!~!~!~Meghann Shaughnessy Cheering Thread~!~!~! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:05 AM   #76
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
No pic of her holding the trophy?

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:27 AM   #77
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-lix
No pic of her holding the trophy?

Yeah..i would like to see that aswell
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 03:18 AM   #78
country flag Andrew..

Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute
Megs lost to #1 Mauresmo in the 1r of RG today 4-6 4-6.

Too bad, such a bad draw. But Meghann should be proud. She played well, and really it could have been even closer. Bring on the grass!
Andrew.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #79
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Nice fight today MEGHANN!!!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #80
country flag BMP

BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of BMP has much to be proud of
I can't believe it's so still here

Meg, congrats with another title!

(at least one American girl won today )

Bad that site isn't still updated and it's difficult to find details....

Also support: Vee & Ree, Jankovic, Wozniacki, Aga & Ula, Lepchenko, Mattek, Harkleroad, Karatancheva, Chan

ATP: Rafa Mirnyi Hartfield Tsonga

Nicole + Radek
BMP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #81
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Shaughnessy Toughs It Out, Spoils Smashnova's Finals

FOREST HILLS, NY, USA - After going down a set and staring down the barrels of Anna Smashnova's flawless finals record, the odds seemed fairly stacked against Meghann Shaughnessy. But the American rekindled the fire that once took her within striking distance of the world's Top 10, pulling off a 16 60 64 victory to capture her second Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles title of the year.

Saturday's final, played for over two-and-a-half hours under warm but cloudy conditions, took several turns. Smashnova came out on fire, drilling her trademark deep, topspin groundstrokes to perfection and coming away with an easy first set triumph. Shaughnessy kicked into gear at that juncture, cruising through the second set with some consistently aggressive play, coming into net often and producing clever angles to finish the points.

From the beginning of the third set it was apparent that both Shaughnessy and Smashnova could sense the finish line, as both women began playing their best at the same time. Based on their prior finals appearances it would seem the Israeli would have the edge (she was 12-0) but in the end it was the American who pulled through, gaining the critical break for a 6-4 final set win.

"It was an honor to play in such an historic site this week," said Shaughnessy on the venue, formerly used for the US Open. "Anna played really well all week and today as well. All the players really enjoyed their week here, including me."

Shaughnessy has had somewhat of an up-and-down year, but is currently riding one of the ups. After going 0-5 in her first five events, she won 14 of 20 matches in her next seven, a run highlighted by an early round victory over Justine Henin-Hardenne (her first Top 10 win in two years) and her fourth career Tour singles title at Rabat. After winning two matches in her next four events, the American was impressive in her most recent outing two weeks ago in Los Angeles, reaching the quarterfinals before falling to Serena Williams in three tight sets.

The 64th-ranked American, a former world No.11, had claimed three titles before this year, at 2000 Shanghai, 2001 Québec City and 2003 Canberra, and has finished a runner-up four times, at 2001 Scottsdale, 2001 Hamburg, 2002 Sydney and 2005 Memphis. She is now 5-4 lifetime in finals.

Shaughnessy was the first American Tour singles titlist of 2006 when she won at Rabat, and now she is the second. The only other Americans to have reached a Tour singles final at all this season have been Jamea Jackson (a runner-up to Vera Zvonareva on the grass courts of Birmingham) and Lindsay Davenport (who fell to Justine Henin-Hardenne on Saturday in the concurrent Tier II event in New Haven).

Smashnova's impeccable 12-0 finals record falls to 12-1 with the loss. She has taken home at least one Tour singles title in each of the last five seasons. Her dozen trophies include Tashkent in 1999, Knokke-Heist in 2000, Auckland, Canberra, Vienna and Shanghai in 2002, Sopot and Helsinki in 2003, Vienna in 2004 and Modena and Budapest last year. The biggest triumphs came with her Vienna and Sopot wins (they are Tier III events).

This was the third staging of this US Open warm-up event. In its first year, Russian veteran Elena Likhovtseva won the title, beating the Czech Republic’s Iveta Benesova in straight sets in the final. Last year, Lucie Safarova outlasted Sania Mirza in an all-teenager championship. Safarova returned to defend her title this year as the top seed, but was ousted in the first round.

Again. No pic with the trophy

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #82
country flag Seri

Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of Seri has much to be proud of
Meghann Shaughnessy photos

http://elena-vesnina.ru/

Vera Zvonar'eva, Svetlana Kuznetsova Maria Kirilenko Elena Bovina Nadia Petrova Dinara Safina Anna Chakvetadze Vera Douchevina Alexandra Panova Ekaterina Bychkova Galina Voskoboeva Nina Bratchikova - BEST TENNIS GIRL
HINGIS - STAR #1; Amelie Mauresmo - nice
Seri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #83
country flag isabellea

isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute

More on www.mytennisphotos.com
isabellea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #84
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Meghann!!! I met her in Tokyo and she is so nice. Kinda sad to her her bounced out of the first roudn I took some great pics at the AIG Open

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...%20AIG%20Open/

"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #85
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Geaux Megz!
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #86
country flag isabellea

isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute isabellea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meghann Shaughnessy photos

More from Eastbourne on www.mytennisphotos.com
isabellea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:41 PM   #87
country flag Paule22

Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute
I cant believe it :( (Meghann married Rafael)

http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet...1&path=!sports

Shaughnessy working on her mind games

By Jerry Ratcliffe / jratcliffe@dailyprogress.com | 978-7251
May 3, 2007

The world of professional tennis is a wild ride, filled with emotional ups and downs, injuries, hot streaks and slumps.

Meghann Shaughnessy, the top-seeded player in this week’s Boyd Tinsley USTA Women’s Pro Championships at Boar’s Head Sports Club, is a classic example of how things can easily slip. The highest caliber of player to come this event’s way in its short five-year history, Shaughnessy is ranked No. 56 in the world and less than satisfied.

That’s part of the reason she’s here. This week the Boar’s Head clay is her laboratory as she and her husband/coach Rafael Font de Mora, conduct their experiments against players mostly ranked outside the top 100. It’s a less pressure-packed environment rather than taking test runs against top-40 competition.

With two more clay-court events coming up on her schedule - next week’s German Open, then a tournament in Rome, followed by the French Open - what better place to get her groove back than in laid-back Charlottesville?
Once ranked 11th in the world (2001) in singles (No. 4 in doubles, 2005), Shaughnessy is determined to regain that status. The 28-year-old, born just down the road in Richmond and now a resident of Scottsdale, Ariz., exhibited the same kind of grit in her match Wednesday that has won her nearly $3.5 million during her career.

Her opening-round, 6-1, 6-3 triumph over Sofia Melikishvi was vintage Shaughnessy, as she used a strong serve and attacking forehand to advance. She fell behind, 0-2, in the second before reeling off four straight games, then closed strong.

“I just kind of relaxed a little bit and you can’t do that,” Shaughnessy said. “It doesn’t matter if you’re playing the No. 1-ranked player in the world or No. 55. If you relax, you’re going to have a problem. I had a little mental lapse there and I was happy that I got it back to 2-all and came through.”

Perhaps the results wouldn’t have come as smoothly against top-notch competition, so credit the 11-year pro and her coach on realizing what it would take to regain her form.

She struggled early this season and decided it was time to again team with Font de Mora as her coach. He developed her game from the time she was age 13 and knows her better than anyone. But for the past few years, he has worked with another player and she worked under a different coach.

This week marks the first time they have worked together as player/coach in quite some time, with the emphasis being on returning to the basics.

“If you have a coach that develops you, there’s no one better than him or her to really be able to see when you’re hitting the ball well or when you’re not,” Shaughnessy said. “They know what you’re thinking, know when you’re struggling and that’s a huge advantage.”

While she came to town to win, her main focus is to work on her game. What she wants most out of this week is to regain her ultra-aggressive style, playing more inside the court and dictating the rallies.

She’s a big believer that if she can accomplish those goals that results will follow and she can raise her game to a top-10 world ranking in singles.

There’s no question she has the game. Last year was one of those up-and-down seasons as previously mentioned when she went 0 for 5 in her first five events, then won 14 of 20 matches in her next seven. She knocked off Justine Henin-Hardenne, which was her first win over a top-10 ranked player in two years.

Shaughnessy went on to win two Tour titles and finished the season ranked No. 37, nearly 30 places higher than the previous year.

“She has a good all-court game,” said her coach. “That is the reason she has won titles on all surfaces - hardcourt, indoors and on clay. If she serves well, she is very dangerous because her first serve is a big weapon. She can attack with her forehand, she can come in, she plays well back or forward. When she’s playing well, she’s very hard to beat.”

A tireless worker, Shaughnessey believes that her mindset, combined with a coach that can bring out her best will be a winning combination.

“I just really work hard on my game every day and believe I can do it,” she said. “It’s confidence. It’s believing that you’re the one that’s supposed to win and that you’re going to win. So much of it is in the mind.”

With so much parity among players, particularly from the physical aspect, the difference in winning and losing is often what’s going on between the ears.

“So many girls are capable of being at the top level with their game, but mentally there’s just a little difference between them and the very top players,” Shaughnessy explained. “When it comes down to the very key point of the match, the top players go for it and they believe they’re going to make it and that’s why they do make it.”

Shaughnessy’s game revolves around the work ethic and intensity, although Font de Mora says that sometimes she’s too hard on herself. But he is there to bring back that intensity.

So far, so good.
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 04:26 PM   #88
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I cant believe it :( (Meghann married Rafael)

When I read the title, I thought it was Nadal
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #89
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Meghann at Barcelona

Megh has reached the Final of WTA Barcelona, she beat Pennetta 60 46 64 in Semis She will face Gallovits in the Final!
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 12:10 PM   #90
country flag Megkiss!

Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light Megkiss! is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Meghann at Barcelona

Yeah! I knew that she could make it! Now, take the title Meg!!!
Megkiss! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote