Errmm.. Something I'm curious about. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #1
country flag JC Federer

JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all
Errmm.. Something I'm curious about.

Men keep a spare ball in one of their shorts pockets. Where exactly do girls keep their spare balls?

I know Arantxa Sanchez Vicario wore a belt that stored a ball behind her, but most girls I see shove it up the inside of their dress somewhere... Does the dress have pockets on the inside?

I've been wondering this for about 10 years but was afraid to ask.
JC Federer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #2
country flag katiektc

katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute
most tennis shorts under dresses have a special pocket to put a ball in,otherwise the dresses are usually tight enough to hold the ball in place especially in kuznetsovas case...
katiektc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:38 PM   #3
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsutd
Same place where Nadya Petrova puts the butt of her racket
It was the side of the frame of her racquet
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #4
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
I think it's stupid to have an extra ball up there (so to speak).
It breeds a 'just in case' attitude. It subconciously puts into your mind that you could fail and will need a backup, but if you don't keep one, it means you don't think you'll need one, which menas you're more positive.
Or something...............perhaps................... maybe.........
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #5
country flag JC Federer

JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all JC Federer is a name known to all
So what purpose do these tennis shorts serve exactly?

If you put a ball up there, does it affect your mobility? Does it feel awkward? You can see the ball sticking out of their dress, and I just have to wonder if it might hurt when you move as the ball is chafing against you...

The pocket is on the outside of the shorts right, and not touching their skin?

Would it not make more sense to just create pockets on the front of the skirt, like with men's shorts?

Quote:
most tennis shorts under dresses have a special pocket to put a ball in,otherwise the dresses are usually tight enough to hold the ball in place especially in kuznetsovas case...
I don't understand what you meant here? Where on the dress is it stored? I don't watch Kuzzie enough, can someone explain what she does?

Quote:
Same place where Nadya Petrova puts the butt of her racket
Where might that be? I don't watch her either, so I don't know.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #6
country flag katiektc

katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute katiektc has a reputation beyond repute
lol....erm, no you wouldnt feel it because the pocket is on the outside of the shorts.its not so complicated
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 09:36 PM   #7
country flag Spunky83

Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute Spunky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Haha...interesting thread Well, you shouldn´t fall on the ball, but that´s basically it...
There are some players who don´t like to have a second ball under their skirt. Steffi played with the second ball in her left hand for a while...Justine never has a second ball. It just depends on how you prefer it.

PS: That belt thing of Aranxta looked totally stupid...

I can´t believe that you had the terrible need to ask this question for 10 years now...just ask.
Spunky83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 03:04 AM   #8
country flag JC Federer

So the only purpose for the inner shorts is to store the ball? Does it do anything else? It looks like it would make things warmer down there, and they might sweat more.

I actually was previously told (before noticing these shorts -- not sure how long they've been wearing them for) that they just shove it up their underwear. Now that would really hurt unless they were stretchy undies. Not sure if there's any truth to that though.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 10:25 AM   #9
country flag katiektc

ok now its just turned pervy
its just to hold a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 11:21 AM   #10
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute
Who can remember the funny plastic clip they used to wear!!

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 11:30 AM   #11
country flag JC Federer

What of those girls who dont wear the inner shorts? They got pockets somewhere else?

I think at the USO Dementieva didn't wear a skirt, she wore some kind of red shorts... did she keep the balls the same place men do?

Or does she just ask for one ball at a time?

I didn't like that outfit btw.