Venus Spanks Sprem in Zurich - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
Venus Spanks Sprem in Zurich

Venus Spanks Sprem in Zurich

Photo By Fred Mullane By Tennis Week
10/20/2004

Venus Williams settled the score today. The seventh-seeded Williams crushed Croatia's Karolina Sprem, 6-2, 6-2, to avenge her Wimbledon loss and surge into the second round of the Swisscom Challenge in Zurich today.
The match was a rematch of Sprem's shocking 7-6(5), 7-6(6) second-round upset of Williams at Wimbledon in in a meeting marred by a scoring error committed by chair umpire Ted Watts in the second-set tiebreak.

This time, Williams, who was sporting a new shorter hairstyle and a large glittering ring on her left hand, dressed down Sprem with deep drives from the baseline. She broke Sprem's serve twice in each set to wrap up the win in 54 minutes. Williams will play either Tatiana Golovin or Ana Ivanovic in the second round.

The stunning setback to Sprem at Wimbledon marked Williams' earliest exit from a Grand Slam tournament since she fell from the second round of Wimbledon in 1997. It snapped her streak of four consecutive appearances in the Wimbledon final and marked the first time since Williams' 1999 quarterfinal loss to Steffi Graf that she succumbed to a woman other than sister Serena.

For more results, please visit the Swisscom Challenge web site.

In other results, eighth-seeded Russian Nadia Petrova beat American wild card Lisa Raymond, 6-4, 6-3; ninth-seeded Ai Sugiyama was a 6-2, 6-3 victor over Shinobu Asagoe in an all-Japanese meeting; Daniela Hantuchova defeated Vera Douchevina, 6-1, 6-4; Nathalie Dechy stopped Swiss wild card Timea Bacsinszky, 6-1, 6-4; Alicia Molik overcame Silvia Farina Elia, 6-1, 7-6(5); Paola Suarez edged Jelena Kostanic, 6-3, 3-6, 6-4; and Fabiola Zuluaga handled Mary Pierce, 6-3, 6-2.
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #2
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold
I love you Venus, great job babygirl!

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
VeNuS#1LoVa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #3
country flag bmxbandit
Team WTAworld

bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of bmxbandit has much to be proud of
I want Venus to spank me
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #4
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit
I want Venus to spank me
You're not the only one!
Paneru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:49 PM   #5
country flag Jaime Bahena

Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice Jaime Bahena is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit
I want Venus to spank me
I want to spank Venus, in front of Serena!!
Jaime Bahena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #6
DUNEMAN

DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road DUNEMAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuke
You're not the only one!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, Venus is giving out spankings? I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant one, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Official Dream Catcher Of the Royal Court
Dream Catcher (Lakota) Legend
DUNEMAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #7
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
'large glittering ring on her left hand'?
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 09:33 PM   #8
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute
WAY TO GO VEE!!
Making that slow and easy come-back to form.
The dynasty awaits!
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 09:38 PM   #9
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
How come none of these articles have any quotes from Venus??

I WANT SOME QUOTES!!!!

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 10:05 PM   #10
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
"The Wimbledon match wasn't on my mind at all," Williams insisted afterwards. "I just see that game as a one in a million kind of thing. It's ancient history."

"I don't think she necessarily played her best today, but she's a very good player," said Williams.

"My game was nice. I was serving well, returning well, just an all-around good game. A lot of pace. That's one of my strengths, to use my pace and power to dictate."
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 10:14 PM   #11
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana
'large glittering ring on her left hand'?
Is that the sound of your heart breaking I hear Volcana ?
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 12:44 AM   #12
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
nice win v!!! good quotes too, so nice
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote