ALG und Haas im Hopman Cup - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2004, 09:38 AM   #1
ChrisGermany

ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice
ALG und Haas im Hopman Cup

I am surprised in the most positive way that Germany managed to get its BEST team play- and marketing-wise to play this event together.

I often dreamt about this team and -though I believe there won´t be any live pics on TV- I think they can do some damage. ALG improved in doubles dramatically and Haas is back on top in singles, so that is the best perspective in a long time compared to the likes of Begerow/Karbacher f.e..

Can some re-live the Hopman cup history by the way?

I believe that I remember correctly Haas and Huber made it to Perth once but weren´t that successful, right? We all know the likes of Huber/Becker, Stich/Graf and that tragic Becker/Graf team, don´t we.

What do you expect from this team?
ChrisGermany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #2
country flag Katha-Ger

Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice Katha-Ger is just really nice
I saw ALG play double and i think she is able to win against top-players.haas is back adn close to the top-players, too.i hope they will be successful to get confidence for the following tournaments.
are you sure they won`t show it on TV?eurosport?
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 03:39 PM   #3
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
i guess they have a chance to win some matches. but don't forget that the other teams are great as well. but i'm very happy to see a german team and to see this team in hopman cup.

i rember that GRAF/STICH and HUBER/BECKER won that trophy, but what about the tragic of GRAF/BECKER???
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 08:26 AM   #4
ChrisGermany

ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice ChrisGermany is just really nice
Graf/Becker were announced as the greatest dream team for German tennis the year they played in Perth. Germany was extatic about them teaming up and I believe that next to the year Graf won with Stich this was the only time that Perth was broadcasted LIVE on German tv (except for one of the following years when Graf was expected to play with I believe Karbacher and then stepped back injured ; rumours say Graf wanted to play in 2000 as a final farewell with Haas but was refused by Tommy).

That year Steffi started fresh and with high expectations in Australia and wanted to challenge the top players but was hit by a virus. That virus forced her out of her singles match against Sukova that year whereas Becker won against Novacek. As everbody expected the sensational German mixed team, Steffi played the mixed instead of resting and it was a very sad picture seeing her suffering and Boris trying to push her up. With the doubles likes of Karel and Helena though Germany had no chance to survive this match and consequently lost.

One year later Graf came back to win with Stich, later on Becked teamed with Huber.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 08:41 AM   #5
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
ouch! so they played just this one match against SUKOVA/NOVACEK and retired than for that hopman cup?
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #6
ChrisGermany

I believe the format was different in former years, no round-robin.

In the history of the Hopman, the organizers often enough gave the chance to developing nations where new promising names combined with stars kind of improved their games to a promising start for a year so that later on everybody can say, it all started in Perth. F.e., last year, think of Strycova later on rising to the top100 in singles.

If you think of ALG trying to decrease the number of events in 2005, this could very well mean a rise to top50 level in women´s singles later on. Combined with Tommy, this should be exciting. Not successful maybe, but exciting. And when I think of the rise Molik had after a number of solid performances in Perth in past years, AnnaLena definetly should get confidence just by playing those big names of couple of more times than in the tierIII events she is used to play.