Ana will NOT play for Switzerland - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:25 PM   #1
country flag ©@®eLess

©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute
Ana will NOT play for Switzerland

In interview for Serbia daily newspaper her father Misho Ivaovic said that it was too low for commentator to ask her such a question, and that she only said that she likes visiting Zurich, cause she thinks it's a nice city, and to prove the interview on the site was wrong is that they wrote that she lives in Bulgaria, her father said she only went there once!!!!!!!!
Desperate Swiss trying to get another player for them!!!!! He says it is probably being made of jelousy

Jankovic suffers from severe Chinese syndrome! Only God can help her!
©@®eLess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:28 PM   #2
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
It's crazy how there are so many threads about Ana all of a sudden.

I thought that interview was a bit stupid, especially the part about Bulgaria, I mean, WTF??? I didn't take it that seriously.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:32 PM   #3
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
why is it "low" to ask such a question?

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:36 PM   #4
country flag ©@®eLess

©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat

would he ask her such a question if she was from USA. Being from Serbia it's much easier: We first trash the country and then take all the best people from them, so we can trash them again!!!

http://www.novosti.co.yu/vest.php?ve...&rubrika=Sport

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:37 PM   #5
country flag ©@®eLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat

and again. are you serious or your brain just went off

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:40 PM   #6
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
But also I must say I don't believe that jealous players made up the story about the Swiss passport as her father said.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 09:16 PM   #7
country flag Sugiyama=#1

Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough Sugiyama=#1 is a jewel in the rough
It's okay to play for other countries for players who want to switch citizenship.
Magee's sister did that. But I still suggest playing for the countries that funded you before going pro.
Sugiyama=#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 09:35 PM   #8
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duleml
would he ask her such a question if she was from USA. Being from Serbia it's much easier: We first trash the country and then take all the best people from them, so we can trash them again!!!

http://www.novosti.co.yu/vest.php?ve...&rubrika=Sport
I hear you... but unfortunately money rules. so you better get used to it.
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:49 AM   #9
country flag blablabla

blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice blablabla is just really nice
Only a fortnight ago at the 59th bithday of JSD Partizan a happy-looking Ana Ivanovic received an award for sportsperson of the year of her club (According to a poster on B92.net.)

Today's internet edition of Vecernje Novosti shed some light on the speculation regarding who she wants to represent. Here's the translation.

Lies And Jeaolousy
A. PALIĆ 21.10.2004, 18:02:19

Ana did not request Swiss travel documents! After only one round of Europe's biggest indoor event, the Zurich media aswell as the media in our country ran the news story that our talented tennis player (who soon turns 17) wishes to play under the Swiss flag. Apparently Ana made these statements at the press conference after her 2-1 victory against Golovin.

- It's simply false. We neither requested nor were offererd Swiss travel documents - was Misha Ivanovic (her dad's) categorical reply - Ana answered dozens of questions at the press conference and the only thing she said was that she always likes coming to Switzerland and enjoys it whenever she visists Zurich. It's likely that it was this statement that was accidentally (or purposely) distorted by someone.

The father of Serbia-Montenegro's great hope in the "white sport" remarks that his phone went red hot after the news from Zurich filtered through. Everyone called, from friends to the head of Serbia-Montenegro's Tennis Federation who for the first time voiced their concern for the extra-talented tennis player.

- Some of the players, I don't know for what reason, probably jealousy, invented the story that Ana has a Swiss passport for 6 months now and lies that are being circulated through the tennis comminity. - Ana's dad explains.

Since her current coach is the head of the Swiss Fed Cup team coupled with the fact that Ana has strong sponsorship links with that country people concluded that she was on the verge of a move. Still, the biggest indicator that she didn't change who she wants to represent was her famous "quote" that she lives in Bulgaria !

- That's just funny. Ana has been to Bulgaria only once, to play a tournament. - answers a smiling Misa Ivanovic.

source:
http://www.novosti.co.yu/vest.php?v...9&rubrika=Sport
blablabla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:08 AM   #10
country flag rwb196

rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts rwb196 is infamous around these parts
When faced with a bunch of adults asking questions generally a 16 year old kid would say anything in order to win approval or acceptance it would be child's play to manipulate them into saying something controversial i.e -

Journo: Do you like the tournament?

Ana: Yes it's great I love it

Journo: How do you like being in Switzerland?

Ana: It's great, lovely people and nice scenery

Journo: It would be a good place to live and train?

Ana: Yes it would be fabulous,so many nice mountains and cuckoo clocks

Journo: A Swiss passport would be nice thing to have?

Ana: Yeah that would be good

Job done! now the journo has his story

I blame the WTA aren't they are supposed to have someone moderating these press conferences so that players don't get trapped by devious journalists.
rwb196 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:04 AM   #11
country flag **Jelica**

**Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future **Jelica** has a brilliant future
I'm really confused (again, lol).

ALLEZ JUSTINE!

Јелена Јанковић Keep it going!
**Jelica** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:27 AM   #12
country flag Joana

Well, in today's newspapers she says that those weren't her exact words, and that she only said she enjoys being in Switzerland.