!~!~!~Meghann Shaughnessy Cheering Thread~!~!~! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #31
country flag Paule22

Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute
I do not understand this, but hopefully she is fit for Berlin next week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #32
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute
Let's hope she will play at Berlin...
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #33
country flag Paule22

Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute
She will.
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:29 AM   #34
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute
At Berlin, Meghann beat Prusova 46 63 76, then Randriantefy 75 63, and has been beaten by Bovina yesterday 46 26...
In the doubles with Nadia Petrova, they beat Bovina/Dechy and will play Dulko/Vento Kabchi this afternoon...
Old May 24th, 2005, 06:24 PM   #35
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future
geneve --

that is an awesome photo...thx for sharing

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #36
country flag *Jean*

Thanks !

At Hertogenbosh, Meghann is in the quarters. She beat Smashnova 62 64 then Groenefeld 76(9) 36 30 ret ! She'll play local favorite tennage Krajicek...she can win !!! C'mon girl !

In doubles with Nadia, they beat Krizan/Russell 63 26 60...
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 07:20 AM   #37
country flag Paule22

Let's see if Meghann can defeat Vera this time good Luck and congratulations for getting threw qualification!
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 08:54 PM   #38
country flag Paule22

Meghann DESTROYED VERA 6-3; 1-6 and 7-6
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #39
country flag Andrew..

Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute Andrew.. has a reputation beyond repute
Not quite destroyed

Great win Meghann What amazing fight. This improves her ranking at least ten places.
Andrew.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:14 AM   #40
country flag Paule22

This week she has to fight against Ai in San Diego. all the best.

I have another question concerning Meghann and if anyone is able to say a bit more about it. It's clear that Font de Mora is a guy which was in a relationship with Meghann and probably Anna-Lena Grönefeld as well. Long time ago I found something about Meghanns youth in Usenet and after reading it again now, i want to know if anybody has got this photograph or even the magazine, or again, know even something more about it.

Tennis Week 1998:
Quote:
Christopher Gerby 21 Jan. 1998 10:00 Optionen anzeigen

Newsgroups: rec.sport.tennis
Von: Christopher Gerby <74211.3...@CompuServe.COM> - Nachrichten dieses Autors suchen
Datum: 1998/01/21
Betreff: Re: Australian Open Women's Qualifying Singles

<< Could you summarize for those of us who don't get TW? >>

The article is about the sometimes questionable
impact tennis coaches have on their pupils. A big chunk
of the expose details the relationship between Meghann
Shaughnessy and her coach, Rafael Font de Mora. When she
was 14, Meghann enrolled at a tennis academy in Pheonix.
This happened around the same time her parents were going
through a difficult divorce. The two situations combined
to have unfortunate results.

Meghann dropped out of school and moved into Font
de Mora's home (along with some other junior players).
Before long she severed ties with her family, to the
extent that they couldn't even find or contact her. Her
parents eventually took legal measures to get their then
16-year-old daughter away from Font de Mora, but it didn't
last. Meghann furiously convinced her father to let her
return to the coach. They tried to pull her out of the
academy a year later after being informed of "inapporpriate
behavior" between Meghann and Rafael, but backed off since
she'd be turning 18 soon anyway and they didn't want to run
the risk of alienating her forever.

With all this drama in the background, Meghann has
struggled in her pro career. Her last win in the main draw
of a WTA Tour event came in November '96. She's lost
repeatedly in qualifying and at challengers, with Font de
Mora personally financing her travels. She's without
sponsorship at the moment, IMG having dropped her after the
'97 season. Meanwhile, rumors swirl that Font de Mora puts
too much pressure on Meghann, has a "cult-like control over
her", and has been romantically involved with her since
before she turned 18. He adamantly denies the last point
and vows to stick with Meghann for the long term, even if
it means selling his club in Tampa to finance her career.

Thankfully, Shaughnessy is back on speaking terms
with her mother, who says "Meghann does seem happy now."
Things are also looking up in her career, since she won
three qualifying matches to earn her way into the
Australian Open draw. The last of those wins came over
#4 qualies seed Lea Ghirardi-Rubbi, who has gone on to
win a match in the main draw as a "lucky loser".
Shaughnessy's own stay in the main draw was short lived
(Rita Grande got her in straight sets), but the
successful run through qualifying was a nice breakthrough
which should give her a little boost in the rankings and
ease the financial burden a tad.

--Chris G.
As i said, there is picture from a few years ago, so if anyone can help or just say what he is thinking about it. Cheers

Last edited by Paule22 : Aug 2nd, 2005 at 12:44 AM.
Paule22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:53 PM   #41
country flag Paule22

Meghann had to retire at 0-3 against Sugiyama. Hopefully it is not that bad.

Get well soon Megs!
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #42
country flag *Jean*

As a widl card, Meghann beat #9 Nathalie Dechy of France 76(3) 26 64 ! But she lost in the second round against her friend Anna-Lena Groenefeld 36 57. She played the doubles with Anna-Lena : they beat Garbin and Santangelo 63 64, but had to withdraw in the quarters because of Groenefeld's left knee...

Now focus on the US Open : Meghann will play Sesil Karatantcheva in the first round. Not an easy toss. And if she wins, she'll play Mauresmo (who will for sure beat Roberta Vinci.). Not an easy draw, but give all Meg !
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 03:46 PM   #43
country flag Paule22

get rid of Font de Mora Meghann! He is not in love you anyway.
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 11:09 AM   #44
country flag *Jean*

Meghann lost to Karatantcheva 6/2 5/7 5/7 after having several match points.
Let's hope a better shot in doubles w/Nadia Petrova
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 07:18 PM   #45
country flag Paule22

Nachtigall, ich hör dir trapsen:

Meghann + Nadia def. M. E. Salerni/M. Vento-Kabchi 6-3; 6-7; 7-5 !!!

This is the title team Jean! Watch out!

by the way...Meghann hadn't got any matchpoint in singles!