The Quote Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:40 PM   #1
country flag Santorofan

Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all
The Quote Thread

This thread will be dedicated to any/all quotes pertaining to tennis that posters find interesting, insightful, amusing or otherwise historically relevent. Previously I have attempted to include quotes on player-specific threads only; this thread will be more all-incompassing in nature...
Santorofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:41 PM   #2
country flag Santorofan

Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all
"Tennis is a fight of character." - Charlie Pasarell
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #3
country flag Santorofan

"I believe in always hitting the ball with all my might, but there seems to be a disposition to "just get it over" in many girls whom I have played. I do not call this tennis." - Molla Mallery (1920)
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:46 PM   #4
country flag Santorofan

"Some people are just power. Some people are just smarter." - Louise Brough Clapp
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:48 PM   #5
country flag Santorofan

"When you play a better player, don't try to hit harder. Play your own game, but try to be faster on your feet." [/b] - Pancho Gonzales
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:51 PM   #6
country flag Santorofan

"A top 20 player who wins the first set will go on to win the match 89.6 percent of the time." - The Association of Tennis Professionals
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:53 PM   #7
country flag Santorofan

"Five sets of singles in practice are equal to three in a match." - Eleanor "Teach" Tennant
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:54 PM   #8
country flag Santorofan

"A serve does not have to be powerful to be effective." - Frankie Durr
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #9
country flag Santorofan

"The day of a match I'm visualizing certain points and my opponent's weaknesses and strengths. I'm thinking, not chitchatting." - Chris Evert
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:58 PM   #10
country flag Santorofan

"If I had to live my life over - I would be a topspin player." - Frankie Durr
Old Nov 5th, 2004, 11:59 PM   #11
country flag Santorofan

"Pressure is privilige." - Billie Jean King
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 07:56 AM   #12
country flag Ricksasha

Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice
"I'm gonna be sick"
Tracy Austin, upon learning Kathy Rinaldi had just reached the Semifinals of Wimbledon.

Last edited by Ricksasha : Nov 6th, 2004 at 03:27 PM.
Ricksasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #13
country flag Santorofan

"Winners aren't popular, losers often are." - Virginia Wade
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 07:53 PM   #14
country flag Santorofan

"Chris Lloyd came out of the dressing room like a pistol." - Virginia Wade (in the broadcast booth)
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 07:55 PM   #15
country flag Santorofan

"At Wimbledon, the ladies are simply the candles on the cake." - John Newcombe