The Katie O'Brien Double Fault Festival - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2004, 03:00 PM   #1
country flag Grachka

Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute
The Katie O'Brien Double Fault Festival

Maybe its about time the Yorkshire player was given her own permanent, magical thread in WTAWorld. She has risen from around 750 at the beginning of the year to her current ranking of 393, and the good news is that she's improving all the time!

Good luck Katie, maybe her form can live up to the thread title (yes I know its lame)

Saori Obata

Born : April 23rd 1978
Residence: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 5' 5" (1.65m)
Weight: 132 lbs. (60 kg)
Plays: Left handed
Career Prize Money: $652,031
Highest Singles Ranking: 39 (Feb 9th 04')

ITF Titles: Augusta (2005), Gifu (2005), Fukuoka (2003), Port Pirie (2001), Jakarta (1996).
WTA:
Finalist (1): 2003 - Tashkent.
Semifinalist (1): 2003 - Bali.
Quarterfinalist (6): 2004 - Birmingham; 2003 - Memphis, Pattaya City; 2002 - Bali; 2001 - Tokyo [Japan Open]; 2000 - Shanghai.

Last edited by Grachka : Apr 8th, 2008 at 07:26 PM.
Grachka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 26th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #2
country flag englishjenfan

englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light englishjenfan is a glorious beacon of light
I think Katiue has great talent, who knows what she has in store for the WTA Tour and she has years left!
*Emily*

Lindsay Davenport

Visit my site at www.freewebs.com/jennifercapriati

Proud to be one of Jen's Hell's Angels!
englishjenfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 06:18 PM   #3
country flag Caz

Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of Caz has much to be proud of
Good luck Katie!

JOIN THE CHURCH OF PAM ~
Worship the comedy that is tennis!
Caz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #4
country flag Grachka

Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute Grachka has a reputation beyond repute
Katie is currently playing the $25K in Port Pirie, Australia in the qualies.

She beat Lauren Cheung 6-4 4-6 6-1 in the first round and rumour has it that she has beaten Katie Pinchbeck in the second round

Saori Obata

ITF Titles: Augusta (2005), Gifu (2005), Fukuoka (2003), Port Pirie (2001), Jakarta (1996).
WTA:
Quarterfinalist (6): 2004 - Birmingham; 2003 - Memphis, Pattaya City; 2002 - Bali; 2001 - Tokyo [Japan Open]; 2000 - Shanghai.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #5
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
She qualified there but failed to qualify the next week

Shes had a great year and theres more to come i'm sure.

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 08:55 PM   #6
country flag Grachka

Katie is a good prospect. I remember seeing her in Edinburgh this year, hits decently off both sides, good serve. She struggled to make a particular impact against Elke Clijsters in the semis, who was outhitting her at times, but when she managed to dominate the points, she looked in control. Not wild.

Let's hope she keeps developing that game, if she can push Sanchez-Lorenzo to 46 46 then there is definately something there.

Saori Obata

WTA:
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 03:37 PM   #7

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Well shes ended the year 385ish next year she'll break the top 300

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #8
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of
Good luck Katie

Katie certainly has had a good year and more to come in 2005. Good luck Katie.

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2004, 08:40 AM   #9
country flag ae wowww

ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of ae wowww has much to be proud of
I've seen Katie play in Surbiton a couple of times, and Bolton, (and Wimbledon) - was so impressed ! Her family show great support, also..
Natasha Khan - Tatiana Perebiynis - Lucie Safarova - Kelly Liggan - Maria Sharapova - Andrea Petkovic - Anna Smith - Jie Zheng - Jelena Dokic - Francesca Schiavone - Kim Clijsters - Tamira Paszek - Iveta Benesova - Cara Black - Jane O'Donoghue - Alicia Molik - Elena Bovina - Emily Webley-Smith - Emma Laine - Casey Dellacqua - Patty Schnyder - Carly Gullickson - Caroline Wozniacki - Jennifer Russell - Jelena Jankovic - Trudi Musgrave - Nicole Vaidisova - Anna Chakvetadze - Pemra Ozgen - Shuai Peng - Bryanne Stewart - Alexandra Stevenson - Abigail Spears - Sania Mirza - Irina Bulykina - Tatiana Golovin - Jill Craybas - Bethanie Mattek

Anastassia Rodionova
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #10
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Kaite's next tournament is Tipton $10K where she is so far the 6 seed! This is a great chance for her to make a few cheap points and even win it! After that she's in Hull $10K! I think she could well be top 300 by March!

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #11

I think Katie might have a brill year this year.By just building on last year she will easily get top 300 and even higher if she goes for it.

If Mel is fit all year i think she can achieve the same.

, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #12
country flag :Rawwb:
Team WTAworld

:Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute :Rawwb: has a reputation beyond repute
Im going to the Hull semis and i hope she is still in the tourny. this is our home town/area and she use to attend my school so it would be great tos ee her in the semis. i wish her all the best!
:Rawwb: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #13
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of
Tipton

Katie wins her first round match v Thomas today. Hope she and Mel play doubles.

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 03:25 PM   #14
country flag WIMBY

Kate And Mel Play Doubles

KATIE BT MEL THIS MORNING IN THE 1/4 FINAL BUT DOUBLES UP TO PLAY BORWELL/W-SMITH THIS AFTERNOON. GOOD LUCK

Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:53 PM   #15
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Katie is in the final as she "beat" Emily 3-2 ret. Emily turned her ankle so hopefully she's oki! Katie plays Boulykina in the final so she can definitely win her first title! Go Katie!

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote