events there, not even Davenport did that well in her comeback), so far it seems that PERFORMING in the finals has been a problem. Something really un-Serena-like. Used to be such a clutch performer.

Hopefully this match is gonna help her get that clutch-ness back.
Well, she did perform well @ her first final back. She also won that one in Asia too, right?

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:55 PM   #9
country flag Jaime Bahena

Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
Just by reaching the F.....that was already a bonus to me. NOBODY saw Serena reach the final, so that for me is already great. If she wins, it´s cool. If she loses? not the end of the world....just want to see if the fight is still there.
If this match was a boxing rematch, it would be the old champion versus the new kid on the block: experience versus unbridled energy. It's gonna be a h*ll of a fight, I'm sorry, tennis match. Whomever wins, the loser will use the match as incentive to kick a** the next time they play each other.
Jaime Bahena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #10
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bahena
If this match was a boxing rematch, it would be the old champion versus the new kid on the block: experience versus unbridled energy. It's gonna be a h*ll of a fight, I'm sorry, tennis match. Whomever wins, the loser will use the match as incentive to kick a** the next time they play each other.

Uhum....got that one right. Hopefully so too..we want a fight!
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #11
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Fight like hell Serena win or lose!! You can bring the Russian Empire down!!

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote